• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20200119_122215 (resized).jpg
20200119_122148 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lathroum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

anyone ever add extra switches for more scoring on an EM pin...

I just got a Jubilee and I find it has a few dead spots on the playfield where nothing happens...

Was thinking of adding a few leaf switches behind a few of the rubbers to add additional scoring options....

Drill a hole... drop in a leaf switch...

nothing crazy... tie them into the 10s scoring....

#6 4 years ago

I picked this thing up for $125... in a home for like 30yrs... so in decent shape...

had a few hacks and was not working when I got it... My plans I think are to add a few switches behind the rubber in the top center part so that rebound off of the pops and when the ball drops from the top will score 10pts... this area is frequently hit, but nothing happens... I am also looking at what I can do in the lower open part of the playfield where there is nothing... thinking about 2 stand up targets near the angled section on the left and right sides... or just switches behind the rubbers... so 4 holes and some wiring... no one will notice... and easily undone...

I wonder if there is enough space underneath to put a spinner on each side? just at the end of each of the bonus light runs... that would just be a hole and a post... there is one nut and post already there on each side...

#8 4 years ago

I think I am just going to tie in 4 new vertical switches behind the rubber at the top center on each angled side and the bottom on the angles on each side... my thought was just to tie into the 10 or the 100s score... nothing big... just a little more action... nothing to do with the bonus at all..

#9 4 years ago

Added 2 switches to the top center so extra points coming out of the rollover lanes and more scoring off pop bumper action... Looks factory... Going to add two more near the bottom... Should liven it up some... tied into the 50 point switches on the sides...

20200119_122148 (resized).jpg20200119_122148 (resized).jpg20200119_122215 (resized).jpg20200119_122215 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#10 4 years ago

Game plays beautifully with the new switches in both locations... does not significantly up the scores... but reduces dead time when nothing is happening...

I like it!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

"The tar pit shot is a hard shot to make with no points scored for it, so decided to add a standup target that scores 1,000 points if hit. Makes this shot worth hitting."
I agree with this fella, that the tar pit deserved more scoring potential, but i guess the designer (Zale)
might have thought the tar pit was a punishment.
I was thinking they should have added a rollover button for maybe 100pts,
but aftermarket mod/change, that is reversible, a stand up spot target seems to be better idea.
[quoted image]

A great idea also!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lathroum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/extra-scoring-mod?tu=lathroum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.