Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3958.jpg

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

Expobrawl 2015 is happening soon!

It will be a doubles pingolf style tournament like it was last year; very similar event/format to last year. We are looking to start around 7:30 and finish up around 12:30. This allows Mike Pacak to open the hall a little bit earlier and gives people an opportunity to visit Pinball Life!
    Registration is open - email us at [email protected] or PM member "crwGXP" here. $30 via PayPal to [email protected] reserves your spot!

Thanks,
    Collin

(Some info copy-pasted from Chris, see post #4)

#2 8 years ago

If these details are correct (aka the same as last year) then count me in for at least one team.

If you can keep the details updated here with links for entry etc, that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

rd

#3 8 years ago

Will do! Life is pretty busy for me right now, but Chris and the other people involved have way more on their plates than I do, so I'll definitely update things as best I can. This is my first year helping out with Expobrawl, so hopefully people will be understanding of the fact that I'm not THE most knowledgeable about how the tournament goes.

You are correct that it will be basically the same as last year. We may try to be done slightly early than last year, and will probably do that mainly by adjusting target scores.

#4 8 years ago

Hi all,

Sorry for being behind on this. Life has been getting in the way lately.

As Collin mentioned it's a very similar event/format to last year. We are looking to start around 7:30 and finish up around 12:30. This allows Mike Pacak to open the hall a little bit earlier and gives people an opportunity to visit Pinball Life!

Registration is open - email us at [email protected] or PM me here. $30 via PayPal to [email protected] reserves your spot.

Thanks!
    Chris

#5 8 years ago

Email sent! Team Kiwi #1 is entered!!

rd

#6 8 years ago

First time in the ring for ExpoBrawl! Registration and payment submitted.

Is the game selection (and courses) based on games available in the free play Exhibition Hall, or is there a separate area for ExpoBrawl?

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from supercombo:

Is the game selection (and courses) based on games available in the free play Exhibition Hall, or is there a separate area for ExpoBrawl?

Based on whatever shows up in the freeplay area.

#8 8 years ago

Is it $30 a team or a player?

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Is it $30 a team or a player?

per team from what i remember

That is what I was told to pay and I registered the entire team.

#10 8 years ago

Did anyone else have an issue with the PayPal email address? When I tried to see payment it says it does not recognize the email account

#11 8 years ago

Serious question: do any of you enjoy playing pinball at 7:30 am? I'm not asking if you can tolerate it. I mean, do you enjoy waking up before 7:00 to play pinball? Since I'm local-ish and not at the hotel, I'd have to get up around 6:00. There's no way I could play well on that schedule, even if I wanted to wake up at dawn for "fun." A large part of Expo's appeal to me (and seemingly lots of people) is the late night aspect, which unfortunately is incompatible with Expobrawl.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just wondering if I'm the only vampire. If someone ever runs an evening or late night tourney, sign me up.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Serious question: do any of you enjoy playing pinball at 7:30 am?

I do. It is acyually my preferred time. I am typically up by 6am at latest (not some hippy slacker despite the belief of some) and think the perfect time to play is early in the morning to get the juices flowing.

It does make for a long day, but 7:30 is just fine with me. I will be dragging a bit from being up the night before but expo only happens once a year so I will not have much sleep in general.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Serious question: do any of you enjoy playing pinball at 7:30 am? I'm not asking if you can tolerate it. I mean, do you enjoy waking up before 7:00 to play pinball? Since I'm local-ish and not at the hotel, I'd have to get up around 6:00. There's no way I could play well on that schedule, even if I wanted to wake up at dawn for "fun." A large part of Expo's appeal to me (and seemingly lots of people) is the late night aspect, which unfortunately is incompatible with Expobrawl.
    Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just wondering if I'm the only vampire. If someone ever runs an evening or late night tourney, sign me up.

Normally I'm fine. If I have been up since 2-3am.....No!

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

do any of you enjoy playing pinball at 7:30 am?

Waiiiiiit... 7:30AM, not 7:30PM - 12:30AM?

#15 8 years ago

Yancy,
    pingolf for vampires. sounds fun.

Start with the front nine.

sign me up.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from supercombo:

Waiiiiiit... 7:30AM, not 7:30PM - 12:30AM?

7:30AM

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from nutshell79:

Did anyone else have an issue with the PayPal email address? When I tried to see payment it says it does not recognize the email account

Address is fixed now. I apologize for that.

Quoted from Whysnow:

per team from what i remember
    That is what I was told to pay and I registered the entire team.

Correct. $30 per team. We dropped the prices significantly last year as we no longer have the expense of lunch or t-shirts.

#18 8 years ago

I believe I'm caught up on all registrations. Hoping to get the web site updated soon but everyone registered should have an email from me. Keep those registrations coming!

#19 8 years ago

I paypaled. Was i supposed to get a follow up email?

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I paypaled. Was i supposed to get a follow up email?

You should have one. Hit me up if it doesn't come through.

