(Topic ID: 83508)

Extremely strange behavior from Monopoly chance kickout solonoid.

By CadillacMusic

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dayhuff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

This monopoly will be the death of me. It keeps developing odd solonoid behaviors. Originally, it was with the 20v solonoids. They'd pulse very weakly - weakly enough that the electric company couldn't kick out. They'd behave fine in test mode, but during the game they'd just barely fire. We brought it in from the field. I changed out the driver board, the solonoid, the ROM, the transformer...everything I could think of. Didn't fix the problem. I just gave up and started stealing parts from it.

I stole both boards for other games, and the CPU board seemed to be messed up. So I thought I'd try getting it working again. Put back the parts I stole, put in a brand-spankin'-new CPU board, a known working driver board, and turned her on. Original prblem gone (yay!). New problem arises. The Chance kickout solonoid now won't kick out properly. Similar symptoms. I can literally put a ball into it during play, and watch it struggle and not kick it out, then hit the test mode button, and watch it kick the ball like a mule. What the heck is going on? If it were a code issue, other people would have this problem. If it were a transistor, wiring, or solonoid fault, it wouldn't be able to kick during test mode. I've tried turning off both the bank, motor, and motor relay. No dice. Any ideas, anyone?

#3 10 years ago

No, one was the original 2.02 ROM, the other was a burned 3.02 Rom, at least according to the file. It was the ROMs in your TSPP?

#5 10 years ago

I didn't try a display ROM switch...not like it could hurt, I guess. I did swap the board though. Might as well try a different version CPU ROM as well. How very weird, though. Is it some kind of bug brought about by running a ROM that was build for a version 1 CPU in a version 2 CPU?

#6 10 years ago

Ok, I took all the sound ROMs out, because if they're not there, they can't interfere. Tried a new display ROM, nada. Tried the 3.20 cpu: wouldn't boot for me. 2.33 booted fine, but same problem. Anyone have a real early rom, like version 1. something?

#8 10 years ago

To be honest, no, I didn't think of it. Will try tomorrow. Thanks for being so helpful, Ralph.

#9 10 years ago

No better with the factory reset on either the 2.33 or the 3.02. Can't think of what else to do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/extremely-strange-behavior-from-monopoly-chance-kickout-solonoid?tu=CadillacMusic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.