Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by GUMBO
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg
    100_3962.JPG
    100_3974.JPG
    000_0023.JPG
    000_0022.JPG
    000_0021.JPG
    000_0020.JPG
    000_0019.JPG
    yjyde5y8.jpg
    Twin_Peaks.jpg
    408056_10150546027479244_888262419_n.jpg
    There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

OK, so I got an odd screen and hit refresh a couple of times....and then again this morning.
    F'ing computers.

Yes Bryan, it's the computer's fault. Uh huh...

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#102 10 years ago

You're an asshole, Rob, and now you owe me a beer.

Quoted from Borygard:

Yes Bryan, it's the computer's fault. Uh huh...
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

Superdawg is great and this pizza joint was very good near expo also ...

How did you manage to find Joe's? That's a local gem that most people don't even know exists.

#104 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The BEAR chickened out.
    LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Oh I am so glad I didn't post my first thought.

I thought the bear stole the pinball parts?

#105 10 years ago

went two times from argentina..2009 and 2012..great show great people ,stern factory tour,and the great names of pinball in one place.for me was the perfect show.wrote in the biggest newspaper from argentina an article...(spanish..) enjoy.
    http://edant.revistaenie.clarin.com/notas/2010/02/10/_-02137464.htm

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Silly question I suppose.
    Last year I went to the York show. Fun, but small and really not worth another 5 hour drive each way this year. So just wondering about Expo. What's it like? Looks like more than a bunch of free play machines and a flea market!

It is a must to attend this show. The longest running of its kind.....

#107 10 years ago

I've been invited to attend, so this will be my first time going.

#108 10 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

I've been invited to attend, so this will be my first time going.

Expo Virgin !

Disclaimer : Get ready the goat ride and blood initiation.

#109 10 years ago

Expo is a blast. I've attended for the last 8 years and it's always a good time. Like others have said, there's a lot to do and see, so playing pins isn't always high on the list. Meeting up with old friends and meeting new people is a big part of Expo for most. Seeing the same faces every year, it's almost like a giant family reunion.

#110 10 years ago

@MGE, how has the attendance varied over the past eight years - are you seeing more folks there? or less? same?

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

@MGE, how has the attendance varied over the past eight years - are you seeing more folks there? or less? same?

It fluctuates from year to year. There have definitely been a few years where it felt more crowded than others, but I wouldn't call any one year from the next (that I've attended) a drastic change either way in the attendance numbers. Of course, during those 8 years Expo also went from being at the Wyndham O'Hare, to the Westin, so the different venues make it sort of hard to gauge things, too.

#112 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Disclaimer : Get ready the goat ride and blood initiation.

That translates to 10K pinside karma added, no?

#113 10 years ago

Great show. I think I have been to the last 22 or 23. Attendance seems like about the same with maybe more the last 2 years. First time this year at MGC and the free play area is about the same size but is not packed ass to ass like MGC free play area is.

#114 10 years ago

If Lloyd is stockpiling "parts" perhaps I can find a few old "drop targets" for the LTG show afterparty......

#115 10 years ago

Absolutely Expo is worth attending! There is so much to do even if you don't want to spend the entire time doing pinball activities.

In fact my husband Pete used to go with his friends to the Chicago expo for several years in a row. One year one of his friends cancelled and Pete asked me to go. I went and I had a blast. I didn't spend the entire time at the expo though. I ended up doing a little shopping and visiting the field museum as well. I didn't know very many people at the time, but everyone was very nice and I got to know a few new faces and had fun playing pinball.

Over the next couple of years I attended other shows and started to get to know people. When I went back to Chicago expo a couple of years later (When they moved the show to the Westin) I never left the hall because I had so many friends that I liked to hang out with.

The Westin is a great hotel. It's very clean and great place to host the pinball expo because it has so much room, it's in a great location and it's easy to find. The service there is excellent too. There's also a lot of great restaurants and shopping places nearby as well.

Now, Pete and I make Chicago expo a yearly trip. We always look forward to getting together and hanging out with all of our friends. We spend the whole time at the hotel taking in all the pinball activities never feeling the need to go anywhere else. We always have an awesome time!

The only place I make sure Pete takes me to in the Cheese Cake Factory Restaurant because we don't have one of these where we live. Sometimes we even end up visiting the restaurant more than once.

#116 10 years ago

There was a split second I thought this "Twin Peaks" restaurant was some sort of licensed theme restaurant from the TV miniseries. Like they have a pie you can order a cherry pie special, Laura Palmer burger or something.

#117 10 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

There was a split second I thought this "Twin Peaks" restaurant was some sort of licensed theme restaurant from the TV miniseries. Like they have a pie you can order a cherry pie special, Laura Palmer burger or something.

http://www.twinpeaksrestaurant.com/

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

That would have been way cooler than what it actually is.