Thanks
    Chris

#21 8 years ago

You might want to have the website updated, it's all up the whack.
    http://www.slam-tilt.com/expo/

Rd

http://www.pinballexpo.net/expobrawl.php

rd

Edit: although the expo main page now links to this correct page, so that's good! . But if you google expo brawl the other one comes up.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from scott_freeman:

Yancy,
    pingolf for vampires. sounds fun.
    Start with the front nine.
    sign me up.

who are you kidding freeman? your wife puts you to bed by 8:30

seriously though, if I'm not helping trent out during this time period, I'll happily sign up if I can convince someone to partner up with me.

pinsane:
    are you up for free drinks? the trade-off is having to suffer with my horrible pinball skills

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

You might want to have the website updated, it's all up the whack.
    Rd
    http://www.pinballexpo.net/expobrawl.php
    rd
    Edit: although the expo main page now links to this correct page, so that's good! . But if you google expo brawl the other one comes up.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from CRWgxp:

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Thanks for helping with the event.

rd

#25 8 years ago

If anyone is an individual looking for a partner please let us know and we will help find someone.

Thanks
    Chris

#26 8 years ago

how many people/teams are playing this year?

#27 8 years ago

yea, getting up early as shit, sucks. By the time i'm fully awake, we are on lunch break.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

how many people/teams are playing this year?

I want to say we're going with the same number as last year.

#29 8 years ago

We are in the 20's right now. But will likely cut off around 40. Depending on numbers we may alter to two divisions in place of three.

Thanks
    Chris

#30 8 years ago

Thanks for organising.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Thanks for helping with the event.
    rd

Quoted from pauloz:

Thanks for organising.

Kiwis are so polite.

rd

#32 8 years ago

Website has been updated!

#33 8 years ago

Nice!

Bump for a fun event

#34 8 years ago

Bringing a game that you want used in ExpoBrawl? Please contact us.

As in years past we are planning an award for the best game of the tournament!

Thanks
    Chris

#35 8 years ago

anyone up for this and need a partner?

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'll let Chris know we need a partner for you!

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'll see who/what I can come up with.

Thanks
    Chris

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from CRWgxp:

Bringing a game that you want used in ExpoBrawl? Please contact us.
    As in years past we are planning an award for the best game of the tournament!
    Thanks
    Chris

Here's a picture of the awards for the top two games from last year.

IMG_3958.JPGIMG_3958.JPG

#39 8 years ago

PinballSTAR Amusements will be one of our sponsors this year. Please check them out - http://www.pinballstar.com

Thanks
    Chris

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from CRWgxp:

I'll see who/what I can come up with.
    Thanks
    Chris

our new team name is "The Luckness Monsters" which is a big improvement over team 3, lol.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I'm with you, Yancy. I play in the Brawl every year, but I absolutely HATE that it starts so early. I am not a morning person by any means. It's still damn fun, though. Wouldn't miss it.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

our new team name is "The Luckness Monsters" which is a big improvement over team 3, lol.

Thanks. I'll get this adjusted.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I'm with you, Yancy. I play in the Brawl every year, but I absolutely HATE that it starts so early. I am not a morning person by any means. It's still damn fun, though. Wouldn't miss it.

Thanks for the kind words.

My personal opinion - there's advantages and disadvantages to having an early start. We want to make it long enough that people get a good amount of play and value for their money but also have a relatively small window of having the hall closed for the Brawl. Personally, I try to cram as much into Expo weekend as I can and catch up on sleep once I'm back home. I can approach Mike about a different time window for the future but no guarantee.

#44 8 years ago

still looking for a partner for brawl

pluses:
    - I tend to bathe regularly
    - unlike mike schudel, I'm not a flipper monkey
    - I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and doggone it, people like me (at least some claim to)
    - I personally know kevin kulek (on second thought, maybe this is in the wrong column)

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from CRWgxp:

I can approach Mike about a different time window

I like it just how it is. If you go longer or start later then I would have to choose between brawl and explosion... in that matchup I wont be brawling.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

pluses:
    - I tend to bathe regularly
    - I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and doggone it, people like me (at least some claim to)
    - I personally know kevin kulek (on second thought, maybe this is in the wrong column)

Try to pm JediTurtle. He may not but worth a try.
    He is a good player and a great guy.

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I honestly don't know that I can cope with playing pinball at 7:30am, especially since I'm going to still be on west coast time.

I get that they're trying to finish up before Pinball Life, which I will be going to, but ugh. That's just too damn early for pinball.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

Ha! We'll see about that.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I honestly don't know that I can cope with playing pinball at 7:30am, especially since I'm going to still be on west coast time.
    I get that they're trying to finish up before Pinball Life, which I will be going to, but ugh. That's just too damn early for pinball.

It also to open the game hall for everyone for the afternoon.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

it's not too bad. I usually don't even know i'm playing pinball until about 11am. Then I look around like, "how the F did I get here"?

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expobrawl-2015-info and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.