Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

elf-will-ferrell.gif
#1 2 years ago

The idea of extra buttons on a pinball machine. From two sets of buttons on a side to the lock down bar. Simple yet opens many possibilities to immerse you into the game play. From controlling another set of flippers to engaging a magnet. From destroying Tie fighters or eating pizza. Where do we go from here? On godzilla you have to hold the lock down bar button to charge his heat ray. Very creative. What is some of the best and worst integration of extra buttons on a pinball machine? Do you like them or should we go back to the original?

elf-will-ferrell.gifelf-will-ferrell.gif

#2 2 years ago

One of my favorite, obscure uses is the third button on the left side of Williams Defender.

It's a player controlled outlane kicker on that side. Soooo difficult to time correctly, but so satisfying when you get it right and save your ball.

Later,
EV

#3 2 years ago

Some export Stern games around 2003 or so that had a button on each side to raise a drain lane post on either side. Change the gambling chance skill crap.

LTG : )

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

It's a player controlled outlane kicker on that side. Soooo difficult to time correctly, but so satisfying when you get it right and save your ball.

Gottlieb’s Volcano has the same button. I love being able to control your own kickback that way.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Some export Stern games around 2003 or so that had a button on each side to raise a drain lane post on either side. Change the gambling chance skill crap.
LTG : )

quite sure it was for the english market only

#6 2 years ago

and than, to reply OP, its very nice on Oktoberfest /stein race

#7 2 years ago

Medusa has the extra right side button for a center post kickback. I like even more that the less you use it, the more bonus you get after ball 3

#8 2 years ago

Nip-it and the “Ball-a-gator” button (right hand side)

#9 2 years ago

Bally FireBall 2 has the "Little Demon" post between the flippers. Gives you bonus points for unused ones too.

3 weeks later
#10 2 years ago

Solar Fire Magna-Save. One on each side.
AFAIC might as well not be there, I'm too old and slow!, never hit them in time, if I think to try al all.....

#11 2 years ago

DND and I think BMX have single outlanes that turn to inlanes when you hit the other side buttons. Super fun but so hard to get used to.

#12 2 years ago

I find myself hitting the phantom lockdown button on games like Ghostbusters. Yeah I know.

#13 2 years ago

I always kind of groan when I step up to a game I’ve never played and find extra flipper buttons.

#14 2 years ago

The Shadow's extra set of buttons on the side to control diverters on the phurba ramps.

#15 2 years ago

The most worthless extra button: the -25,000 button on Speakeasy to get rid of cards that aren't in order. Still one of my fave old Bally games, tho.

#16 2 years ago

Black Knight, for the innovative-at-the-time, Magna Save.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Gottlieb’s Volcano has the same button. I love being able to control your own kickback that way.

The extra buttons on Volcano are excellent. Especially the manual kickback button. Pure skill to execute.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

One of my favorite, obscure uses is the third button on the left side of Williams Defender.

Same on Devil's Dare

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Freeland, MD
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 195.00
$ 199.95
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/extra-buttons-in-pinball?hl=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.