Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago

It's more fun to play the modes, but if you really want the best score, you're better off skipping most of them and letting them time out. The ones I usually play are Rescue, Asteroid Threat, and Time Rift -- they are easy because they light every single shot. Worm Hole and Search the Galaxy should be skipped because they require the upper flipper shot, which is both a low percentage shot and a major drain risk. Yes I know Search the Galaxy has multiple artifacts up for grabs, but it's just not worth losing a ball over.

Battle Simulation has an extra ball if you make 6 consecutive shots, but missing sends the ball out of control and bricks off the Neutral Zone often go STDM -- play at your own risk.

Holodeck Simulation (video mode) is very important - you can get an extra ball and an artifact, plus about 130 million points if you memorize the correct pattern. If you don't care about points, squeeze the trigger and hit the right flipper button at the same time and you will play poker against Riker instead (although it's not worth much).

One 'easy mode' setting I have turned on (mostly for guests) is unlimited Lite Lock on skill shot. So if you want, instead of starting a mode or Warp 4, you can lock a ball on all 3 of your balls for a guaranteed Borg Multiball on ball 3.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Did not know that...and that mode is a royal PITA to complete. In fact, it's the ONLY thing difficult to complete on a properly set up STTNG.

If you bring Q into Borg Multiball, it can be super lucrative. It never times out, in fact, and will keep going until multiball ends. It's a hard trick to pull off, though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/explain-sttng-to-me-1?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.