Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6bdf8d3b1946b13a0fb4bc72634b870092f7568c (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Guy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 3 years ago

Please don't shoot the messenger here ...

I actually don't think the operators or the repair techs are lazy here but I believe what we are seeing here is just another lost skill caused by technological advancements that have generated a "throw away" society.

Granted I'm now an old person and in my day circuit board repair was commonplace and when I was young there were TV repair businesses in every town; these places are now long gone as its much cheaper and easier to just buy a new bigger and better TV than it would be to repair your old one. I have to admit that I may now be a member of the last of a generation of electronics technicians that needed to be trained on all the electronic principals and fundamentals necessary to diagnose circuit malfunctions to the component level as this is not a skill you can readily find anymore.

History is filled with many examples of this transition; my grandparents used to can fruits and vegetables as well as salt meats for the winter and in their time this was a skill known by everyone and was given to them by their parents; unfortunately, this is now a lost art as my parents along with the majority of their generation abandoned this technology due to advancements in preservatives and refrigeration which eliminated the need for this skill. Since my generation was never acquired this skill we couldn't pass it on to future generations and a skill that was once required by everyone for basic survival is virtually non-existent nowadays and there are likely very few folks that retained this skill and would be able to survive in an era with no electricity...it's a sobering though if you think about it.

Now get off my lawn!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Guy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/external-power-to-cpu-board?tu=Pin_Guy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.