(Topic ID: 106674)

Expo Good and Bad review.

By CaptainNeo

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CAM00373.jpg
    Starbucks.PNG
    20141019_110500.jpg
    20141016_173020.jpg
    20141016_172951.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockinganker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago

This was my first expo and I came away a little disappointed.

I am not a seminar kind of guy so my main attractions were the new games and free play areas. The vender area was great and I was able to play everything including The Hobbit. I'll leave my opinions to myself as to not upset people that have ordered these.

The free play area was large and I give people credit for bringing games. Big Bang Bar was super fun, clean and fast and I spent a lot of time on it. MM and WOZ were two games I was excited to play and I don't get why people are so high on MM, WOZ was slow and boring.

I had a blast playing games from different era's but I realized how particular I am about how well a game plays.

Super bands are not for me.

Color DMD looked good, this was my first time seeing these in person and I will personally not install one in any of my games.

PinballLife party was awesome, loved playing the white wood LOTR and CV.

Lastly, it was super cool to meet all the designers and pinball "celebrities". Gary Stern, Steve R and Dennis N were supper nice and willing to spend time talking to anyone. The Dutch Pinball guys were super cool.

Overall, I enjoyed the expo but this isn't something I would do every year.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from KC_Masterpiece:

If you didn't like it this year, there's no need to come back.

Not trying to insult people, just expressing an opinion.

Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Sorry you were disappointed...maybe you need a new hobby??

I'm not trying to upset people, as I said I am not a seminar guy so the free play/vender areas were what excited me. Most games were working and having issues is normal, that's not the games I am talking about. There were games that the flippers were so bad that they couldn't make it up ramps, or coils were so bad they could hardly eject a ball from a trough. Those types of issues were what bothered me.

People that brought games should be thanked a million times over, but when I pay to enter, I just bought a right to express an opinion.

Overall Expo was a great experience because I was able to play games like Predator and TBL. I enjoyed these games and was able to talk with other pinheads in the process.

In the end, I might not be a convention type of hobbyist...but now I know.

Again, thanks for the efforts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockinganker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-good-and-bad-review?tu=rockinganker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.