New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 275849)

Expert Trained Eyes - Feedback on Purchase

By j-fit

63 days ago

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 59 days ago by frunch
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200824-084729_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
20200823_140803_resized (resized).jpg
20200823_140828_resized.jpg
20200823_140749_resized (resized).jpg
20200823_141050_resized (resized).jpg
20200823_141111_resized (resized).jpg
20200823_141127_resized (resized).jpg
20200823_144243 (resized).jpg
20200823_143946 (resized).jpg
20200823_141431 (resized).jpg
20200823_141428 (resized).jpg
20200823_141425 (resized).jpg
20200823_141202 (resized).jpg
20200823_140937_resized (resized).jpg
20200823_140923_resized (resized).jpg
20200823_140918_resized (resized).jpg

#1 63 days ago

Hi,
Relatively new to the forum and just picked up a WWF RR pin.

I did a tiny bit of research before buying to know what to look for, but in classic fashion when I buy most things, I look at a few specifics then totally forget the rest of the mental checklist.

For the experts, I'm attaching some pics to get your opinion on the overall condition of this pin.

From what I saw/see the playfield looks in great shape, minus some wear around one of the drop holes (not sure proper term).

The rubbers looks great with no cracking.

The plastic ramp owner couldn't say if it was ever replaced, but I don't see any cracking/chips in it.

The flippers seem well "tuned". Little if any play to them.

I totally forgot to look at the type of batteries being used. Attaching pics. They seem to be in a holder, but I'm not sure this is ideal, thoughts?

In the process of getting some cliffys.

Thanks for your input.

20200823_140803_resized (resized).jpg20200823_140828_resized (resized).jpg20200823_140828_resized.jpg20200823_140913_resized (resized).jpg20200823_140918_resized (resized).jpg20200823_140923_resized (resized).jpg20200823_140937_resized (resized).jpg20200823_141202 (resized).jpg20200823_141425 (resized).jpg20200823_141428 (resized).jpg20200823_141431 (resized).jpg20200823_143946 (resized).jpg20200823_144243 (resized).jpg20200823_141111_resized (resized).jpg20200823_141127_resized (resized).jpg20200823_141050_resized (resized).jpg20200823_140749_resized (resized).jpg

#2 63 days ago

How much was it?
Everything has value at the right price.

It appears to be in really nice shape. I would definitely clean and wax it, put new balls in, check the rubber rings carefully, and replace the batteries with NVRAM. I recommend doing these for any "keeper" pin.

Other than that, it looks good to go.

#3 63 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

How much is it?

Oh, I already bought it. $2500

#4 63 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

How much was it?
It appears to be in really nice shape. I would definitely clean and wax it, put new balls in, check the rubber rings carefully, and replace the batteries with NVRAM. I recommend doing these for any "keeper" pin.
Other than that, it looks good to go.

Oh yeah that reminds me... It has 6 balls, but there's also one stuck in an area I don't see how to get out, or why it would even be there. Will check see if I have a pic of it.

#5 63 days ago

Ball is near dead center of pic, above the "G" in TAG... it's blocked by 2 black posts that are too close for ball to pass thru.

20200823_140803_resized (resized).jpg
#6 63 days ago

I believe that's a "captive ball" toy, so that one is not removeable and does not count towards the "6" you should install. And yes, the machine looks to be in good shape. As you mentioned, that battery holder is not ideal and you should get them off the board/NVRAM if possible.

#7 63 days ago
Quoted from j-fit:

2 black posts that are too close for ball to pass thru

What he said ^^^^^^

#8 63 days ago
Quoted from setzkor:

I believe that's a "captive ball" toy, so that one is not removeable and does not count towards the "6" you should install. And yes, the machine looks to be in good shape.

Sorry, could you explain?

Are you saying the captive ball is a gimmick there? Seems odd, or did I misunderstand.

#9 63 days ago
Quoted from setzkor:

As you mentioned, that battery holder is not ideal and you should get them off the board/NVRAM if possible.

In the meantime, would it be worth it to replace them seeing as I have no idea how old they are? They don't look old, but without knowing I'm guessing new ones would be "safer" for the time being.

#10 63 days ago
Quoted from j-fit:

Are you saying the captive ball is a gimmick there?

Now you have a new term to research.

You hit the captive ball with a ball in play, and then the captive ball does something.

LTG : )

#11 63 days ago

LTG beat me to it.

#12 63 days ago
Quoted from j-fit:

Sorry, could you explain?
Are you saying the captive ball is a gimmick there? Seems odd, or did I misunderstand.

You may want to get familiar with pinball terms here;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_pinball_terms

You can look up captive ball and other commonly used terms there....

#13 63 days ago

Congrats. This machine is a lot of fun; you scored a nice looking one. Slightly overpaid, but not by much at all. And that's par for the course on your first machine. We ALL did lol.
Good job dude.

#14 63 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Congrats. This machine is a lot of fun; you scored a nice looking one. Slightly overpaid, but not by much at all. And that's par for the course on your first machine. We ALL did lol.
Good job dude.

