Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by sethi_i
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethi_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Depending on your area. Can be tough. Too often big things like piano, organ, pool tables, etc. You have trouble giving them away free. Because you have to pay to have them hauled out, and then installed at the new place.
    Good luck.
    LTG : )

This is very true. It depends on how quickly you want to move it. Two years ago, I put mine on CL for $2700 (a little over half of the original price) thinking it was a long shot. It was a 10 year old, one owner table that was in perfect condition. There were ads asking for more and a lot more asking for less. I figured "what the hell, let's see what happens". Weeks went by, and I'd bump the listing occasionally. I never lowered the price.

Out of the blue a call came in. He was looking for a table "just like this". He came to my house to look at it, and he did ask about the MMr sitting next to it. We agreed on the $2700 with me paying for professional tear-down and re-setup ($400), so I ended up with $2300. Needless to say, I was more than pleased with that outcome.

The moral of this long-winded, rather dull tale, is that you will sell it. The price will depend on finding someone who wants it before you say screw it and give it away. As for the professional thief scouring CL pool table ads for their next score...I'm kinda skeptical.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethi_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/experience-selling-pool-table?tu=sethi_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.