(Topic ID: 50357)

Expert Opinions Needed For These 4 Pinballs...

By DB62

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hi

This is for the owners of these pinball games or people that have played extensively on each of these. Please rate these games in order as being which is your favorite, as far as fun factor and wanting to come back and play the game again! Thanks for your opinions:

Medievil Madness
    Monster Bash
    Scared Stiff
    Theatre Of Magic

#2 10 years ago

They all get old after awhile in a collection but I would rate them:

1. MM
    2. SS
    3. MB
    4. TOM

#3 10 years ago

Same as badbilly here

#4 10 years ago

1. MB
    2. MM
    3. SS
    4. TOM

Ron...

#5 10 years ago

If I could only have one out of the bunch, it would be TOM, and I do.

It's got class!

#6 10 years ago

All on TPA - that would be a good place to really learn about each game. . .

#7 10 years ago

May I ask why? Are you thinking of buying only one? What do you like? A lot depends on your side of the equation.

#8 10 years ago

I have watched the videos on these pinballs and looked at the rule set of each game ... but that is WAY DIFFERENT than actually playing them! That is why I am asking for the opinions from the owners and others who have played them alot!!!

Just curious as to what is thought about each of these pinballs from the people that have really played them. I am on the "fence" yet about which ones I may be actually interested in.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

They all get old after awhile in a collection but I would rate them:

1. MM
    2. SS
    3. MB
    4. TOM

I'd swap the order of SS and MB, but otherwise, I think this is right. I can't say that I have played any of them a lot, however, so I'll defer to others who might actually own the machines.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from DB62:

Just curious as to what is thought about each of these pinballs from the people that have really played them. I am on the "fence" yet about which ones I may be actually interested in.

Part of the equation is how they fit in and enhance your collection. I like TOM because it is a great game and it adds beauty and balance to my gameroom, although it may not be as deep as some of the others.

#11 10 years ago

While it isn't a perfect solution, if you are interested in these four tables and can't get in front of the real things, all four of them are available to play virtually from Farsight's "The Pinball Arcade" for tablet PCs and consoles. It can give you a good idea of the look and feel of the tables.

Out of your list, Monster Bash is my favorite.

#13 10 years ago

MM>>MB>>>>SS>>>>>>>>>>>>TOM.

MM by far.
    MB (even though its relatively easy, the theme grabs me)
    SS, fun game, not terribly into Elvira..
    TOM is dead last. There are a lot of games I'd pick over TOM.

#14 10 years ago

TOM is the best looking machine out there!
    Everyone loves playing it,even the women.
    Kids love it too! The theme is fantastic!
    I maybe biased it's the only machine I have so far.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from DB62:

Hi
    This is for the owners of these pinball games or people that have played extensively on each of these. Please rate these games in order as being which is your favorite, as far as fun factor and wanting to come back and play the game again! Thanks for your opinions:
    Medievil Madness
    Monster Bash
    Scared Stiff
    Theatre of Magic

Are you thinking of diversifying your collection? That is quite a shift to go from mainly EMs to top end DMDs...

My rating > MM, MB, TOM=SS

#16 10 years ago

For the high price these all command I would put some quarters in one for sure. Personally, my list would go MB, SS, MM, TOM. But there are a lot of machines I would pick before TOM.

#17 10 years ago

If I didn't know the values of each, and was told I could take anyone of the group, I'd probably take TOM....

#18 10 years ago

I currently have all four in the lineup and rank them:

1. MM
    2. MB & SS (tie)
    4. ToM

#19 10 years ago

SS
    MM
    TOM
    MB

As far as long term playability.

#20 10 years ago
    #21 10 years ago

MM
    TOM
    MB
    SS

...I also don't really care for Elvira at all, so keep that in mind. I've heard TOM gets old, but I've probably played that as much as any game that I don't personally own over the past year or so, and I still enjoy it. It doesn't have quite the longevity of MM or maybe even MB, though. Actually, for longevity, I might take CV over TOM.

#22 10 years ago

MB
    MM
    TOM
    SS

mb may not be as deep as MM, but dammit if it's not funnest theme and pf layout ever!

#23 10 years ago

1. MM
    2. TOM
    3. SS
    4. MB

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

MM>>MB>>>>SS>>>>>>>>>>>>TOM.
    MM by far.
    MB (even though its relatively easy, the theme grabs me)
    SS, fun game, not terribly into Elvira..
    TOM is dead last. There are a lot of games I'd pick over TOM.

Exact same order and comments for me.

#25 10 years ago

Thanks for all the replies and comments so far! Anyways, I am an old fart and grew up with the EM games. I really enjoy them and think that some of them are vastly under-rated (specific Gottlieb wedgehead titles). Mine are also all restored, so they look & play top notch and faster than you would think!

YES, I want to diversify my pinball collection. I do enjoy the newer pinballs and now want them in my collection. I wish I would have started that a few years ago, when the prices were much more reasonable than today on certain titles.

I am looking for 4 of the newer SS pinballs. I for sure want to purchase a Scared Stiff & Funhouse!
    The MM & MB are way to much money for me to spend on a pinball. So my other 2 choices are open yet.

I also want to purchase 2 or 3 of the older SS pinballs (system 11 or before). I for sure want a Space Shuttle pinball. My other options are open yet.

Please keep your replies or comments coming! I appreciate and value them! Thanks

Dan

#26 10 years ago

I suggest a Centuar or TX-Sextor. Nice step up in technology from your EMs but still a great feel to them.

Lots of cool Gottliebds out there that you may like. No need to drop big bucks on some of the super A-listers (unless you have the $$$ and are in live with those specific games)

Also plenty of sweet B lister DMDs to check out.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expert-opinions-needed-for-these-4-pinballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.