Yeah, Pinside said avg was $2500. I reached out to probably 30 people that had one to see if willing to sell since none were/are in marketplace.

Had a few higher than $2500 as option with some upgrades (mirror blades, cliffys, etc), but they were much further away and I was super ready to get this pin pronto.

Tried to get it for $2,000-2,300 but it was a no go. At that point a little more for something <2 hrs away from me was worth it I thought.

To note, it was only a choice between this one and Space Jam given my room decor/interests and well, this one had better ratings for gameplay, which after watching vids I seemed to agree.

#15 63 days ago
Quoted from j-fit:

Tried to get it for $2,000-2,300 but it was a no go. At that point a little more for something <2 hrs away from me was worth it I thought.

You did good.

And you'll be glad you got it.

#16 63 days ago
Quoted from j-fit:

In the meantime, would it be worth it to replace them seeing as I have no idea how old they are? They don't look old, but without knowing I'm guessing new ones would be "safer" for the time being.

Yes, replace them. I recommend Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA Batteries.

You should eventually put NVRAM on it, however. It will replace the batteries for good. Make sure to get the correct NVRAM for your pin.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1181-pinballelectronicscom/02916-6264-nvram-battery-eliminator-module-bally-williams

#17 63 days ago

Congratz on your first machine!
Think you got it for a decent price, have not seen a WWF RR this nice here in the Netherlands.
As mentioned: get those batteries of that board! NVRAM or a remote battery holder will do the trick.

#18 63 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Yes, replace them. I recommend Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA Batteries.
You should eventually put NVRAM on it, however. It will replace the batteries for good. Make sure to get the correct NVRAM for your pin.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1181-pinballelectronicscom/02916-6264-nvram-battery-eliminator-module-bally-williams

Thanks. Ordered the AA you recommended as well as the NVRAM. I'm terrible at technical/mechanical things so depending on how hard it is to install the NVRAM it may be a little while before I find someone to come out to do it for me. Figured at least get the fresh AA lithiums in there for now.

#19 63 days ago

Yeah I only meant by like, $200. $2300 would be been ideal, and at least you tried. But I wouldn't let a couple hundred keep me from buying a nice pin I wanted. Wouldn't give it two thoughts actually. Plus, this pf looks REALLY good whereas most are trashed. So $2500 is pretty spot on. You done good!

#20 63 days ago

This might be the cleanest WWF I've ever seen. No wear at the scoop even! Score!

#21 63 days ago
Quoted from j-fit:

Ball is near dead center of pic, above the "G" in TAG... it's blocked by 2 black posts that are too close for ball to pass thru.
[quoted image]

This was pretty funny Ngl. Definitely read pinwiki and some of the “for your first pin” posts. There are a lot out there.
It will help you! There’s a ton to learn and it takes time.

If you like the audits in your machine then replace the batteries with the game turned on, otherwise all the lifetime information will be lost. Although there’s a good chance it already was.

#22 63 days ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This was pretty funny Ngl. Definitely read pinwiki and some of the “for your first pin” posts. There are a lot out there.
It will help you! There’s a ton to learn and it takes time.
If you like the audits in your machine then replace the batteries with the game turned on, otherwise all the lifetime information will be lost. Although there’s a good chance it already was.

Now i gotta Google "audits" lol.

I don't mind losing previous high scores but is there a way to view how many games have been played on it?

#23 63 days ago
Quoted from j-fit:

but is there a way to view how many games have been played on it?

Check manual. Should have an audits thing in the menu.

But if it was ever reset, batteries removed with power off, batteries died, no. No way of knowing exactly how many.

Your game looks great. You should be playing it instead of worrying about things like this.

#24 62 days ago

Looks like you've picked up a nice example!

I've owned two DE titles in the past (Star Wars and Rocky & Bullwinkle), both of which I've found to be underrated so I'd expect you'll have a good time with this one.

If it were mine, I'd install some new balls and get to playing. Enjoy your new game!

#25 62 days ago
Quoted from j-fit:

Yeah, Pinside said avg was $2500. I reached out to probably 30 people that had one to see if willing to sell since none were/are in marketplace.
Had a few higher than $2500 as option with some upgrades (mirror blades, cliffys, etc), but they were much further away and I was super ready to get this pin pronto.

The way prices are, a year from now this will be $4K, and you'll be able to look back st this and go "I underpaid!"

TFTC is regularly $4K+, XF is $3K, T3 is $3200+, DM is nearing or above $3K...... 8 years ago we would never have imagined those prices....

#26 62 days ago

No rust on lockdown receiver bar.

On a DE game, that is massive.

Very few marks on back of cabinet - hasn't been moved around hardly at all.

I take the term HUO with a pinch of salt as it's all about what you can see.

I think it may be HUO though!

