Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by hool10
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1002.jpg
    IMG_1001.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Be gentle... did a search and cant find the exact answer as expo is mentioned in a couple hundred threads.

So I want to come to the expo on Saturday, Would like to show my son some of the games..... might like to see what people are selling, etc.

Costs? 25.00 pp covers what? game play area? ability to see whats for sale? again be gentle just asking....

Main reason is wife is having a fit that we have to pay 25.00 pp to go and I am fine with it but she doesn't get it. So I just want to clarify and then me and the boy can just come check it out if she doesn't want to spend the other 25.00......

Thanks everyone!

#2 8 years ago

A day pass covers the free play room, and the vendor area for the day. Here is the quote from the web site...not sure how old your boy is, but 10 and under are free,
    **Kids 10 and Under are FREE!**
    **One Day Pass for the GAME Hall and VENDOR Hall: $25.00.
    There are normally also some games in the hallway between vendor and free play room. Sat. is also the autograph session so if you or your son has something from a favorite machine or designer might want to bring it along.
    Should be a good time for you and your son!

Here's the link so you can check out the daily schedule...
    http://www.pinballexpo.net/

Phoebe

#3 8 years ago

$25 is a bargain if you plan to be there for more than an hour. If it wasn't clear, every game is on free play in the game hall. Vendor hall also has a good mix of games (all on free play), and lots of great pinball supplies to purchase. Stern will also likely be set up with Game of Thrones in the vendor hall (they were there with Walking Dead last year), along with JJP and The Hobbit, + other vendors with machines or custom games.

If the game lineup is anything like last year (which IMO was probably the best lineup in the last 5 years), $25 buys you a lot of fun!

#4 8 years ago

$25 is a lot of money. But when you figure what you are all getting :

Lots and lots of pinball machines - all on free play. Vendor area. People - new friends, old friends, famous people from the industry, famous people from the various internet forums. Mr.68 Streaking the vendor hall several times a day.

You'll find out soon enough the $25 is a bargain.

Time of your life. You and your son will have so much fun, you won't be able to wait until next year !

LTG : )

#5 8 years ago

Make sure you bring a Sharpe for all the famous people!

#6 8 years ago

It's a great time for the money. im to cheap to pay so that's why I bring a game

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Make sure you bring a Sharpe for all the famous people!

There's only only a few of them, we can't all bring one.

#8 8 years ago

A certain Sharpe is famous, in Pinball and gaming equipment circles anyway.

#9 8 years ago

I prefer the man boob signature...

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

I prefer the man boob signature...

I wish I could un-see that

#11 8 years ago

thanks everyone!!! sounds awesome....

#12 8 years ago

Just seeing Lloyd is worth $25!

#13 8 years ago

Art- I don't even know who Lloyd is yet......

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Homer714:

Art- I don't even know who Lloyd is yet......

Ooohhh. Expo virgin.

I remember the first time I met Lloyd. You are in for a real treat. If you are really lucky, maybe he'll mug you.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

If you are really lucky, maybe he'll mug you.

Extremely limited production.

IMG_1001.jpgIMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpgIMG_1002.jpg

#16 8 years ago

Geez. you think it is safe at expo then you get mugged.

#17 8 years ago

I don't think you go to the movies much do you?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-newbie-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.