(Topic ID: 92238)

Experience changing display ROM on Sega's (Goldeneye)?

By Edenecho

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by richyrich
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I got new ROMS today, and I see easily where to change the CPU rom, but it seems like much more work to change the display rom... as opposed to Stern DMD's, where it looks like you easily just lift the dmd assembly up and outward, it seems as on this sega goldeneye, the whole assembly is mounted with screwes and everything...

Has anyone else swapped display rom on their sega or goldeneye machine, and is it just me who is looking at the wrong stuff, or is it much more work to lift out the dmd assembly on Segas?

Kind regards,
Morten

#2 6 years ago

Solved. Was a lock mechanism and the panel is swinging outward to the right, rather than being able to be lifted and laid horizontal.

#3 6 years ago

Alright, I find the CPU EPROM excessively hard stuck. There is not really any micro space between the rom and socket, and I feel I'll be ripping out the board itself if I pry hard enough 8which i ofcourse wont do )

Any tips or comments on how to solve this?

#4 6 years ago

I just lever it with a small screwdriver a little at a time from both sides. I didn't think there was a display rom upgrade.

2 weeks later
#5 6 years ago

Yeah it is, you have to swing the dmd display out and change the ROM on the card behind it
With the help of a friend and a lot of anxiety I managed to get the CPU EPROM out also, it was really hard stuck, so it got violent And i repeat, REALLY stuck, hehe.

But changed ROMS, started machines and it works. Now the easter egg "shoot bond" animations are there too

9 months later
#6 5 years ago

HI, what version are you running now,with the new roms?
Do they make a big difference to game play?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Boards
PinSound
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside