Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by baldtwit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from tnbugman:

I love these damned bingos ...

Me too.

It sounds like you have a short, probably in your Extra ball unit step up coil.

To find out quickly, desolder one lug from the eb unit and get to the same point and see if the anti-cheat unlatches. The anti-cheat releasing tells me that your 50v line is sagging. Since nothing else is going wrong, my guess is that your main power path is fine, so you're left with a short in either the eb unit itself, the eb step up coil, or the trip coil for both eb trips. (there is only one trip relay).

Start with the easiest thing and desolder one lug (cap the wire so it doesn't hit something else) and try. If the game works and allows more than one coin to drop for extra balls, then your coil is probably bad.

Check for obvious mechanical problems by stepping the unit manually to each position and reset.

#4 6 years ago

Not a problem, happy to help - just glad I got it right.

The step up coils on most of the units are similar as far as resistance. Test the score unit stepup.

I -think- the coil is the same as the stepup for the score unit as well - which should be a 25-GG-7 for this era. Check your manual to make sure, or if the label is intact.

Those coils have a more modern substitution and are available from Marco or Pinball Resource. 'Bout $10-20.

What's your other bingo? I love 'em all.

#6 6 years ago

Regarding the coil - you can ensure it's not a short in the unit by playing a full game, pressing the yellow button, then going to the back and stepping the unit manually one step. If the anti-cheat releases (you may see a spark), then you know there's a problem with the unit - perhaps the spider is on upside-down.

Otherwise, replace the coil and you'll be good to go!

Nevada is a really fun game - you'll enjoy some of the differences between that United and the Bally games you've got.

Coney Island is absolutely gorgeous. Very nice collection.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from okorange:

I pulled a 25-H-7 out of the pile and measured. It read 7.0, but it's untested. Chances are it's good, looked pretty clean with no burn marks.

Uh oh. Not a good sign. Definitely test the unit - step manually through step #4 (when it lifts the first EB).

1 week later
#12 6 years ago

Congrats on the pickup of Nevada! Cool game! I'll take a look and firm up my thoughts on the extra credits. Have you cleaned the replay counter disc, by any chance? baldtwit you probably already know what's up - what do you think?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/extra-balls-problem-with-big-time?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.