54 days ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 days ago by jonest3
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BriannaWu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 54 days ago

TMNT is obviously a brutal table, but my biggest objection in it is how random the scoring feels.

Can someone who is good at this game explain to me your decision path is racking up a good score? How do the pizza toppings work and how do you get them?

#4 53 days ago
Quoted from bkerins:

The toppings are initially random. You can change the toppings by hitting the pizza standup targets.
They do matter -- they matter because they give you bonuses on the main multiball, which you start by hitting the van three times.
The first shot to the van locks in the first two toppings, the second shot locks in the next two, and the third locks in the final topping and starts the multiball.
By far the most important topping is the squid. It turns the multiball into an Iron Man style frenzy, and basically makes spinner shots worth monster scores. The game is basically you-squid-you-win at that point.
The rest of what topping does what is here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599#heading--npmb ... among the highlights, the gummy bears are +1 ball for the multiball, and the chili pepper means the super jackpot will be lit when the multiball begins.
And I agree -- the scoring on TMNT is very wonky and random. I look for squid, and if I don't get squid I am going to hit those targets to make it squid

Thank you for such a thoughtful, helpful post! Would expect no less from a fellow Massachusetts resident.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BriannaWu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside