(Topic ID: 276446)

External power supply for STTNG Color DMD

By mrossman5

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

I have a LCD ColorDMD in my STTNG for 9 years now and never blown the fuse.

Are you using any LED strips in the trough, lighted flipper buttons or anywhere else that is tied into J116-J118? If so, remove them. They are too much for this 12v circuit.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I thought the inserts and GI went to the 5v circuit.

Inserts run off of 18VDC and GI lights run off of 6.5VAC. The ColorDMD runs off the 12VDC unregulated, which starts at that BR5 and comes out at J116 to J118 and it also runs the opto power and any motors.

Really do need to locate where any light strips are plugged in.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

It appears I may have solved my problem. I believe one of the connectors was loose in the Z clip for the color DMD. It seems to be working perfectly now!

Great. I missed this while typing. Enjoy. Just inspection of connections solves many issues.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/external-power-supply-for-sttng-color-dmd?tu=PinballManiac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.