(Topic ID: 66668)

Expo - Report from Borygard's booth, I think Korn was there too

By rommy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-228.jpg
    image-150.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-453.jpg
    image-561.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-184.jpg
    image-626.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-809.jpg
    There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

Got in yesterday. Met VInce and his wife. Saw Andrew, he helped. All three of them had dinner at Buca ? Boca? family style. We had Diavalo shrimp which kicked serious ass. There was a lot of stuff to move in for Rob! We got it all in and when I left Vince, Angela, and Rob they were happily assembling WPC battery replacement kits.

Trent stopped by as well. Met Phoebe and her crew. Expo has begun!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-188.jpgimage-188.jpg
    #2 10 years ago

Glad Rob was able to get some help... Unfortunately I won't be arriving until tomorrow morning...

Jaz

#3 10 years ago

Nice to meet you Rommy! We got here yesterday afternoon as well got to see Korn and She Korn and Borygard also, didn't get to see Taro he was napping in the car! Helped Trent set up some games and get them ready for tourney, Stern and Marco look like they are going to have a nice selection for their booth! (looks like there will be lots of ST and Met for folks to play) Went to the pool and hot tub to relax for a bit then me and the guys went to Twin Peaks for dinner they liked the scenery!
    Free play area set up is today, gonna get my games set up, ended up bringing Joust, Varkon, Star Light, Barracora, AFM, SM, and MET, (Checkpoint, and MM, belong to friends and are in a second trailer arriving later...) Others in our Cincy group and OPL are arriving later with more games so we will have a full day of setting up games!

See everyone at the Bumper Blast tonight!!

Phoebe

#4 10 years ago

wish I was there already!!!

thanks to everyone that makes this all happen!!!!!!

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Nice to meet you Rommy! We got here yesterday afternoon as well got to see Korn and She Korn and Borygard also, didn't get to see Taro he was napping in the car! Helped Trent set up some games and get them ready for tourney, Stern and Marco look like they are going to have a nice selection for their booth! (looks like there will be lots of ST and Met for folks to play) Went to the pool and hot tub to relax for a bit then me and the guys went to Twin Peaks for dinner they liked the scenery!
    Free play area set up is today, gonna get my games set up, ended up bringing Joust, Varkon, Star Light, Barracora, AFM, SM, and MET, (Checkpoint, and MM, belong to friends and are in a second trailer arriving later...) Others in our Cincy group and OPL are arriving later with more games so we will have a full day of setting up games!
    See everyone at the Bumper Blast tonight!!
    Phoebe

Holy crap Phoebe! That's quote a selection you brought along. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Jaz

#6 10 years ago

I'm so glad to see this made it, again. I kicked myself for not playing it last year. Thanks!

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm so glad to see this made it, again. I kicked myself for not playing it last year. Thanks!

challenge you to a few dollar games!!!

#8 10 years ago

Today so far...well, take a look!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-213.jpgimage-213.jpg
    #9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

challenge you to a few dollar games!!!

I'll take that bet.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Today so far...well, take a look!

What does Rob have in the box?

image.jpg 2 MB

image-213.jpg 2 MB

#11 10 years ago

I'll be in the area in 20 hours starting at JJP Chicago office, and later at EXPO !

Time of your life, don't miss it !

LTG : )

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I'll take that bet.

As will I!

Jaz

#13 10 years ago

done and done!

can hardly wait to see all the familiar faces and meet some new ones!!!!!!!

#14 10 years ago

Looking forward to the show. Will be headed up on Thurs. evening.

#15 10 years ago

Very excited for Expo...going to be a blast!

Pete

#16 10 years ago

Leaving for the airport shortly. Should be rolling in around 8pm. Can't wait!

#17 10 years ago

Getting in around 10pm - gonna try and catch the last 30 mins tonight before they close up at 11

#18 10 years ago

In the box are battery replacement kits, assemble by me and she-korn. Please blame her for any issues

#19 10 years ago

Um, those look like No-Pop kits to me. Rob does have a battery eliminator board, but unless they've gone through a heck of a redesign...

Jaz

#20 10 years ago

Now hotel bar

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #21 10 years ago

I'll go poke my head in and take some pics after a couple of beers.

#22 10 years ago

Set up!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-313.jpgimage-313.jpg
    #23 10 years ago

Anyone here tonight playing somewhere after 11? I may hit up Headquarters Barcade. Just landed in Chicago.

#24 10 years ago

Who wants to slam beers at the bar and arm wrestle fri night???

I know TheLaw is in!

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Who wants to slam beers at the bar and arm wrestle fri night???
    I know TheLaw is in!

Centerflank you been eating your Wheaties or somethin! Or are you all jacked up on Mt Dew?

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

Centerflank you been eating your Wheaties or somethin! Or are you all jacked up on Mt Dew?

Watch out. He might come at you like a spider monkey.

#27 10 years ago

Im only on my 2nd beer, come on you nancy's......Jetzxi and I will kick off the arm wrestling, you are going down Cupcake!!!!

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Im only on my 2nd beer, come on you nancy's......Jetzxi and I will kick off the arm wrestling, you are going down Cupcake!!!!

Unknown.jpeg 8 KB

Was this you getting beat in your early years?

overthetop77.jpgoverthetop77.jpg

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

Was this you getting beat in your early years?

overthetop77.jpg 31 KB

Nope, Never sported a mullet and you know I dont play EM's

#30 10 years ago

the fly .PNGthe fly .PNG
    #31 10 years ago

Hmmm....

image-373.jpgimage-373.jpg
    image-809.jpgimage-809.jpg

#32 10 years ago

ok, what was the point of that middle picture? that is totally useless. I'll be stopping by Rob today.

#33 10 years ago

I posted that just for you.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

ok, what was the point of that middle picture? that is totally useless.

Quoted from rommy:

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

If I didn't have my eyes fixed, that picture probably would have been clear as day without my glasses.

#36 10 years ago

Somehow, in the new IOS, when you go to upload a picture, it will not let you preview it like you used to.

#37 10 years ago

Hey! It let me delete the blurry photo. Cheers!

#38 10 years ago

aww, now nobody will have any idea what we were talking about.

#39 10 years ago

I will. I could repost it...but first look at these

image.jpgimage.jpg image-626.jpgimage-626.jpg image-184.jpgimage-184.jpg
    #40 10 years ago

More from factory

image.jpgimage.jpg image-453.jpgimage-453.jpg image-561.jpgimage-561.jpg
    #41 10 years ago

Lots of "The Pin" on the line.

#42 10 years ago

From the hall

image.jpgimage.jpg image-150.jpgimage-150.jpg image-228.jpgimage-228.jpg
    #43 10 years ago

I will post a bunch more once I get into the exhibit hall and free play area. I will especially post pics of the boutique games.

#44 10 years ago

I have a bunch more ST LE pics...think I should just dump em on this thread or do we have the gist? We got hustled out before I could get in and close up the playfield.

#45 10 years ago

Like literally Jody came over and told Mike to move us on out and get to the next group. I would say they let us have 60-120 seconds to look at it. The prior group, Group 1, was led by Steve Ritchie. I could not hear his comments, but it seemed he was telling people it was not ready. They got more time.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

I have a bunch more ST LE pics...think I should just dump em on this thread or do we have the gist?

Well, do they show us something not already seen? I guess that's the criterion. Thanks for posting these!

#47 10 years ago

It's too hard to tell . All from basically same angle which you see is where I was allowed. I could tell if I could figure out preview on iOs7 grrrr. I'll just post some more, if they are more of the same, we will prolly all live.

#48 10 years ago

Hah! I knew I got one with the ship firing

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #49 10 years ago

Now...what the hell are we supposed to do with this machine? Look at all that bling on the sides. If I slide it in between two other pins no one will ever see that coolness. So...are we supposed to put it on a pedestal in the living room or what?

#50 10 years ago

...and are you going to get mirror blades custom cut or cover the LEDs on the inside?

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-report-from-borygards-booth-i-think-korn-was-there-too and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.