(Topic ID: 171360)

Expo 2016: P-ROC Custom Pinball thread (pics and impressions)

By Mocean

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mocean
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Y0wBlDqBYYLkVjwkrRiKTQ_r (resized).jpg
20161014_223940 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

I've received my share of negative feedback about Buffy and I've had it really bum me out. Thankfully most are from people who refuse to play it, or just write Nelly and me off as SoF killers. Negative feedback from people who are willing to give it a chance and play it is honesty helpful. Many folks simply don't feel comfortable in that way. This weekend, I even Asked Hilton for his patented brutal honesty and was happy to receive it.

I am always open to useful feedback as well. As you mentioned though some of the less useful feedback can burn you out. It gets old when all you read is "I wish they hadn't destroyed an SOF" or " those poor SOF machines" or the one that pisses me off the most "it's just a rethemed SOF" The latter is usually said as they pass the machine not even wanting to play it.

It was great hearing Hilton's feedback when we asked him, and his answer confirmed exactly why I thought the game wasn't get more attention. "It's Buffy". I get it. The name of the show is probably the worst thing about (the show). Most people wont even give the show a chance because of it. I suspected this was the reason behind our game not getting as much buzz as others, and Hilton confirmed it. Its a bummer, but I get it. We just get the double whammy as not only do we have that issue to overcome, we also have the SOF killer reputation going for us. Lol. I cant do anything about the name of the show, but I do plan to squash that other issue. That is why I am planning to build another Buffy entirely from scratch. Then no one can say its a retheme, "just an SOF", or call me a killer anymore.

Quoted from Whysnow:

for the record, Buffy is super fun!
I look forward to playing it more and learning more about it next time I see it.

Thanks again for your feedback! I am glad that you gave the game a shot and that you enjoyed it. It will only get better too, as Mocean continues to finish up the code on it. We look forward to your feedback in the future.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

That's fine. We presently have no plans to break into your house and Buffify your SoF.

Key word "presently".

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-2016-p-roc-custom-pinball-thread?tu=nelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.