New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 106303)

Expo 2014

By Skypilot

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 353 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Skypilot
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 204 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Jpop.png
    20141019_135035.jpg
    20141019_133405.jpg
    20141019_132311.jpg
    20141019_124343.jpg
    20141019_121610.jpg
    20141019_121335.jpg
    20141018_155357.jpg
    20141018_211615.jpg
    20141018_153306.jpg
    20141017_234455.jpg
    20141017_234521.jpg
    20141017_234501.jpg
    20141017_175432.jpg
    20141017_151417.jpg
    20141017_123939.jpg

There are 353 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #251 6 years ago

Lymanimage.jpg

#252 6 years ago

Cheese Pump makes an appearance at the Lloyd Show Expo 2014Cheese Pump-1.jpg

#253 6 years ago
    Quoted from EMPins:

Can you post more pictures of the games for play and for sale. Rare games. Some pictures of game for sale that are projects from vendors.

here are a few more

IMG_2646.JPG IMG_2650.JPG IMG_2652.JPG IMG_2653.JPG IMG_2658.JPG IMG_2670.JPG IMG_2671.JPG IMG_2672.JPG IMG_2673.JPG
    #254 6 years ago

price for TAF

IMG_2655.JPG
    #256 6 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

1600 for Big Guns? come on people.

Those are the "retail/public" prices everyone puts on their machines at Expo. That TAF was trashed... about $2000 too high, IMO. The $3100 DE SW I don't believe was working either. (at least, I had yet to see it on)

#257 6 years ago

Bop 2.0 was super cool.

image-210.jpg

#258 6 years ago

yup

#259 6 years ago

I think Pincades charges very fair prices. Especially when you consider they sell at a retail level and provide delivery service and a warranty with home sales. Even with as-is sales, the prices charged are fair. Remember, with pinball sales, the prices are not always what you see listed.

#261 6 years ago

yes

#262 6 years ago

Some of my expo goodies I picked up. Cointaker has some smoking deals.

image-742.jpg
    #263 6 years ago

Super stoked. I got Brian Eddy's autograph for my AFM restore Bryan Kelly is doing. Lawlor wasn't there for my TZ restore but I was able to get John Youssi's autograph. Sweet!
    image-8.jpgimage-917.jpg

#264 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

That TAF was pretty beat up

Looks like the bottom is falling out of it.

#265 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

Some of my expo goodies I picked up. Cointaker has some smoking deals.

image-742.jpg 183 KB

Score !!

#266 6 years ago

Fifty hours with one second to go...Fifty hours.jpg

#267 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinFun:

Fifty hours with one second to go...

Fifty hours.jpg 161 KB

Did the DMD go out while playing?

I don't know if I could play pinball that long.

#268 6 years ago

What a great expo!

Got to play almost all the machines I wanted to.

TBL, TWD, Cyclopes, BBB, etc. Free play area and extra free play area were both great.

DIDNT get a pinside shirt though...very sad about that. Didnt see Robin, but I was a little distracted. Oh well, buy one online I guess.

#269 6 years ago

He still has some Tshirts left.

#270 6 years ago

Is there anything left worth going to see? My weekend plans that prevented me from going today fell apart, thinking about getting down there to play tonight, if worth it. THANKS!

#271 6 years ago

it is worth it!

#272 6 years ago

Come find me tomorrow, I have plenty of shirts available: Ryan Claytor design, Pinside logo and the Evolution one too!

#273 6 years ago

I have been going to expo for five years now and I have to say this was the best one I attended.
    There was a lot more excitement about game releases.
    The free play area was great. Great mix of games and most working (Thanks to all that brought games) unlike years past.
    ExpoBrawl was a lot of fun. Pingolf was fun. Didn't think we would get that many games in but it was well organized, goals were obtainable and went well.

#274 6 years ago

I finally made it to my first expo! Wish I could have stayed the entire time though. I came to expo completely excited about checking out the Hobbit reveal and hoping to see TWDLE on Stern tour( which I did and it looks awesome in person all lit up btw) But I was definitely most impressed with TBL after seeing it and playing a couple balls on it. So me being an impulse buyer I went ahead and put a deposit on that as well! Quite a fun experience though!

#275 6 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Come find me tomorrow, I have plenty of shirts available: Ryan Claytor design, Pinside logo and the Evolution one too!

Will the Spaceman version be released at some point?

#276 6 years ago

Are there TZ Translites available ?

#277 6 years ago

I bought the last PPS one. Another vendor had one but they wanted $125 versus PPS at $100. Bothe nextgen2

#278 6 years ago

My first expo and I got to experience so many games for the first time. IJ, AMH, MM, MB, Congo, WH20, and a ton more. Both free play rooms were great and I probably would still be there if my family did not need to go home and sleep.

