New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 253696)

Expo announcements!

By romulusx

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Concretehardt
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20191018-130539_Chrome (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Did anyone catch the Flipnout expo tailgate stream?
    Keith Johnson from JJP said they had a few surprises for us this year,anyone want to guess?

#2 1 year ago

I tried watching it last night but the sound was Borked! Halfway through Todd Tuckey the sound started cutting out. booo. I saw Kieth and really wanted to hear what he had to say.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Forum-ninja:

I tried watching it last night but the sound was Borked! Halfway through Todd Tuckey the sound started cutting out. booo. I saw Kieth and really wanted to hear what he had to say.

somebody post updates! Maybe he announced updates to POTC finally!!

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

somebody post updates! Maybe he announced updates to POTC finally!!

He announced nothing,except that they had some surprises for Saturday night.
    He also said the was the first time he can remember that a secret has been kept secret

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Forum-ninja:

Try Twitch they have some videos up, the one with Keith the audio actually works
    It's a damn shame the audio kept fucking up!

#6 1 year ago

Another version of WOZ perhaps?

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

I’m not against this because I get how it keeps JJP rolling, but geez... please no

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m not against this because I get how it keeps JJP rolling, but geez... please no

I don’t think this is what Keith is talking about,I think it’s something better then a new WOZ.I think piphila was being sarcastic

#10 1 year ago

BREAKING NEWS: playfields that don't fall apart !!

#11 1 year ago

Damn Pinside is negative site for sure!

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Damn Pinside is negative site for sure!

probably has something to do with constant let downs over the years from JJP

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t think this is what Keith is talking about,I think it’s something better then a new WOZ.I think piphila was being sarcastic

I was being sarcastic. (However there is a part of me that wouldn't be surprised). Hey, if it keeps them making games, go for it.

#14 1 year ago

A Yellow Brick Road edition with flying monkey mech for 13k.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Did anyone catch the Flipnout expo tailgate stream?
    Keith Johnson from JJP said they had a few surprises for us this year,anyone want to guess?

My guess is a new (and more expensive) POTC version. Would be unlike JJP to not capitalize on demand.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

My guess is a new (and more expensive) POTC version. Would be unlike JJP to not capitalize on demand.

More Pirates would be good if they made standards LE’s and CE’s very limited of course

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Super 6 ring spinning disc...

#18 1 year ago

I'm thinking it must an announcement of a new title or something equally large. I'd hate to think it would only be a minor update to an existing game or similar. (but you never know)

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I'm thinking it must an announcement of a new title or something equally large. I'd hate to think it would only be a minor update to an existing game or similar. (but you never know)

The way Keith sounded it seemed like it would be more then just code updates.But he did say the seminar would be Jack and the programming crew.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

The way Keith sounded it seemed like it would be more then just code updates.But he did say the seminar would be Jack and the programming crew.

Good to hear. I plan to attend this seminar & will hope for the best!

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

lol! Really hoping that we finally see a Tin Man "LE" edition. "Limited" to 5,000 games.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Forum-ninja:

I resemble that remark.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bork:

I resemble that remark.

Why yes you do!

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

More Pirates would be good if they made standards LE’s and CE’s very limited of course

JJP only releases more "limited editions", never more standards lol. With that being said Jack said there wouldn't be a Black Pearl SE or whatever so will see. That may mean more LE's but I think Pirates is still done for good.

#25 1 year ago

A real big surprise would be a new GNR announced with all the foul language and decadence they were famous for.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

A real big surprise would be a new GNR announced with all the foul language and decadence they were famous for.

That’s my bet.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

That’s my bet.

You don't think it's going to be a neutered version? I mean this is 2019, and pinball these days has gotten pretty tame.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That’s what I’m expecting

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bork:

I resemble that remark.

BTFU! Wait...not until basketball season.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That’s what I’m expecting

That would be awesome. It will be nice to see JJP announce and possibly ship 2 titles a year, that will be a big move for the company. Hoping GNR is announced this weekend so Toy Story is revealed in the spring.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That would be awesome. It will be nice to see JJP announce and possibly ship 2 titles a year, that will be a big move for the company. Hoping GNR is announced this weekend so Toy Story is revealed in the spring.

It would - however personally I could not care less about GnR (I’m sure it will be awesome but not a band I’m into), so I’d rather see a FRICKIN CODE UPDATE FOR POTC.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It would - however personally I could not care less about GnR (I’m sure it will be awesome but not a band I’m into), so I’d rather see a FRICKIN CODE UPDATE FOR POTC.

I’m starting to think a POTC update might be one of the surprises Keith mentioned.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You could always sell me your Pirates if you’re sick of waiting for it.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from TomN:

You could always sell me your Pirates if you’re sick of waiting for it.

That's a big hell no, good buddy ! haha

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I’m starting to think a POTC update might be one of the surprises Keith mentioned.

Fingers crossed!

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I hear ya there. I'm much more interested in a Toy Story pin by JJP.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Fingers crossed!

I hear ya there. I'm much more interested in a Toy Story pin by JJP.

Same here. Although I can not afford another Jjp game after POTC Lol

#37 1 year ago

Any CGC announcements?

#38 1 year ago

I think they already shot their shot with MM remake redux

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's a big hell no, good buddy ! haha

#40 1 year ago

JJP just posted on Facebook that they will soon be done building Wonka LE's for the rest of the year to move onto CE's. Wonder if they will be building anything else this year?

Screenshot_20191018-130539_Chrome (resized).jpg

#41 1 year ago

Any surprises fro Chicago?

#42 1 year ago

from what i can gather (did not go, reading various threads) the only thing announced during expo +/- a few says is the upgraded MMR.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

from what i can gather (did not go, reading various threads) the only thing announced during expo +/- a few says is the upgraded MMR.

We still don’t even have an official announcement of the MMr announcement from CGC, so far just a teaser from PPS saying info to come from CGC.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 95.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.00
    Lighting - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 160.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 142.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    LightAndTimeArt
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 64.00
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside