(Topic ID: 236402)

Experience with Rottendog DE/Sega Flipper Boards?

By grantopia

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TxJay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

May need to track down a replacement flipper board soon for a Baywatch. Hoping to find a used original one, but was searching around and see a lot of threads from several years ago about issues with the Rottendog flipper boards? Anyone have any experience with these lately? Are they pretty solid or is it a crapshoot?

#2 5 years ago

Used one of these boards in GNR for awhile. Transitor failed. Seem to recall the type transitor had to be tracked down. Once replaced worked fine. Don’t know if X Pin makes a flipper board but their power supply boards seem superior to the Rottendog. Still awesome that Rottendog makes these brand new replacement boards.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Used one of these boards in GNR for awhile. Transitor failed. Seem to recall the type transitor had to be tracked down. Once replaced worked fine. Don’t know if X Pin makes a flipper board but their power supply boards seem superior to the Rottendog. Still awesome that Rottendog makes these brand new replacement boards.

Thanks, appreciate the info. Definitely happy they make them, just wasn't loving was I was reading about those particular boards. If I can't find an original I'll probably give one a try - hopefully those issues are worked out now.

#4 5 years ago

Had one in a LAH all it did was blow transistors.

#5 5 years ago

Forgot I also had a transitor fail in my Getaway using a Rottendog. Still needs repaired . Definitely something up with transitor reliability on these boards. All my games are lightly used HUO.

#6 5 years ago

Ugh...not feeling great about this one. Any other good options out there? I have the PINLED boards in there now but also suspect one has an issue that's causing problems in my switch matrix when both flippers are pressed.

#7 5 years ago

Had a Rottendog flipper board in a BTTF with no issues. The owner before me installed it so not sure how long it was in there. been over a year for sure.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Ugh...not feeling great about this one. Any other good options out there? I have the PINLED boards in there now but also suspect one has an issue that's causing problems in my switch matrix when both flippers are pressed.

Not that I know of.

#9 5 years ago

I may have an extra Data East Flipper Board, hit me up and we can talk about it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 24.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/experience-with-rottendog-de-sega-flipper-boards?hl=crussell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.