#27 62 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

No rust on lockdown receiver bar.
On a DE game, that is massive.
Very few marks on back of cabinet - hasn't been moved around hardly at all.
I take the term HUO with a pinch of salt as it's all about what you can see.
I think it may be HUO though!

Good to know. There are 2 vertical holes on each side of the coin door, my guess is that's from a lockbar though?

#28 62 days ago

Congrats! Looks to be in very nice shape to me, as others have said they often have a considerable amount of wear in certain areas of the playfield. Yours is one of the nicest I've seen in some time. I was gonna say there's a good deal/nice game for your first pin but that would still apply even if it was your 10th game

You may want to introduce yourself and your new acquisition to the WWFRR club. They may be able to help you with certain game-specific issues you might eventually run into, and give advice moving forward with your game:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwfrr-club

Enjoy!!!

#29 62 days ago

I think we all want our first pin to be immaculate, but soon you'll stop worrying about nitpicky condition details on older, players games and have confidence that you can fix any real issue that does arise.

Looks like your game is in great shape.

Quoted from j-fit:

Good to know. There are 2 vertical holes on each side of the coin door, my guess is that's from a lockbar though?

Correct on the lockbar. Some people fill them to paint match or put plugs in the holes.

Only thing I may swap in on your game is new flipper buttons, as yours are mismatched (dirt cheap and can be swapped in just a couple minutes).

#30 62 days ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I think we all want our first pin to be immaculate, but soon you'll stop worrying about nitpicky condition details on older, players games and have confidence that you can fix any real issue that does arise.
Looks like your game is in great shape.

Correct on the lockbar. Some people fill them to paint match or put plugs in the holes.
Only thing I may swap in on your game is new flipper buttons, as yours are mismatched (dirt cheap and can be swapped in just a couple minutes).

Yeah, I didn't even notice that until I posted the pictures with the buttons lol

Also, I tend to be very picky on visual condition of things. Usually cars as that's my main area of experience.

#31 62 days ago

Very clean DE pin, I would have dropped $2500 on that.

#32 62 days ago

Appreciate all the input so far.

Thoughts on these pinballs to replace older ones?

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=70

#33 62 days ago

Seems to be a reimport (clean playfield for a reimport). The power cord was moved in the back (not sure why) and the transformer connector has tape on the wires.

#34 62 days ago
Quoted from j-fit:

Appreciate all the input so far.
Thoughts on these pinballs to replace older ones?
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=70

These are fine since there are no magnets in the game but I would just get standard shiny. No risk of those ever magnetizing. The super shiny ones are susceptible to that especially if there are magnets in the game.

#35 62 days ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Seems to be a reimport (clean playfield). The power cord was moved in the back (not sure why) and the transformer connector has tape on the wires.

Yeah I was wonder why the extra holes in the back.

Why would clean playfield lead you to believe reimport?

#36 62 days ago

Just noticed this looks unplugged. Any idea what it is?

Screenshot_20200824-084729_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#37 62 days ago
Quoted from j-fit:

Just noticed this looks unplugged. Any idea what it is?
[quoted image]

Printer connection for tickets, on several DE and not to be worried about. I usually tie wrap to main harness for neatness. There will be a second floating around for bill validation and power.

#38 62 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Printer connection for tickets, on several DE and not to be worried about.

On the contrary! The printer is where it's *at* on these games

Seriously though, i love knowing they incorporated features like that into their designs even if i never use them.

#39 62 days ago

very nice condition! I got one of these for $600 one time. Just needed a fuse. The good ole days.

#40 60 days ago

Just went into the audits. Some newb questions out of curiosity.

Previous owner had it 5 yrs.

Total plays 512
Total free plays 220

Assuming that these #s have held since before he owned it, as I'm not seeing a reason he would have paid/used coins to play.. am I correct to assume that he only played 220 games in 5 yrs?

From what I gathered above, the audits could have been reset at any time for various reasons, so I don't assume the machine has only had 500 total plays since new.

He had numerous pins over the years FWIW.

#41 60 days ago
Quoted from j-fit:

am I correct to assume that he only played 220 games in 5 yrs?

Yes. No. Maybe.

Flip a coin. Some audits get reset. Some people don't play much.

#42 59 days ago

Doesn't seem out of line, but there's no way you'll ever be able to definitively prove how many games it's played. Actually maybe we can get a little closer though...are the AA batteries zip-tied to their holder on the CPU board in the backbox? To go a step further, are they Panasonic batteries by any chance?

#43 59 days ago
Quoted from frunch:

Doesn't seem out of line, but there's no way you'll ever be able to definitively prove how many games it's played. Actually maybe we can get a little closer though...are the AA batteries zip-tied to their holder on the CPU board in the backbox? To go a step further, are they Panasonic batteries by any chance?

The zip is broke and they are not Panasonic

#44 59 days ago

Then you can rest assured they've been changed at least once...Therefore it's most likely the audits have been reset at least once.

Still, the game's in very nice condition, so the number of games played is probably fairly low--but we'll never really know

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 26.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Montclair, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 25.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 19.00
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside