(Topic ID: 279735)

Expo 2020 - Homebrew Pinball Showcase

By Compy

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Compy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hey guys and girls!

Last night (Friday) on the Pinball Expo Twitch, we aired a showcase of homebrew pinball games hosted by yours truly. I've uploaded the footage from that segment, and I'm truly proud of all of the talent that had the chance to showcase their work in this video.

Timestamps:

00:35 - Good vs. Evil Head To Head Pinball by jabdoa
    5:30 - Greek Gods by Cmartin1235
    10:50 - Mass Effect 2 by avanwinkle
    18:00 - Metroid by TheArrrrrcade
    28:25 - Zelda by wildertronix
    38:00 - Ghost in the Shell by Fortytwo
    45:40 - Demolition Man 2000 by me!

Please feel free to ask any questions in this thread! I hope you enjoy!

-- Jimmy

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Awesome homebrews. I particularly like the Demo Man 2000. In the P2000 format, I think it is a better integration of the theme.

Thanks! It was super fun to work on and was my first project that really got me to dive head first into this sick industry back in 2012.

It started as a traditional DMD rewrite, but then I saw the "Demo Man on Steroids" rendition, and I wanted to do something a tad more ambitious. I agree that the p2k style really lends itself well to Demo Man's cold/futuristic aesthetic.

Probably the most fun part was working with some friends to design a head that could:
    1) Hold the existing WPC boardset
    2) Mount on the cabinet in a way that is completely reversible

The software has actually been rewritten about 3 different times. First in python, then in python with panda3d as the engine, now all the video routines run in C++. It's usually my test/pilot game for new approaches to software.

It was a genuine pleasure sharing it with everyone! Hopefully I can bring it to a show sometime.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Compy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-2020-homebrew-pinball-showcase?tu=Compy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.