(Topic ID: 211812)

Experience with playfield protector for Flash Gordon?

By UNCgump

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by wdennie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'm about to buy a Flash Gordon and am considering buying a playfield protector. If you've used one or played on one on this game, I'm curious for your thoughts. The little I've found had people complaining that it messed up the star rollovers in the upper playfield and resulted in a lot of stuck balls.

#2 6 years ago

Bump

#3 6 years ago

Hardtop should be coming out soon..

#4 6 years ago

I have one on my FG but I didn't personally install it. It's an older one with opaque insert covers so maybe not as good as the ones they have now; it kind of forces you to use LEDs.
As far as gameplay, mine plays fantastic. Super mean, super fast, "just like" other FGs and it looks great.

EDIT: Didn;t Family Guy used to be "FGY?"

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Hardtop should be coming out soon..

I'd seen rumors. I think I may just wait for that. I've heard good things about the look. I assume they play well?

Quoted from TheLaw:

I have one on my FG but I didn't personally install it. It's an older one with opaque insert covers so maybe not as good as the ones they have now; it kind of forces you to use LEDs.
As far as gameplay, mine plays fantastic. Super mean, super fast, "just like" other FGs and it looks great.
EDIT: Didn;t Family Guy used to be "FGY?"

Thanks for the input!

#6 6 years ago

Also, I love the IDEA of hard top, but the actual installation terrifies me. Seems like there's such a chance of fucking something up that would ruin the machine.

7 months later
#7 5 years ago

I have playfield protectors on most of my games and FG is the only one I don't like. There is nothing to really hold the protector in, as with other games. For example the protector should extend under the right ramp but it ends at the base of the ramp. The one on the upper playfield is especially bad with stuck balls.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

Also, I love the IDEA of hard top, but the actual installation terrifies me. Seems like there's such a chance of fucking something up that would ruin the machine.

easier that putting on a overlay, did one on my space shuttle game plays very fast with it and the surface looks like glass.
I'd do it again with no regrets!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/experience-with-playfield-protector-for-flash-gordon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.