2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0836 (resized).JPG
    images (resized).jpg

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

FYI ... I see that the seminar/events page for expo is updated now for 2017. A few things strike my interest on that list.
    http://www.pinballexpo.com/seminar.pdf

Correction to link: http://www.pinballexpo.net/seminar.pdf

2 weeks later
    #52 2 years ago

Besides the JJP #4 reveal and the TNA release party at Pinball Life, is there going to be any other new pin reveals at/near the show? Not much hoopla or build up to the event this year.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Besides the JJP #4 reveal and the TNA release party at Pinball Life, is there going to be any other new pin reveals at/near the show? Not much hoopla or build up to the event this year.

Has a jjp #4 announcement at expo been confirmed?

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Has a jjp #4 announcement at expo been confirmed?

So far just unsubstantiated rumors from those with inside info saying "probably". I have not seen an official JJP announcement that it will be revealed at expo yet.

#55 2 years ago

I feel like JJP needs to have something new each year to become a serious contender. I hope they show something. Not much else to talk about otherwise.

#56 2 years ago

I cancelled my room reservation. Was hoping to make it but the timing just isn't good for me.

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Expo is a walking corpse...it's dead and hasn't realized it yet. I've been going for the last six years and it's going downhill fast. There was an exception in , I believe it was '15, when Mike gave up the pin area to others and it was fantastic. But the vendors are a fraction of what they used to be and good "Show Only" deals seem to be a thing of the past. It used to be that it took a good 2-3 days to fully experience the show. Last year, I was there on Friday and, honestly, I was completely bored after 3 hours. I gave someone my pass for Saturday, as it was worth more for me to go home. Now add in that Pinball Life doesn't have their event (and the bullshit cash grab by Stern last year) and it makes Expo less attractive.
    I honestly would love to hear people rate all of the shows. Expo was the preeminent show for years but now I'm not sure it is even in the Top 10.

Dead on and this year is looking really rough unless JJP #4 shows.

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Yep, skipping EXPO this year. The only thing I'm REALLY gonna miss is seeing my homies that I hang with every year. I'm headed to the Cleveland show in a month, though, to get my fall show fix. Hope to attend some others next year out of state, like TPF, VFW, MGC & ReplayFX. Cheers, ballers!

Find a way to make TPF. It is just an awesome show. I think most of the NEW releases will end up being at TPF moving forward.

#59 2 years ago

Canceled plane, hotel, car!
    Glad i did. This years line-up looking pretty lackluster.
    Dutch, really?
    Steve Richie hates pinside and most of the pinball community...bit of a narcissist. The pics of star wars build he showed at CAX made me not want to buy one..
    Jjp .....doughtful they annouce new title, there still pushing Dialed in and making DI CE.
    Mike Pacek event going down hill consistently every year for 5 years.
    Jetsons....seen on web, Im good.
    The only saving grace for this show will be Houdini, already on list, only NIB for me this year. And im already sold, played it several times this year.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Jetsons....seen on web, Im good.

Spooky won't even be at Expo, they'll just be at Terry's (Pinballlife)

#61 2 years ago

Steve Richie hates pinside

Can you blame him?

and most of the pinball community...bit of a narcissist.

You couldn't be more wrong.

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Spooky won't even be at Expo, they'll just be at Terry's (Pinballlife)

Thats the party to be at!

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Can you blame him?

You couldn't be more wrong.

Well No...but it sure doesnt hurt to keep that to yourself and encourage sales.
    I dont know..meet him a few times. We yelled at each other a lot, because hes almost deaf now. I like the guy a lot actually. Nothing wrong with being a narcissist, im one.

#64 2 years ago

Looking forward to the show and Pinballlife. Planning on bringing a Williams Scorpion for free play and for sale.

#65 2 years ago

Great news. The Randy and Lloyd Road Show will be at Epxo.

LTG : ) Show Thursday night 10pm - anyone contributing pinball parts will be appreciated.

LTG : )

IMG_0836 (resized).JPG

#66 2 years ago

Sweet. I know a great place where you can get some hotdogs!

1 week later
    #67 1 year ago

I noticed this on the seminar list. What is “Stern-O-Rama 2017” on Friday at expo at 8:30pm?

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I noticed this on the seminar list. What is “Stern-O-Rama 2017” on Friday at expo at 8:30pm?

something "Epic" I suppose.......

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What is “Stern-O-Rama 2017” on Friday at expo at 8:30pm?

Game reveal, meet a lot of the stern people. Maybe even food or tournament. Prizes and souvenirs ?

I would imagine a concentrated effort to make a big splash at Expo. And not like last year having to go elsewhere.

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

So far just unsubstantiated rumors from those with inside info saying "probably". I have not seen an official JJP announcement that it will be revealed at expo yet.

It was very clear they were going to show their new game last year at Expo. Same goes for the Hobbit reveal years before.

The lack of anything said about this year's show, tells me the timing isn't right. And really, Dialed In needs more time to sell, no point cutting it off at the knees just so they can show something at expo, on the expo time table.

There's been plenty of years where Stern didn't debut something, just had their latest release there. Walking Dead was one of those times. The LE wasn't ready for the show, and the Pro had been out for a couple of months by Expo.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I have not seen an official JJP announcement that it will be revealed at expo yet.

No idea if they'll make an official announcement or have a reveal at Expo of a new game.

Best keep an eye on their WOZ Forum, here on Pinside, and Facebook.

If you are at Expo, I wouldn't miss the Thursday night fireside chat. At the very least, there will be exciting news.

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from frolic:

And really, Dialed In needs more time to sell, no point cutting it off at the knees just so they can show something at expo, on the expo time table.

That is one angle on it, but JJP will be making DI's for a long, long time - no license. There are some of us waiting to pull the trigger on a DI to see what JJP4 is, how it plays, when production starts, etc. If they prolong the JJP4 reveal, it will prolong some of us from buying or making a decision on DI. We (those that are thinking like that) are probably a small potential purchase number though.

#73 1 year ago

Work on Mugs for Expo has started.

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Work on Mugs for Expo has started.

is randy doing your make-up or are you talking about coffee mugs?

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

is randy doing your make-up or are you talking about coffee mugs?

Yes.

1 month later
    #76 1 year ago

I didn't see Randy at Expo this year nor the Pinball Life Friday charity event. Was he there or did he not make it?

#77 1 year ago

<nevermind>

#78 1 year ago

I believe he has some legal entanglements...

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I didn't see Randy at Expo this year nor the Pinball Life Friday charity event. Was he there or did he not make it?

Are you being serious? Or did Pinside hide the thread where another pedophile is exposed in the "basement"?

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

I believe he has some legal entanglements...

Whoa...

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Are you being serious? Or did Pinside hide the thread where another pedophile is exposed in the "basement"?

Nothing that I can find in the basement about that. Unless you're talking about the guy in Pennsylvania.

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Whoa...

Nothing that I can find in the basement about that. Unless you're talking about the guy in Pennsylvania.

It appears Randy not only had a penchant for cross dressing, but also having sex with male minors.

#83 1 year ago

I had no idea about this. It's too bad the "lounge" stuff didn't show up for me in the front page section. As I mentioned, it's not in the basement where turbo20lbs mentioned to look.

I see why he wasn't at Expo. In the pic his ex posted, he's wearing a K & K Amusements tee shirt. You can't buy advertising like that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 249.99
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 55.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 27.99
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 109.99
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 65.00
    Texas Pinball
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    £ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside