Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0836 (resized).JPG
    images (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

Expo is a good show, pacak is a terrible person to run it. After many years, my games won't be there again.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Expo can't wait. but still to far away. summer is still here. ill be there

Curious what your disagreed with? After years of helping with the show and personally witnessing/being subjected to pacaks treatment of people, it's not worth my effort to bring games to line his pockets.

1 week later
    #23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

also, big thanks to those that continue to bring quality stuff!
    the ohio crew and CPM crew bring some great stuff!

Some of those people you mention have gotten fed up, or nearly fed up, with Mike and are considering backing off support from what I've heard.

It's still a fun show though.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrbillishere:

So, when we lived in the suburbs of Chicago I always brought at least two machines for the free play area and yes dealing with Mike P was enough to rattle even this guy's normally cool demeanor. But, since Andrew and everyone in the red shirts stepped in to manage the free play area, donating games became the enjoyable experience it should have always been.
    Since we moved, I've still driven back the past two years and brought one pin (so as to avoid having to drag my trailer 1K miles each way) and we're planning to come back this year too, especially because since it is in Chicago there's so much more than just doing Expo. That said, I'll be really disappointed if the team managing the free play area isn't there this time. That would probably be the last nail in the coffin for us.

Bring your hammer then. I know some of that crew isn't going anymore.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

Since I don't care too much about new game announcements until they are at a location I can play, and since I won't know anyone else there to make contacts or friends with, it sounds like I am better off skipping this. I enjoy watching seminars and I do want to tour the stern factory, but it sounds like the actual playing of pinball is rather minimal at Expo. Maybe we'll just skip it and spend that money to go to the hall of fame in Vegas.

There is a lot of pinball at expo, there is more open game room time at expo than anywhere. There are not as many games as some other shows. The game room quality varies, it's up to the people bringing the games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-2?tu=marvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.