(Topic ID: 106810)

EXPO - DP's TBL party (the usual suspects)

By j_m_

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DP party.JPG
#1 9 years ago

here's a photo of some of the pinsiders from Dutch Pinball's - The Big Lebowski VIP party

DP party.JPGDP party.JPG
from left to right:
Phil from Dutch Pinball (Phil-DP-USA), aurich, fattrain, rarehero, pinsane, ??

ps
this was taken at 4:30am which is why it doesn't look like there's anyone else there (mainly because the party was over long ago and someone forgot to kick us out

I took the photo so I'm not in it (which is probably a good thing

#2 9 years ago

That's Phil from Dutch Pinball on the left (Phil-DP-USA), and Rarehero between fattrain and pinsane.

#3 9 years ago

Cool to put some faces with names. Thanks.

#4 9 years ago

I was by there on Sat and have to say there were quite a few people there. I never got a chance to play the game, but I really think it looks great. Brought a few friends and girlfriend who aren't pinball people and they even took pictures with it. Its nice to see fans of the movie so interested in pinball when they never were before.

#5 9 years ago

Had an absolute blast with wonderful people! Love this pic! The grin on Pinsane says it all

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Had an absolute blast with wonderful people! Love this pic! The grin on Pinsane says it all

I don't think that I can recall a single second of EXPO where pinsane wasn't grinning like that. I can't decide if he was suffering from 'kid in a candy store' syndrome or slowly turning into the joker

ps
I had an awesome time with you guys in the [private] room, even if I was relegated as the "heavy" and turning people away who tried to enter the room

and the secret knock is...

#7 9 years ago

I was there on Friday, and it was a blast! I think it was a classy move to have a party for all the Achievers who have put their trust and $$ in DP. I have no doubts they are going to deliver on every single promise they make. Hell, they even delivered on several they never made.

All I can say is that DP knows how to set the bar high and hit a mark even higher.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I don't think that I can recall a single second of EXPO where pinsane wasn't grinning like that. I can't decide if he was suffering from 'kid in a candy store' syndrome or slowly turning into the joker

He's ALWAYS smiling like that, mostly because he's such a good guy and is just enjoying things so much all the time.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9 9 years ago

Rarehero ,you look like the cat that ate the canary.

I was busy

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

I was there on Friday, and it was a blast! I think it was a classy move to have a party for all the Achievers who have put their trust and $$ in DP. I have no doubts they are going to deliver on every single promise they make. Hell, they even delivered on several they never made.
All I can say is that DP knows how to set the bar high and hit a mark even higher.

It wasn't for all the people who put faith and $$$ in DP.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

It wasn't for all the people who put faith and $$$ in DP.

It was a lebowski party not a bop party. If they had a bop party I wouldn't expect an invitation.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

It was a lebowski party not a bop party. If they had a bop party I wouldn't expect an invitation.

I didn't say I wanted an invite. I just said it wasn't for "everyone who put faith and $$$ in DP" as had been stated.

#13 9 years ago

The BOP 2.0 story will probably never become public, how business goes sometimes, but everyone who's in on that has nothing to worry about, you'll have it soon, and the delay is truly not connected to the competence of the team behind it.

At least 4 of us in that photo are in on TBL, we're putting our money where our mouths are, and it's because we have real faith in what Dutch Pinball is doing.

I had a 3+ hour private session with everyone pictured (why that photo was taken so late), and Phil really broke down where they're coming from. That, more than the game or anything else, is what sold me. I said Dutch Pinball is the real deal, and I meant it.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The BOP 2.0 story will probably never become public, how business goes sometimes, but everyone who's in on that has nothing to worry about, you'll have it soon, and the delay is truly not connected to the competence of the team behind it.
At least 4 of us in that photo are in on TBL, we're putting our money where our mouths are, and it's because we have real faith in what Dutch Pinball is doing.
I had a 3+ hour private session with everyone pictured (why that photo was taken so late), and Phil really broke down where they're coming from. That, more than the game or anything else, is what sold me. I said Dutch Pinball is the real deal, and I meant it.

I have no problem with the BoP issues. I know someone on the team and talked to others on the team at the show.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I couldn't stay that late (made it to almost 3am), the wife was in bed waiting for a husband. But I second everything Aurich mentions. These guys have their shit together.

edit: but I also thought they had their shit together well before expo.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I couldn't stay that late (made it to almost 3am), the wife was in bed waiting for a husband. But I second everything Aurich mentions. These guys have their shit together.

We actually had no idea the party had left, when we opened the door from that back room (we had to lock it at one point because drunk people kept barging in and shouting at really inappropriate moments) we were kinda shocked to find the whole suite empty.

We tried to play some TBL but security came in and told us we were making too much noise, that's when we took that photo and called it a night.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-dps-tbl-party-the-usual-suspects and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.