Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

more-cowbell-intimates-bella-white-basic-hotshort_4898f263f380071dfecf9508b21056af_547203_0_big.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

If there was one thing you would change at Pinball Expo what would it be??

#2 9 years ago

more-cowbell-intimates-bella-white-basic-hotshort_4898f263f380071dfecf9508b21056af_547203_0_big.jpgmore-cowbell-intimates-bella-white-basic-hotshort_4898f263f380071dfecf9508b21056af_547203_0_big.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Have a CHEESE PUMP at the LTG : ) Show

LTG : )

#4 9 years ago

This must be a record for fastest derailing of a thread ...

#5 9 years ago

Add in a 'ladies' night.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

Add in a 'ladies' night.

After watching the faces of the crowd last year when first the "Twin Peaks" girls came thru handing out coupons and then the "Lebowski" babes came thru handing out flyers, I don't think the general population at expo could handle a ladies night. LOL

#7 9 years ago

Mike - You in a dunk tank.

#8 9 years ago

I'd really like to be able to register and pay online. It's been so long since I've sent a check that I had to re-order some just to mail in my registration.

It'd also be nice to have some shade on the windows in front of the tournament machines. 11am-2pm is glare city.

Food for sale.

#9 9 years ago

Food/Drink is definitely lacking at Expo. Online registration is another thing that should be implemented.

#10 9 years ago

More used parts to pick through. the vendor area seems to be 50% Marco rockstar arena and 50% LEDs for sale.

Kidding a bit.

I like the home brew games, Pinball Inc booth, and the Dayhuff Kruzman experience, but it would be good to have an area to sell used parts that can be dropped off for sale or more vendors with used parts to rifle through.

-c

#11 9 years ago

Put in a flea market and auction. Get more vendors! Its very expensive to be a vendor at your Expo. I go to a lot of shows and this one is the most expensive.

#12 9 years ago

100% agree on flea market, But I don't see that happening at the Westin as it's just too nice. The Allentown show is definitely a good show to look at for ideas. The sheer amount of games for free play, the indoor and out door flea markets. pretzel wraps next door...pure awesomenes.

-c

#13 9 years ago

I didn't bother signing up ahead of time because there was no Internet registration. For it being 2014, there sure is a lack of internet savvy for the Expo.

#14 9 years ago

Bring back the PBL shuttle

#15 9 years ago

I want the soda pop guy back. That and more games to play (which sounds like is going to happen this year).

#16 9 years ago

I too would like online registration.

Ohh, and I like the cheese pump idea!

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

If there was one thing you would change at Pinball Expo what would it be??

Simple: Move it to Southern California.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Simple: Move it to Southern California.

Agreed!

Someone is doing a Southern California expo - arcadeexpo.com for info...

#19 9 years ago

Allow adult beverages in the vendor hall that were purchased from the hotel bar. Or have the hotel set up a cash bar in there.

#20 9 years ago

WEll i got the blind thing covered.. The hotel wanys a minimum to put in a bar.. Its too high.. WE kinda like family atmosphere for sure early.. Over night I really dont look for beer..

#21 9 years ago

What about the online registration thing? Easy to set up, trackable. The whole write-a-check-and-find-an-envelope-and-a-stamp-and-hope-it-got-there is so 90s...

#22 9 years ago

Can you not register at the Expo????

I ask because I am looking to go to my very first pinball event with this Expo, so I'm new at this.

#23 9 years ago

More side tourneys for WPPRs and/or charity.

Online registration! (Eventbrite is easy to use and has a lot of pinball fans that work there and are in our league)

Free play area open all the time! (maybe a dedicated tech team to help keep things running smoothly?)

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Online registration! (Eventbrite is easy to use and has a lot of pinball fans that work there and are in our league)

Curious: how much does Eventbrite charge for its services? That could be a factor.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Curious: how much does Eventbrite charge for its services? That could be a factor.

$1 plus 2.5% of the ticket or package price.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Can you not register at the Expo????
    I ask because I am looking to go to my very first pinball event with this Expo, so I'm new at this.

You can just show up and register/pay at the desk. Costs a little more that way, but it's available.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

Add in a 'ladies' night.

Would this involve the cheese pump?

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

More side tourneys for WPPRs and/or charity.
    Free play area open all the time! (maybe a dedicated tech team to help keep things running smoothly?)

Problem with a tech team is I'm not letting people I don't know into my machines, and I'm sure many other people agree.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

I can speak to the details of Eventbrite having worked there for 3.5 years. Eventbrite charges a service fee of 2.5% of the ticket value plus $0.99 per ticket. The payment processing fees can range depending on the payment processor you use (Paypal, Authorize.net) but Eventbrite's own payment processor charges 3% of the ticket price. All of these fees can be included in the ticket price or passed onto the user as fees.

Free tickets are always free and come with the same benefits as paid events (ticket scanning apps, at the door ticket processing, etc).

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions about Eventbrite.

#30 9 years ago

what do you get for the Eventbrite service?

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Have a CHEESE PUMP at the LTG : ) Show

What would it take to sponsor this Cheese Pump?!

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

What would it take to sponsor this Cheese Pump?!

Hotel not getting upset. ( not likely, I already push it with the PINBALL PARTS )

LTG : )™

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from MXV:

I want the soda pop guy back. That and more games to play (which sounds like is going to happen this year).

Aaron is the soda man! Do we need to sign a petition for him to setup his table again?

Brad

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Aaron is the soda man!

He use to contribute on RGP. Did he make to Pinside?

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

He use to contribute on RGP. Did he make to Pinside?

I believe so, but I am not sure how often he is on here. I do see his 2014 schedule on his website:

http://inthegridarcade.com/mr-sodapop.html

Brad

#36 9 years ago

Game room and exhibit hall open during the week days.

#37 9 years ago

Ummmmmmmm......................... keep it quiet.

The CHEESE PUMP will be at my LTG : ) Show.

#38 9 years ago

Drink and food for sure. Free play open all the time or much earlier. I don't come to listen to guys talk in a small room for hours and hours.

#39 9 years ago

OK free play is NOW open weds night 6 to 11 during set up friday at 1pm until sunday...Thursday its open from 6 to 6am Thursday is really set up day for vendors and games room SO WHAT IS LEFT??? friday MORNING?? GEEZ many other shows dont allow drink in halls at all to respect machines

#40 9 years ago

I want a shirt this year. For the past couple years they haven't had any XXL shirts by the time I get there. Are there going to be any this year?

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Ummmmmmmm......................... keep it quiet.
    The CHEESE PUMP will be at my LTG : ) Show.

Yes!!

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Put in a flea market and auction. Get more vendors! Its very expensive to be a vendor at your Expo. I go to a lot of shows and this one is the most expensive.

Maybe some cheap tables for USED items only?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-changes-your-thoughts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.