Thank you to the people that put this together.

I wish we would have been handed a schedule with our tickets or a big sign would have been on the door to the room, but I totally missed that the vendor room was going to be closed from 5 to 11. We got there at 2 and walked around a bit. Since I did not want to carry stuff I planned to purchase around the free play room, I thought it best to come back to the vendor room before we left for dinner, buy the stuff, play the prototypes and go. Oops, the room is closed. Missed my chance to play TBL, MMR, WOOLY and TH and buy my supplies.

Got to play with the P3 when I arrived. That is a cool idea and a great game that should be getting more buzz.

Amateur Tip: Don't splutter out inarticulate gibberish when famous pinball people you've wanted to meet for years like Ben Heck pass you in the hallway.

#279 6 years ago

Got home late this afternoon. was at expo for 2 days. I'm beat. My feet hurt. My wrists hurt. Would do it again tomorrow in an instant.

A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that brought games. The free play rooms were AMAZING!!!!

#280 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

DIDNT get a pinside shirt though...very sad about that. ...buy one online I guess.

Quoted from robin:

Also, this is supposed to be a picture thread, right? Here's my favorite from the entire weekend:

OwenRyanPinball.jpg

Photographed by the talented Gene X Hwang.

Thanks, Gene!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#281 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

Got to play with the P3 when I arrived. That is a cool idea and a great game that should be getting more buzz.

Amen.

#282 6 years ago

this expo was definitely one of the best ones. Last year was the worst one, that i've been to, and this year was the best. Tons of games top play. Lots of anticipated games revealed. Overall, very good.

#283 6 years ago

Beautiful venue!! While I am grateful that we have any kind of pinball show in the Cleveland Ohio area one of this caliber would be swell!

George...

#284 6 years ago

I did not see anything from experts of dangerous yet.

#285 6 years ago

I gotta say...this was the biggest turn-around I have ever seen as to quality of the show from the last few years to this year. Huge kudos to Mike and everyone involved with running the show and bringing games for us to enjoy. Great show with great friends...the best couple days I've had in quite a long time!

#286 6 years ago

Ok we are packed and done. On the road for a good six to seven hours. This was my first. Expo. What a great trip. Met a lot of great pinheads. Thanks to you all. Taking home a little project/trophy that will mark my trip

image-320.jpg
    #287 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Taking home a little project/trophy

Lucky bastard !

#288 6 years ago

McCune. You rock but there was no way you could have gotten that in the overhead compartment on the plane

#289 6 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

does anybody know what mark salas's handle is here. I want to ask him about the pf I did for that HG.
    thank you. kruzman

Ron
    That playfield was not used in this game.It is 100% HEP
    Here is the restore link.

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album546

Christopher Hutchins

#290 6 years ago

Just got home, and am tired. The free play room was incredible. Hope Mike and Co. can keep the bar high next year as well.

Also, I don't know the names of the front count ladies nor the security folks, but they were great. Worked their tails off too.

#291 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Lunch

image.jpg 151 KB

I can officially say I have now eaten there!! Very good.

#292 6 years ago

good work on Marks game chris. Looked and played fantastic.

#293 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

good work on Marks game chris. Looked and played fantastic.

Thanks Neo. I heard it won the players choice award so that feels good. Not just a pretty face.

Christopher Hutchins

#294 6 years ago

My two best mealsimage.jpg
    expo.jpg

#295 6 years ago

Sitting on the plane about to head home but wanted to add a few....

image.jpg image-281.jpg image-8.jpg image-962.jpg image-971.jpg image-385.jpg
    #296 6 years ago

image.jpg image-704.jpg image-341.jpg
    #297 6 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Sitting on the plane about to head home but wanted to add a few....

lol I didn't notice how Jeff Bridges' face on the big translite is the same scale as our heads, looks like The Dude is standing right behind us.

Great to finally meet you, and on an epic night no less!

That pic of me playing TBL is so empty because it was like 4am, and everyone else had left.

#298 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

My two best meals

Looks great. I gotta admit though the first time I saw them I thought they were TWD mods.

#299 6 years ago

We usually only do the shows in Michigan, but me and the GF took a trip to Expo and loved it! Thanks for the recommendation of staying at the Hampton in Lincolnshire, it was a pretty nice place for the price. Also a big thanks to those who brought machines for the free play rooms.

#300 6 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

image.jpg 130 KB

image-704.jpg 151 KB

image-341.jpg 217 KB

Wait what? where did they have bad mother fucker wallets?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 50.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    £ 99.00
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 10.00
    $ 134.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 750.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 64.95
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    There are 353 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside