Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 7 years ago

I'm a big fan of 90's Williams/Bally DMD games and have most of the usual favorites in my gameroom, but I never really enjoyed STTNG in the mid to late 00's when I was buying games for my developing collection, mainly due to my dislike of the outlanes. I never cared for the design of the right outlane with the top of the sling shot rubber angled like a funnel helping to direct the ball towards that massive right outlane. I've developed a forward nudge strategy that helps prevent drains in that right outlane area, but I always thought the design of that area was a bummer, and it also sucks that it's covered by the right cannon and you can't see it well (if at all). The left outlane is pretty much just as bad, but it has a kick back at least. However, when that kick back is off, it becomes a game of "re-light the kick back" similar to my High Speed 2 The Getaway. However, you can set the kick back to easy to help things in that area if you wish.

Now here's the thing: Despite the issues with the outlanes, once you start playing the game a lot, you find your shot accuracy goes up, and you start to learn how to react to bad shot bounces, and you learn to nudge the machine in ways that help prevent outlane drains. When this learning curve is complete, the machine really starts to shine. It does have great flow and plentiful shots, and the modes are fun. The dual cannons are great toys, and the theme integration is right up there with the best in all of pinball.

Unfortunately, I didn't play STTNG enough to get the hang of it back when it was a lower price game, and up to this point, it's never been in my collection, but now that I have the hang of it and find myself enjoying it, I'd really like to add one sometime soon. I really think it's one of the best pinball machines to ever come out of Williams/Bally in the heydey of their 90's DMD production.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 15.00
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/explain-sttng-to-me-1?tu=rum-z and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.