8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG1302.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Quick clip of the new lcd in the backbox. Looks cool.

#2 8 years ago

The big screen looks great. I hate to say it but it kinda makes the playfield lcd not necessary.

And that in turn was one of the things that separated Heighway from the other companies(and made them unique) in the first place.

I have mixed feelings about a big screen on the Full Throttle backbox.

Part of it might be that I have already bought a replica of the playfield lcd for my backbox but another part
of me thinks this looks really cool

I think I need some time to gather my thoughts before I come to a conclusion about this

#3 8 years ago

Wow that is pretty impressive! That screen is huge!

#4 8 years ago

Huge screen. No doubt about that

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

The big screen looks great. I hate to say it but it kinda makes the playfield lcd not necessary.
And that in turn was one of the things that separated Heighway from the other companies(and made them unique) in the first place.
I have mixed feelings about a big screen on the Full Throttle backbox.
Part of it might be that I have already bought a replica of the playfield lcd for my backbox but another part
of me thinks this looks really cool
I think I need some time to gather my thoughts before I come to a conclusion about this

The game is so fast. Your not even looking up. Your forced to look down. I won the full throttle tournament

IMAG1302.jpgIMAG1302.jpg

#6 8 years ago

Side-by-side comparison right there, looks much better with the screen. Surely this and the Hobbit must spell the end of the DMD.

#7 8 years ago

Looks like a neat pin, but that screen might be distracting.

#8 8 years ago

Is there any playfield glass reflection of that big screen?

#9 8 years ago

The beauty of the system....it's all optional. If a giant LCD is your jam, then go for it! If not, then you can have a smaller display in the back or none at all. Seems like a lot of possibility moving forward too if they end up with separate content on both displays. I wonder if you can swap between standard translite and LCD easily.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

The beauty of the system....it's all optional. If a giant LCD is your jam, then go for it! If not, then you can have a smaller display in the back or none at all. Seems like a lot of possibility moving forward too if they end up with separate content on both displays. I wonder if you can swap between standard translite and LCD easily.

I must say I am a bit suprised with the big LCD screen. Have not see that coming. I have room for only one pin, so an upgrade will have impact on all your current games.

For me the big screen should not be an alternative for the playfield screen but an extension of it.

It sure has a lot of potentiaal but also rises a lot of questions. But I am sure Heighway will address this topic as soon as they can so we all know what to expect.

Andrew..........

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-full-throttle-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.