#119 10 years ago

So it's a bunch of scantily clad women. So the theme of the place is when a thread on here goes sour. Hope the food's better than Hooters!

#120 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Are there Pinside Stickers? or Maybe I should order up some Lanyards

Last year, Mike had Pinside stickers at his booth. I hope someone has them this year, too!

#121 10 years ago

Wasn't there talk of name badges or something last year? What ever happened to that?

#122 10 years ago

Name badges don't always work well

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#123 10 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

Wasn't there talk of name badges or something last year? What ever happened to that?

We don't need no steenking badges (lanyards are OK though).

#124 10 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

IIRC, Laseriffic was thinking about making something last year. I don't remember why the idea got nixed.

#125 10 years ago

I strive every year to as something new to EXPO.. will have a few surprises this year.. I will have game hall open during banquet... I am working still to get more space and more games... please cmment if you have any suggestions for changes.. I will adress them.. Not saying I will do it but will address... mike pacak

#126 10 years ago

Looking forward to the show ,Mike

#127 10 years ago

I've probably got a couple items I can donate to the LTG show.

#128 10 years ago

I'm thinking of going . it would have to be an overnighter. if you were only going for a day what would be the best day to go?
    and is the stern tour only one day?

#129 10 years ago
    Quoted from tonycip:

and is the stern tour only one day?

Stern tour is Thursday morning.

Disclaimer : Loads of fun. Bus ride there and back is great too.

#130 10 years ago

do they allow "parts" on the bus?

#131 10 years ago

I have gone a few years and last year I brought some machines. It was a blast. I plan to bring a few this year too. Also will at some point during the event make a "slider" run.

#132 10 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I am working still to get more space and more games...

This would be awesome. More games to play is always a good thing.

#133 10 years ago

no parts on bus sorry

#134 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Stern tour is Thursday morning.
    Disclaimer : Loads of fun. Bus ride there and back is great too.

Not when your sitting next to a guy with putrid breath and BO that would gag a maggot..

I had to breath through my shirt there and back..luck of the draw I got saddled to close to him on the way back as well....

blah !

#135 10 years ago

Sorry about that Gerry, I get a little stinky.

#136 10 years ago
    Quoted from MXV:

I really just go every year for the hookers and the free candy.

great I will surely bring the kids this year! Jpop

#137 10 years ago

aren't your kids a bit young for hookers?

#138 10 years ago

Expo was cool last year. Although, I would try and go earlier in the festivities to really play as many machines as possible since most of them are sold/broke/turned off by weeks end.

#139 10 years ago

I'm planning on attending but I'm a little scared that Bryan Kelly might try to kma for speaking about Wayne and his MM rebuild project more than one time in calendar 2013. We had agreed I would only bring it up once a year thru 2020 or until the game ships, which will never come first.

I plan on being there for sure, missing last year was a huge mistake. And I agree with Lloyd on Rick Swanson being a highlight of the show.

For any of the newbies going feel free to talk to me, I won't bite. But we will need to repeat this a couple of times as I'm bad on remembering names, NutraSweet has fried my brain cells. I should be easy to spot at this pinball related show, I'm the fat white guy wearing a pinball related t-shirt...

#140 10 years ago

Ok, to recap, Lloyd needs "parts", and there are no "parts" allowed on the bus ride to the Stern factory tour, bring a scba just in case you get a bad seat on the bus, there will be hookers and candy at the expo, Jpop is binging his kids, Mikepin is digging up more space and games, Twin Peaks has ,well twin peaks, and as I recall, the lame ass hotel bar closes WAY too early. Did I miss anything so far?

#141 10 years ago

Twin peaks girls will b at EXPO and LTG show for sure

1 week later
    #142 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Ok, to recap, Lloyd needs "parts", and there are no "parts" allowed on the bus ride to the Stern factory tour, bring a scba just in case you get a bad seat on the bus, there will be hookers and candy at the expo, Jpop is binging his kids, Mikepin is digging up more space and games, Twin Peaks has ,well twin peaks, and as I recall, the lame ass hotel bar closes WAY too early. Did I miss anything so far?

Ditto on the bar closing too early...

Rocky Vanders is a short cab ride away though, and they are open late .. and hookers are on the prowl there too

#143 10 years ago

$$$$$$$$$$
    If anyone from the Northeast is driving back from Expo I've got a pin that I need delivered closer to me here in CT. PM me and lets work out a deal

I'd like to check this show out for sure but won't know until much closer if I can get out there. Allentown Pinfest this year was my first show and it was a great time.

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-worth-attending/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.