Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Schematic 3 (resized).PNG
Index (resized).PNG
Schematic 1 (resized).PNG
Schematic 2 (resized).PNG
#1 6 years ago

I'm getting a chance go get back to fixing my Extra Inning machine. I have a relay that doesn't match what the schematic claims it should be. The relay is 'O' and is the Ball Return Relay. It claims to be 2B, 2B, 1C in the index, but mine appears to be 2A, 2B, 1C and the schematic shows that as well; I see 2 open, 2 closed and 1 Make/Break switch labeled as 'O'. Anyone have this around to take a look at that relay?

Thanks!
Paul

#2 6 years ago

One other comment on this relay - it seems like it is permanently on, heating up and buzzing. I can share snippets from the schematic if someone has some time to help out.

Thanks in advance!
Paul

#3 6 years ago

Yes, schematic please

#4 6 years ago

Hey thanks - here are the index listings and two snippets from the schematic. Check the highlighted sections.
Thanks!
Paul

Schematic 2 (resized).PNGSchematic 2 (resized).PNG

Schematic 1 (resized).PNGSchematic 1 (resized).PNG

Index (resized).PNGIndex (resized).PNG

#5 6 years ago

Looks like you're right about the contacts. Not the first schematic to be off there.

As far as the buzzing/relay on, what about the NO Ball Return sw. that goes into Q? And can you post a bigger snippet that goes to the right edge?

#6 6 years ago

Here's a larger view of the O and Q area of the schematic.

So when going through an EM when it isn't working right, trust the schematic over the index, or is there no hard rule for that?

Thanks for your help - I have several features I'm trying to fix on this machine right now.
Paul

Schematic 3 (resized).PNGSchematic 3 (resized).PNG

#7 6 years ago

I never look at the contacts in the index, to be honest, just go thru the schematic. Did you check the sw. I mentioned?

DB2 is a bank reset or reset completed?

#8 6 years ago

The Ball Return switch is working; when the ball returns, the innings advance - but bases stay loaded. NO Ball Return switch - I'm not seeing.
DB2 is Reset Completed Relay.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from PKingRoch:

the innings advance - but bases stay loaded.

I didn't know that was a problem. Would "I" still be involved in that? Can you post that section?

#10 6 years ago

Going out of town this weekend - I hope. I hope to do some additional work on this next week. Made some progress last night, then took a couple of steps back. I'll be in touch. Thanks currieddog!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/extra-inning-relay-double-check?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.