Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by klr650
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

23023932-7871-425A-B0DB-65479DD67927.gif
    Screenshot_20180126-131121 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180126-114654 (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

Hey does anyone know if the manufacturer"s made any kind of exploded part view for their machines?

I see sometimes on part suppliers websites exploded view pictures of drop targets but not much on playfield views, like little tiny screws or post attachments stuff, or just anything related to the machine. If a person is missing something off their machine, it would be nice to see a exploded view with a parts list so you would know what to purchase or how it goes together.

I see some part lists in some manuals, but if you do not know what part you need, the list does not help you much if that makes sense. And sometimes looking at how something might be put together on the machine, you can tell that it was a hack job, but I am not sure what the right part is or what it looks like.

Any thoughts or ideas as where to go to get that?? Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Sometimes, yes. There's not a lot of that in manuals for earlier machines, but starting around System 11, Bally / Williams started adding labelled assembly, and generally doing a better job of providing detailed BOM and locations for parts. Then the assembly views became exploded in WPC manuals.

#3 6 years ago

So not much on early Stern or Bally? Late 70s early 80s

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

So not much on early Stern or Bally? Late 70s early 80s

Plenty in the parts catalogs.

#5 6 years ago

Are you looking for something like this or much more detailed?

Screenshot_20180126-114654 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180126-114654 (resized).png

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Hey does anyone know if the manufacturer"s made any kind of exploded part view for their machines?
    I see sometimes on part suppliers websites exploded view pictures of drop targets but not much on playfield views, like little tiny screws or post attachments stuff, or just anything related to the machine. If a person is missing something off their machine, it would be nice to see a exploded view with a parts list so you would know what to purchase or how it goes together.
    I see some part lists in some manuals, but if you do not know what part you need, the list does not help you much if that makes sense. And sometimes looking at how something might be put together on the machine, you can tell that it was a hack job, but I am not sure what the right part is or what it looks like.
    Any thoughts or ideas as where to go to get that?? Thanks

Depends on the game and maker...

In the earlier days... they did not put as much in the per game manuals, but more in the Parts Catalogs/Service Manuals the company put out on intervals. By the 90s... WMS was doing pretty well with most info in their manuals.. as was Stern until recently. But ultimately not everything is covered... What you are looking for helps by knowing what game(s) you are discussing.

#7 6 years ago

That type of picture is exactly what I am talking about, but it would be nice if it covered everything for the game.

I am working on a Stern Meteor and a Bally Flash Gordon

#8 6 years ago

It came from the recently repaired pinwiki site.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#Manuals_.26_Schematics

Screenshot_20180126-131121 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180126-131121 (resized).png

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

That type of picture is exactly what I am talking about, but it would be nice if it covered everything for the game.
    I am working on a Stern Meteor and a Bally Flash Gordon

For those eras... the parts catalogs are the more detailed. See the pinwiki site for links and descriptions of which book covers what game

#10 6 years ago

First thing i thought of when I saw the thread title ....

rd

23023932-7871-425A-B0DB-65479DD67927.gif23023932-7871-425A-B0DB-65479DD67927.gif

#11 6 years ago

Stern Parts Catalogue (1977 to 1981):

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/STERN81PC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/exploded-parts-view and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.