(Topic ID: 196445)

Extend LCD Display (Star Wars, Aerosmith, Batman 66)

By pudealee

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by buffaloatx
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Do the new Stern games with LCD back-box display have the ability to extend the screen to another display?

#2 2 years ago

There is a hdmi port in the motherboard. Thats all i know.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

There is a hdmi port in the motherboard. Thats all i know.

Is that how the main screen is connected? Or is it unused?

#4 2 years ago

From what I understand, not currently.

The main screen isn't HDMI. Supposedly the HDMI port is used for playfield mini screens on Star Wars & Batman but I can't confirm that.

#5 2 years ago

"Based on the manual, it looks like SPIKE 2 already uses HDMI between the CPU node and LCD. Assuming they're not using some absurd display mode while simultaneously failing to send an EDID from the LCD, odds are pretty good that any HDMI capture device with pass-through could be used on existing games.

edit: On second look, that appears to be for the mini-lcd using HDMI (Looking at the Star Wars manual), with the LCD using a 34-pin cable." From Jared B on Tilt

"I was bummed when I found out Stern went the LVDS route instead of HDMI. Assumed we'd have an easy hookup for all lcd games. I've been on the lookout for LVDS->HDMI devices ever since but they don't exist. LVDS->DVI exists, which may be converted to HDMI or may not. Don't have a new Stern to test with." From Karl Deangelo on Tilt

So far it seems like a no go to share or out put the main display on the new Stern LCD's with out finding adapters and such.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside