Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by J-Freeze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

Didn't find a good thread on this upon searching.

Data East Jurassic Park pin

Sometimes the machine decides to start increasing the extra ball values and we can't figure out why. After scoping the manual we still have no idea why it does it. We've gone over all the menu options... nothing.

Recently reset the high scores, I got a new one yesterday and it went on a rampage, upping the extra ball value at every game afterward.

Are we missing something obvious?

#2 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinny-Lane:

Didn't find a good thread on this upon searching.
Data East Jurassic Park pin
Sometimes the machine decides to start increasing the extra ball values and we can't figure out why. After scoping the manual we still have no idea why it does it. We've gone over all the menu options... nothing.
Recently reset the high scores, I got a new one yesterday and it went on a rampage, upping the extra ball value at every game afterward.
Are we missing something obvious?

It sounds like you have replay set to award extra ball instead of a free game, try setting adjustment 16 to NO to avoid the replay threshold creeping up.

#3 6 months ago

That didn't work but your word usage got me thinking and I noticed a Replay boost option. Sure enough...it was on. Didn't think "replay" had an effect on extra ball but it did. When off, extra ball stays at the selected value a few options back.

Thanks!

#4 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinny-Lane:

That didn't work but your word usage got me thinking and I noticed a Replay boost option. Sure enough...it was on. Didn't think "replay" had an effect on extra ball but it did. When off, extra ball stays at the selected value a few options back.
Thanks!

There is no such thing as "extra ball value".
You have "replay" set to award an extra ball where as when not in a home environment "replay" would award a free game.
Its boosted so that it adjusts to the level of the player, so a good player doesn't just keep getting free games over and over.
Its supposed to be harder to achieve as you get better at the game.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside