Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Shmilder
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3283B630-26E7-4A74-822C-EF3437011FE8 (resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    IMGP0569_(resized).JPG
    IMGP0554_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I put an updated pinball pro speaker set in my table and it def sounds much better than stock - well worth it. I'm wondering how much of a diff would adding an external too. Anyone do this or is this just overkill?

#6 7 years ago

I'll need to check it out. Are you guys turning off the internal sub and just rolling with external?

#8 7 years ago

interesting. What about the pinball pro sub. Would you keep that in with the external sub?

#11 7 years ago

thanks for the suggestion. I would love to do the one sub connected at all times to two tables. What sub do you recommend for that and where do you suggest I buy the alligator clip cord from as I want to follow the same approach.

#13 7 years ago

anyone have a link to a good stereo cable with alligator clips attached? Some of the ones I found look like poor quality and not interested in soldering to normal wire.

#19 7 years ago

yeah this polk sub seems like the def go too. I already purchased and installed the pinball pro speaker and sub so I'll likely just keep that in the machine (maybe disconnect the sub) if I end up buying the sep sub. At this point, I'll buy one to try it out. Found a used one for 75 but I don't think it's a very good deal. Number of others selling them but not local and shipping kills it.

#26 7 years ago

hmmm good to know. I was just playing and that pinball pro works well. Not even sure I will do this then. Did it require you to install the stock speaker and sub or just stock sub?

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blackstorm:

Shoot. Good to know. Will have to put it back in and see how they sound together

Report back - interested to hear.

#31 7 years ago

anyone have experience with a POLK PSW350? Seems the same size and might be even more powerful. I ask b/c local person has one for sale...

#32 7 years ago

So I just bought the PSW350 - it really shakes. Twice the output power of the PSW10 and esentially the same size (little heavier)... now the question is how I connect it. My TZ really doesn't have a good place to put the cord through so I might need to drill a hole unless you guys have other suggestions.

As for hookup, I believe the positive and negative go into the last two slots of the 1st row on the sub (which goes +--+) then the other ends go to the subwoofer hookup - prob via alligator clips which I don't have. What I currently have are ends that are straight brass and might be able to be curled to hold onto the existing sub hookup (pinball pro TZ). Any suggestions, lmk.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballpro:

Here is the connector I am referring to (J2)
    image_(resized).jpg

super helpful - thanks!

I'm assuming the screws are then used to hold the wire in place (which I manually screw "down" to hold in the wire)? Also - the other end of the wire should go into 1 negative and 1 positive on the back of the polk. On the back of mine there are two rows of inputs (+--+, +--+) - does it matter which -,+ I hook into?

#39 7 years ago

So I just get everything hooked up - holy shit huge difference. Must play more but for those who never tried - this is def a must try.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/external-subwoofer-and-upgraded-sub?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.