Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Rum-Z
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

TMNT is obviously a brutal table, but my biggest objection in it is how random the scoring feels.

Can someone who is good at this game explain to me your decision path is racking up a good score? How do the pizza toppings work and how do you get them?

#2 2 years ago

Knowing how the toppings work doesn't help much because it's basically random trying to get them. I've never seen players paying attention to them even when putting up bigger scores.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

TMNT is obviously a brutal table, but my biggest objection in it is how random the scoring feels.
Can someone who is good at this game explain to me your decision path is racking up a good score? How do the pizza toppings work and how do you get them?

The toppings are initially random. You can change the toppings by hitting the pizza standup targets.

They do matter -- they matter because they give you bonuses on the main multiball, which you start by hitting the van three times.

The first shot to the van locks in the first two toppings, the second shot locks in the next two, and the third locks in the final topping and starts the multiball.

By far the most important topping is the squid. It turns the multiball into an Iron Man style frenzy, and basically makes spinner shots worth monster scores. The game is basically you-squid-you-win at that point.

The rest of what topping does what is here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599#heading--npmb ... among the highlights, the gummy bears are +1 ball for the multiball, and the chili pepper means the super jackpot will be lit when the multiball begins.

And I agree -- the scoring on TMNT is very wonky and random. I look for squid, and if I don't get squid I am going to hit those targets to make it squid

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

The toppings are initially random. You can change the toppings by hitting the pizza standup targets.
They do matter -- they matter because they give you bonuses on the main multiball, which you start by hitting the van three times.
The first shot to the van locks in the first two toppings, the second shot locks in the next two, and the third locks in the final topping and starts the multiball.
By far the most important topping is the squid. It turns the multiball into an Iron Man style frenzy, and basically makes spinner shots worth monster scores. The game is basically you-squid-you-win at that point.
The rest of what topping does what is here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599#heading--npmb ... among the highlights, the gummy bears are +1 ball for the multiball, and the chili pepper means the super jackpot will be lit when the multiball begins.
And I agree -- the scoring on TMNT is very wonky and random. I look for squid, and if I don't get squid I am going to hit those targets to make it squid

Thank you for such a thoughtful, helpful post! Would expect no less from a fellow Massachusetts resident.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Thank you for such a thoughtful, helpful post! Would expect no less from a fellow Massachusetts resident.

And one of the best players in the world.

2 weeks later
#6 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Heh, thank you! Courtesy is pretty common here except on the road

1 week later
#7 2 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"a2edb4cd85093ff339b4e08677c688e2a0d2d687-1640654421-1800"};
//]]>

Great advise

Hammering the lair target will lite 2x scoring. Another way to pump up the scores

5 months later
#8 2 years ago

I just learned from a post on Tilt Forums that another important topping — only available on Prem/LE — is Mushroom. It apparently gives you the ability during pizza MB to lock one ball in the under-flipper Lair shot for around 20 seconds, and not only does it “park” a ball for you, it also gives +1x playfield X. Massively OP if you have squid and a dialed spinner.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I just learned from a post on Tilt Forums that another important topping — only available on Prem/LE — is Mushroom. It apparently gives you the ability during pizza MB to lock one ball in the under-flipper Lair shot for around 20 seconds, and not only does it “park” a ball for you, it also gives +1x playfield X. Massively OP if you have squid and a dialed spinner.

I only have a Pro, but envy the guys with Prem/Le TMNTs that have this mushroom topping ability. I would also like to say that the pizza topping idea where you can cycle through them with the pizza targets, then attempt to lock them in when you getting toppings that add abilities to multiball that you want, is super fun on all models, and I'd like to give kudos to whoever thought it up, which I assume is probably Dwight. I really love this pin.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I only have a Pro, but envy the guys with Prem/Le TMNTs that have this mushroom topping ability. I would also like to say that the pizza topping idea where you can cycle through them with the pizza targets, then attempt to lock them in when you getting toppings that add abilities to multiball that you want, is super fun on all models, and I'd like to give kudos to whoever thought it up, which I assume is probably Dwight. I really love this pin.

As a premium owner, I envy pro owners in that you can get your bonus X up easily by feeding the pops from the plunge.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

As a premium owner, I envy pro owners in that you can get your bonus X up easily by feeding the pops from the plunge.

I wish the Premium would give you a 3x bonus multiplier award for a skill shot to the upper flipper / side ramp to compensate for this.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Well... there is that, LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 90.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 45.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pin-Tools.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 25.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7,999.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.