(Topic ID: 139702)

Expo: Who's gonna be drunk and/or in the freeplay area all weekend?

By Collin

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1537405226561428205708 (resized).jpg
    1537232279151679775765 (resized).jpg
    myag4 (resized).png
    20171010_221923 (resized).jpg
    20161011_214620 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2084 (resized).JPG
    tmg-article_tall_(resized).jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    edited_FB_IMG_1444870359402.jpg
    XMen_Pliney.jpg
    aviary_1444936227633.jpg
    IMAG1276.jpg
    IMAG1277.jpg
    IMAG1278.jpg
    IMAG1279.jpg
    There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 8 years ago

Title says it all.

After hosting ExpoBrawl (shameless plug: SIGN UP FOR EXPOBRAWL TODAY!) this is a big part of my plan.

#2 8 years ago

Im already drunk and will be so till halloween.

Come to Explosion! The wife and I are running the bar in the VIP room, we can get you super drunk. Make sure you have a ride.

#4 8 years ago

alcohol! we need to get a bottle share going.

crossposting this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-beer-for-burbon-trade

#5 8 years ago

Aha !
    Trick question !

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Aha !
    Trick question !

I promised to not be drunk while driving Gryszzz's car. Other than that I make no promises.

#7 8 years ago

Hey brother...I'm gonna grab some E-40 off of iTunes. Which one should I start with ? I was digging that "Yup" track....but want to hear from a fan.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Come to Explosion! The wife and I are running the bar in the VIP room, we can get you super drunk. Make sure you have a ride

That sounds super dangerous. Do dodgy foreign guys get a VIP pass?

rd

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey brother...I'm gonna grab some E-40 off of iTunes. Which one should I start with ? I was digging that "Yup" track....but want to hear from a fan.

I would go with "you and that booty"

Flank, make me a double...

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Do dodgy foreign guys get a VIP pass?

As far as I know, game bringers get up to 4 vip passes so ask around!

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

That's my folks there!

So when it comes to E-40 you can't really lose, he's been super consistent throughout the years, but I prefer his older material for sure.

I just checked iTunes, I have 447 E-40 tracks.

One place you could start is with the mix from Oakland DJ Matthew Africa (RIP): https://adp.fm/episodes/yay-game-the-best-of-e-40-mixed-by-matthew-africa/

It's a pretty good overview of his career, he really tried to pick songs from his whole catalog at the time. See which tracks are your favorites, and then grab the album they came off of.

The classics for me are the first ones though, Federal, In a Major Way, Hall of Game, Element of Surprise, and Charlie Hustle. After that they're still good and solid, but not quite as deep. Of his "modern" releases I'd probably grab the Revenue Retrievin' Overtime/Graveyard shift.

To keep this on topic, E-40 has his own wine label, so you could get faded off those for Expo if you wanted: http://earlstevensselections.com

Even modern E-40 though, never lost his game. Who's a better story teller?

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Come to Explosion! The wife and I are running the bar in the VIP room, we can get you super drunk. Make sure you have a ride.

I've got a VIP connect. Wait, shit, why did I agree to be the designated driver again? Oh right, the car's DJ knows how to keep me happy.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I've got a VIP connect. Wait, shit, why did I agree to be the designated driver again? Oh right, the car's DJ knows how to keep me happy.

I thought you were going to Uber cab it?

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I thought you were going to Uber cab it?

I was! But then I got an offer I couldn't turn down from my man Gryszzz. He knew my weak spots.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Im already drunk and will be so till halloween.

Niiice! I hope they let you get drunk as fuck while you're working that.

What's the story with the VIP room? Do people hosting tournaments get any passes?

#16 8 years ago

We've got time...we'll find a DD to get us back. Surely somebody doesn't like to drink and play pinball....

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

We've got time...we'll find a DD to get us back. Surely somebody doesn't like to drink and play pinball....

I'm good man, no worries.

#18 8 years ago

I still have 4 seats left...
    We came to party.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

Niiice! I hope they let you get drunk as fuck while you're working that.

Ha! No, I won't be drinking while working. I heard there was an incident years ago.....

Quoted from Collin:

What's the story with the VIP room? Do people hosting tournaments get any passes?

No idea other than game bringers get passes, a better Q to ask in the Explosion thread.

#21 8 years ago

I guess Tecumseh is already drunk ...

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I guess Tecumseh is already drunk ...

Chicken dinner!! (stole that from bangerjay)

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I still have 4 seats left...
    We came to party.

4 seats for krazy kiwis and nimblepins?

rd

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

4 seats for krazy kiwis and nimblepins?
    rd

Now that's a party! Except I'm gonna make Nimblepin drive and hit the VIP room.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Don't forget to bring that custom Roadcase speaker panel art

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Poor nimblenuts!!

rd

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

That sounds super dangerous. Do dodgy foreign guys get a VIP pass?
    rd

Bring a game NZ isn't that far .

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Poor nimblenuts!!
    rd

Is Joy coming? I forgot to ask him when he was here the other night.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Is Joy coming? I forgot to ask him when he was here the other night.

Yep. She has to keep RotorFiona company.

rd

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

ven modern E-40 though, never lost his game. Who's a better story teller?

Slick Rick the art of storytelling comes to mind.
    Slick Rick aka the story teller.

#33 8 years ago

Well it's settled. Satan is driving.
    Who else would be ?

#34 8 years ago

I will be drunk all weekend because my English is much better when i am drunken.

#35 8 years ago

RD, party of four ?
    Right this way...

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

RD, party of four ?
    Right this way...

Sweet!! I have the RD party of 10 but have a few offers of rides ... We will happily take 4 seats in the Grizzmobile

Still sorting out what is happening with Expo Pingolf Friday morning, looks like that finishes 12-12.30ish so we will be sweet to party after that, if that suits.

rd

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Sweet!! I have the RD party of 10 but have a few offers of rides ... We will happily take 4 seats in the Grizzmobile
    Still sorting out what is happening with Expo Pingolf Friday morning, looks like that finishes 12-12.30ish so we will be sweet to party after that, if that suits.
    rd

Yeah, I'm meeting with the Expobrawl guys this Saturday to sort details out. Will let you know after that!

#38 8 years ago

E-40 and Junior Brown go together in perfect harmony...

#39 8 years ago

I'm sure the gf and I will be there sipping and flipping

#40 8 years ago

Damn. I wish I could say I was gonna be there but stupid work is in the way. Maybe next year.

#41 8 years ago

Here in PR I have the alcohol...just need the Pinball Expo!

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Damn. I wish I could say I was gonna be there but stupid work is in the way. Maybe next year.

Same. This thread makes me want to go more than anything. Just not in the cards this year, dammit.

Quoted from Aurich:

So when it comes to E-40 you can't really lose, he's been super consistent throughout the years, but I prefer his older material for sure.

I've never heard of E-40 either, but I have now.

#43 8 years ago

I will be drinking in the free play area all night long. all the games to play and no lines. Suckers! I always bring a cooler and put it behind my machine

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

Yeah, I'm meeting with the Expobrawl guys this Saturday to sort details out. Will let you know after that!

Please keep us posted. I would like to play in team pingolf on Friday morning and be done by 12:30 or 1:00pm at the absolute latest.

I think a good chunk of players feel the same as we would all like to get plenty of time in at explosion also.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Please keep us posted. I would like to play in team pingolf on Friday morning and be done by 12:30 or 1:00pm at the absolute latest.
    I think a good chunk of players feel the same as we would all like to get plenty of time in at explosion also.

Same. I'd like to try, but I don't want to miss pinball life explosion.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I'm 98% sure that's the plan. Will have some more details tonight.

#47 8 years ago

I am a pinball expo virgin and have no idea what to expect but I am really stoked for it. Do we need to prerigister for the pingolf tourney Friday? How does it work?

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

I am a pinball expo virgin and have no idea what to expect but I am really stoked for it. Do we need to prerigister for the pingolf tourney Friday? How does it work?

Yes. You need to pre-register. Follow this thread for more information ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expobrawl-2015-info

#49 8 years ago

I ain't drunk....
    I'm just drinkin.....

#50 8 years ago

I love to get drunk. I love the free play area.
    I'm drinking that I should look into this whole Expo thing.

There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-whos-gonna-be-drunk-andor-in-the-freeplay-area-all-weekend and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.