(Topic ID: 67232)

EXPO: Desperately Seeking Multimeter. Did you borrow one?

By Barron

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by shlockdoc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

You: From unknown origins, blown fuse curious with no multimeter.

Me: Generous dude hanging around a STTNG, multimeter equipped.

I lost track of who you were and never got that multimeter back. I'm not the sharpest hook in the tacklebox and didn't ask your name or where you'd be heading with my Fluke DMM.

I'd love to have it back. Let me know if you have it or know of someone who borrowed one and never returned it.

#2 10 years ago

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm.

Fluke 114 made for "Lincoln Tech". Unique in that its badged for a technical school but nothing special (same as a 117). I just don't feel like shelling out another ~$100

#3 10 years ago

Bump!
    Man that sucks big time.Trying to help someone and this happen...
    Hope you get it back.
    What machine was he trying to fix?

#4 10 years ago

Bad times! I'm sure it wasn't intentional because we all know stolen multimeters give false readings! I hope you get it back, James.
    Art.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks guys!

Quoted from Andre:

What machine was he trying to fix?

I didn't ask, unfortunately.

Quoted from MrArt2u:

I'm sure it wasn't intentional...
    Art.

I definitely don't think it was intentional.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

I definitely don't think it was intentional.
    image.jpg 11 KB

No, not intentional, rather a fluke.

#7 10 years ago

Really sucks to lend stuff out and not get it back. I unfortunately have first hand experience. Hopefully the guy is a Pinsider or friend of a Pinsider and will come forward. I know you're not asking for handouts, but maybe we can get several guys together to all pitch in 5 or 10 bucks each to pay it forward like you did if no luck here.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

I know you're not asking for handouts, but maybe we can get several guys together to all pitch in 5 or 10 bucks each to pay it forward like you did if no luck here.

Thank you. That's very kind of you to suggest, but I'll be able to recover from this. I'd rather donations go to a more worthwhile cause than to support my habit/hobby.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

Thank you. That's very kind of you to suggest, but I'll be able to recover from this. I'd rather donations go to a more worthwhile cause than to support my habit/hobby.

I knows it's not a money thing, just more of the principle. It sucks to do good deeds and get constantly punished for it.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

I knows it's not a money thing, just more of the principle. It sucks to do good deeds and get constantly punished for it.

True. I have no doubt in my mind that it we ended up losing each other in the hustle of the weekend. I hope it's getting good use out there in the ether!

#11 10 years ago

I don't have a spare Fluke, but I can send you a free meter if you don't get yours back.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I don't have a spare Fluke, but I can send you a free meter if you don't get yours back.

Thanks Vid! I've got a decent Fluke clamp-style meter that I used before picking this one up. I can just go back to that for the time being.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

maybe we can get several guys together to all pitch in 5 or 10 bucks each to pay it forward

I'm IN for that!

#14 10 years ago

No need! You guys are too kind. The 337 I have is no slouch, I just like the 100 series stuff.

#15 10 years ago

I would , for sure, help out..!!But, I am sure you will find it, no fluking doubt.!!..
    let us know..

#16 10 years ago

Only lend out the Harbor Freight free junker DMM's.

#17 10 years ago

My bad.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Only lend out the Harbor Freight free junker DMM's.

I know, right??? I have several of these still unopened.... If I leave it on top of the car and drive off after working on it... No big deal.

Thanks for being a stand up guy by trying to help out someone, Who appears not to deserve your kindness. Hope he does the right thing and gets you back your DMM, and some beer for your grief.

#19 10 years ago

What could have happened is a 3rd party swiped it. That is more likely the case as you can gauge a person's intent when they come up to you asking to borrow a tool etc.

I have three or four of the Cen-Tech or whatever phony brand those meters are.

#20 10 years ago

I probably should've committed the fella's face to memory. Next time someone asks to borrow a tool, I'm going to scream "Get away from me!" and then blame the trauma of losing my dmm at Expo 13 for my insane behavior. I haven't been the same since.

#21 10 years ago

Hotel surveillance footage?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-desperately-seeking-multimeter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.