(Topic ID: 261972)

Expired ads just disappear and you can't find them

By jathomp22

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I was trying to find a Star Trek Premium I saw listed awhile ago to see if it's still for sale. I didn't see it in the active ads so I went to look in the archived ads. Still couldn't find it. I then remembered who originally listed it and looked in their archived ads and it still didn't show up. I finally figured out it's probably b/c the ad is "expired". I had sent a link to a friend awhile ago and the the link still worked but the ad said expired. Why doesn't expired ads show up in the archived like "sold", "not sold", "expired". There is probably a whole bunch of ads that have expired and no one can find them anymore unless you have the original link. This seems like a bug or maybe enhancement but "expired" ads shouldn't just disappear. Or maybe there is some filter or switch I missed to show expired ads.

Thanks,
    Jason

--------------------------------
    Your browser/os information:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.0.3 Safari/605.1.15 (this will help us make sense of your bug report)

2 weeks later
    #2 4 years ago

The reason why I implemented this 'Expired' status is because I wanted to limit the time an ad can be visible on Pinside (to avoid stale/old ads).

As such, once the running time (6 weeks by default) has passed, an ad will go into expired status and hidden from the public. It now awaits confirmation by the seller (who gets a PM message about this) on wether it sold or not. Yes, technically Pinsiders can leave their ads in expired state forever but note that they can NOT list another ad as longs as any previous ads re in expired state.

1 year later
    #3 2 years ago

robin Curious... why would someone let an ad 'expire' when they actually sold the machine?
    Is there some kind of benefit to the seller for doing that?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expired-ads-just-disappear-and-you-can-t-find-them and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.