Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mnpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20141018_180312.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Big thanks to the Chicago Pinball Mafia for their assistance throughout Expo. I was one of the people that brought games to Expo. CPM made it much easier to setup everything on Wednesday. There were red shirt Expo helpers everywhere. I recall Jeff Barney picking a lock for me as well as putting legs on quite a few games--he was assisted by a quiet gentleman with dark hair and I can't think of his name at the moment, Vince "the Korn" was seemingly everywhere--Tuesday he was helping Rob Anthony unload his stuff in the pouring rain, he moved or had a hand in moving, I believe this count is correct--79 games, plus two of his own, and he looked completely exhausted when I left today. Andrew Barney did an excellent job keeping things organized. I saw Rob, Yancy, Mike, and Craig helping out. Simply put, the Expo free play room would not have been a success without these guys and others-the Chicago Pinball Mafia-going out of their way to make it happen. Setting up, moving, breaking down, moving back John's EMs probably took well over 100 man hours and it doesn't happen without the CPM.

Thanks to Rob Anthony for a lock and couple of flipper coil stops without which a couple of games would have had problems. Todd Seaver for helping out on Wednesday. Thanks to all the people that let me know when a ball was stuck or something needed attention on one of my games, as well as those people that turned off a game that had a ball stuck.

Top Score Gamerooms--Troy, Scott and Brian--these guys were always around when I needed help. From setting up games to updating code to helping with a problem, thanks guys! Thanks to Brett at Xpin for those great displays.

Big thanks to Chuck Sanderson, Chris Hibler and Tim Zollner for their help breaking down and moving all the games earlier today and everything else. Up and helping break down games at 7am on Expo Sunday is a true sign of friendship

Thanks to John Pedersen for the use of his wonderful collection of EMs. Bill Stahly for his Quicksilver, Mike Schudel for his Cyclopes, Phoebe and Larry for all their games, especially Star Light. Mark Salas for his beautiful Harlem Globetrotters. Mark Combs for trucking, I think, 12 games to Expo. Last but not least, Mike Pacak for his help, too.

#2 9 years ago

Ha, happy to help, Brian! I stopped counting Wednesday after I put 36 games (including my two) on legs.

Unfortunately one of my games was just being a royal twatrocket at the show. I decided that for the section of the show where I wasn't moving games I didn't want to have my head constantly buried in it fixing it, so I just downed the machine entirely. F14 ran the whole time like a champ, so I didn't feel so bad.

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

Thanks to John Pedersen for the use of his wonderful collection of EMs. Bill Stahly for his Quicksilver, Mike Schudel for his Cyclopes, Phoebe and Larry for all their games, especially Star Light. Mark Salas for his beautiful Harlem Globetrotters. Mark Combs for trucking, I think, 12 games to Expo. Last but not least, Mike Pacak for his help, too.

Agreed. Its always a treat to be able to play Really nice conditioned classics.

Also thanks you to Brian for bringing a killer lineup of classics in amazing condition. Its those games in that condition to play that make it worth while to come to expo.

I also would like to add I want your damned Galaxy, and Viking.

#4 9 years ago

The free play area was the best I've seen in many years.
    I personally LOVED the addition of John's EM games.
    Together with all the other dedicated and kind pinball hobbyists...you were all very generous sharing your games. Many thanks for that!
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#5 9 years ago

+1 on those EM's! For anyone that didn't get a chance to play this beautiful pin it played as fast as any SS or DMD in the room!

IMG_20141018_180312.jpgIMG_20141018_180312.jpg
    #6 9 years ago

This was my first Expo (second only pin convention) and I sure appreciate ALL the work that went into providing a GREAT selection of games to play. My son (15 y.o.) and I got to play many games for the first time. One of the games we both really liked (1st time for us) was the F14. I have the backglass as illuminated art in my basement because it looks so cool. We both thought it was a very fun game. Thanks!!

#7 9 years ago

Brian you had some really nice games that I enjoyed playing.

I'd like to say thank you to EVERYONE who brought games this year and helped people set up their games. Of all the Expos I've been to this was easily the best one in terms of how many games were available to play! I wish I had more time to enjoy them but I wasn't able to go on Saturday this year due to a prior commitment.

#8 9 years ago

Thanks to you Brian for bringing all those games. You are definitely one of the good guys in this hobby. Always good to see you each year! I'll see you next year.

Kitch

#9 9 years ago

The EM section was my highlight. They are about the only PINs in my price range, and after playing such a variety I now know I won't be disappointed in picking one up!

#10 9 years ago

Brian. As usual you brought some spectacular games. A special thanks to Brian Dye and Fred Cochran for helping me move (we literally carried it) the Harlem from the tournament area to free play hall for Expobrawl. Thanks to Bruce Nightingale for use of the dolly to bring game back to tournament area. I had many people thank me for bringing the Harlem to the show. That makes me want to bring a game to future shows. The free play area was spectacular. Loved playing Mike Schudels Cyclopes. The quicksilver, bannons classics, and the 70's EM's were my favorite. I have not played a Bally Hi-Deal in decades.

I did hit the huge accident backup around Toledo on Sunday evening...ugh! Thanks for the picture Mr. Freeman

#11 9 years ago

A BIG thank you to you too Brian. Your games were definitely a highlight of the free play area. All games played true and were in outstanding shape. Thanks to everyone that brought games and also to anyone who helped move a game or turned a wrench.

#12 9 years ago

Definitely Thanks to Pinball Mafia and Andrew for taking the lead and getting the free play room done! It worked out to be well organized and set up. The Mafia also brought alot of nice games to share.
    Also thanks to John Pedersen for bringing part of his awesome collection of EMs. They were all in nice shape and played great. The Mafia crew did an awesome job getting them there, we actually helped John unload the last 20 heads out of his van Tuesday night in the rain. He was a really nice guy and is obviously pretty passionate about his games.
    Big thanks to everyone that brought games, I think it was the nicest selection of great playing games there since I have been going to Expo. Brian Bannon's games were awesome as usual. Mike and Sarah Schudel for bringing Cyclops and Star Gazer great games. The Louisville guys Matt, Jeremy, and Antz (I know there were others but I'm drawing a blank on names!) brought alot of nice games too, (12?) I know they have about the same trip as our Cincy crew (if not longer) big thanks to them for their effort as well. I know there were many others that brought games, I just can't think of off the top my head!! Big thanks to you all!
    Thanks for the compliments on my games, my husband and I had 13 there, but our Cincy pinball group had 22 games there, and all of our games wouldn't have made it without Mark and Rob for agreeing to pull the 2nd trailer and also bringing WH20, SS, and FH. Larry and Pat for the BBB, LOTR, and IM and storing games at their place till the 2nd trailer could be loaded. Matt for bringing his Centaur, and Scott for sending NGG with Charlie. Last but not least, Doug for SST and him and Casey for helping set up, tear down, load and unload all the games. We wouldn't be able to bring that many games without the help of the group everyone helps out with anything that is needed! (Thanks Ken for the signs!)
    Also big thanks to Mike, I know he takes alot of crap for the show...but he stepped up this year to make the 30th Expo free play and vendor room better and I think he did a great job!

Phoebe

#13 9 years ago

No shortage of games this year !! WOW. Thanks for all those who brought games.
    Brian's great lineup as usual. TheKorn, Andrew, Mike Schudel and family, Phoebe and everyone else who brought games and helped set up/tear down.

+1 on the Cannes EM, man that was fun and fast.
    I kept going back to the TMNT, whoever owned that it sure was nice to play a dialed in nice condition one. FUN. Lots of EM's you don't usually see.

J

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-thanks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.