(Topic ID: 215096)

Explain the Fascination with Royalty to Me. . .

By TractorDoc

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

32F2F9FD-6BB5-4943-B44E-09437FDD13F1 (resized).jpeg
    796e153cc7c790cb403c2205aece15ecbbfb422518dba3e738136ed0962114b7A (resized).jpg
    18D137A8-0B77-48B5-BC8D-2A8F768905A7 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1567 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1568 (resized).JPG
    blog-post-059-00-cmmrtv-20-the-note (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ReplayRyan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago

Just people in the public spotlight...celebrities...humans love to watch what others in that position do, the drama, the pomp and circumstance.

At least there is a lot of history and tradition in the UK. I took some tours when I was there a few years ago, some neat stuff! But these days it's just another celebrity, like a Hollywood actor, pretending to be something bigger.

If you're asking for my opinion, the people that REALLY get into that stuff just don't have enough going on in their own lives. It's easier to watch others "do" while you sit and do nothing.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've discussed this with my girlfriend many times - it's the pageantry, the tradition, and the family aspect. I understand it.
    When I was in London, it was pretty cool checking out all of the royal stuff. I've still got a nice wooden Buckingham Palace pasta spoon to remind me!

That's kind of harsh! Are you a sports fan in any way? I mean...do you think the entire populace of England have nothing going on in their own lives?
    Tradition means a lot to people.

Man you were quick with that edit before I could edit mine

Was going to edit or emphasize the "REALLY" get into that stuff.

And I think the same applies to those who REALLY get into sports, yeah.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All I know is, Kaneda wouldn't have a successful podcast if everybody wasn't obsessed with pinballs' royal families. It's pretty much the same thing.

Who is Kaneda?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ReplayRyan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/explain-the-fascination-with-royalty-to-me?tu=ReplayRyan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.