Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0836 (resized).JPG
    images (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider porkcarrot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 6 years ago

I'm considering going to Expo this year since my girlfriend and I are already planning a Chicago trip, but I really don't know much about it because their website is terrible. The only convention I've been to is TPF so that's all I can compare to. As I understand it, Chicago has many fewer games to play and is more speaker focused. Is that accurate? Can anyone who has gone before give me an idea of what to expect? Is it worth it to go all days? I also want to note I am going to TPF again next year so this isn't replacing that. Just want to know if this is worth going to. Thanks

#31 6 years ago

Since I don't care too much about new game announcements until they are at a location I can play, and since I won't know anyone else there to make contacts or friends with, it sounds like I am better off skipping this. I enjoy watching seminars and I do want to tour the stern factory, but it sounds like the actual playing of pinball is rather minimal at Expo. Maybe we'll just skip it and spend that money to go to the hall of fame in Vegas.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

that would be a waste of a trip. Aside from the few rare title, PHOF is not a place worth making a special trip to. Most games are poorly maintained, pitched aweful, and leaning to a side. PHOF is worth the trip if going to vegas but not as the reason to go to Vegas.

Yes, phof would not be the only reason to be in Vegas, just a stop.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider porkcarrot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-2?tu=porkcarrot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.