5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

JP (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg

#1 5 months ago

Saw this pop up on Ebay. Started yesterday for bidding and then ad yanked and changed to 4800 / BO. How much is a really nice EM like this worth?

ebay.com link » 1976 Gottlieb Royal Flush Em Pinball Machine Restored By Boltronix

#2 5 months ago
    download (resized).jpg
    #3 5 months ago

No webbing on the cabinet. Otherwise pretty nice. The right buyer maybe $1500-2K

#4 5 months ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

No webbing on the cabinet. Otherwise pretty nice. The right buyer maybe $1500-2K

That is what I was thinking also

#5 5 months ago

I'm not seeing it. Common game with more than 12,000 units made.

Usual price in decent condition for this title $500- $700

Playfield overlay that does not increase value compared to a decent original.

Backglass probably a BGResto which again is not going to be as good as a nice original.

#6 5 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Playfield overlay that does not increase value compared to a decent original.

Doubt that's an overlay. Looked cleared. The restorer is a pinside member, BOLTRONIX. Web page shows a Royal Flush cleared PF:

https://www.pinballrepairz.com/

#7 5 months ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Doubt that's an overlay.

False advertising on e-bay then?

"New overlay playfield plays very fast."

#8 5 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

False advertising on e-bay then?
    "New overlay playfield plays very fast."

Missed the overlay in the listing. It's obviously been cleared after the overlay install.

#9 5 months ago

Def looks cleared.
    Card Whiz overlay? Never heard of it but never looked for one either.

#10 5 months ago

Herb Silvers of Fab Fan makes overlays for several games and has a Quick Draw up for sale with one now. Might have come from him.

One thing an overlay will do is cover up those seriously cupped inserts that era of Gottlieb is known for.

Recently a decent looking original Flush with a nice playfield, original backglass, and tastefully repainted cabinet came up for sale around here.

$800 was too much, and the 10 mile drive was enough to make me take a hard pass on it. Maybe it's a game for somebody else that has to have it, but not me.

#11 5 months ago

There's probably a reason they used low res pics and the only playfield pic shows a reflection from under the apron.

#12 5 months ago

It looks nice, and it looks like a fun game. But, I could get a deadpool pro for about that price. I rather have the deadpool pro. Just more to do with a game like that.

I'm not knocking old pins. I love playing them. And one day I want to have a big collection of old ems and old late 70s early 80s solid states. But, I do think bang for your buck... It might be a wee bit too high. I could see 1,500-1,700 for the right buyer. Provided it plays well.
    I paid 1k for my beat up sinbad, and I don't think I really overpaid on that purchase.

#13 5 months ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

It looks nice, and it looks like a fun game. But, I could get a deadpool pro for about that price. I rather have the deadpool pro. Just more to do with a game like that.

I'd take the Deadpool too and sell it and buy several EMS and maybe an early solid state or two more to my liking. lol

You gotta really be in love with a game like this to pay that kind of money for it. The key here is they made 12,500 of these, so it's not really a title that is hard to come by in any condition. They come up for sale all the time.

#14 5 months ago

It's one of the most sought-after EM pins of all-time.

#15 5 months ago

If somebody paid the entire $1300 for this one, it is more sought after than I thought.

ebay.com link » 1973 Gottlieb Royal Flush Pinball Machine

#16 5 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If somebody paid the entire $1300 for this one, it is more sought after than I thought.
    ebay.com link » 1973 Gottlieb Royal Flush Pinball Machine

I saw that one and was interested until I noticed the back panel was not lit.

#17 5 months ago

Pinside says average price for this game is $800.

Here is a decent enough one in the archive that was listed at $1000 but shown as not sold here at least-

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/73241

Apparently the op of the e-bay ad purchased several Herb Silvers overlays for this game and has at least tried to pump up the price.

He does mention Shay backglass in one of his ads, so there is some extra value in that. About $300.

Again none sold at least through pinside. If he gets what he's asking, more power to him.

If you want to pay $4500 for one like this, more power to you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/80834

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/83469

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/82726

#18 5 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'd take the Deadpool too and sell it and buy several EMS and maybe an early solid state or two more to my liking. lol
    You gotta really be in love with a game like this to pay that kind of money for it. The key here is they made 12,500 of these, so it's not really a title that is hard to come by in any condition. They come up for sale all the time.

How big is your house???? Man... I'm almost full up in my house and its CROWDED!!!!!!

#19 5 months ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

How big is your house???? Man... I'm almost full up in my house and its CROWDED!!!!!!

1475 square ft. But it is the nice double garage that houses most of them.

Not knocking any love some might have for Royal Flush. I just don't find it that great. Average 1970s multiplayer at best. Easy to beat and every ball the same.

It's the amount made and how easy they are to find that would sway me the most from paying big bucks for one. Especially with an artificial playfield top.

There are nice originals out there at a fraction of the price, if you are patient and keep an eye out.

#20 5 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Pinside says average price for this game is $800.

Good luck on finding one for $800 that isn't a total POS.

There's a reason that Amtex decided to base their iconic video simulations on Gottleib Royal Flush and Bally Eight Ball Deluxe.

For those of us on here who were around when these machines were new, they are probably the two most-iconic machines of the era. Without a doubt they are.

I wouldn't buy any machine with an overlay unless I was planning to replace it with a brand-new playfield. I'm also not a huge fan of the way Fabulous Fantasies paints their cabinets but I bet the guy has a few grand into it.

The bottom line is if anyone on here has a fairly unmolested Royal Flush in good shape I'll pay $2,000 all day long for it (more if it is really nice).

#21 5 months ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

For those of us on here who were around when these machines were new, they are probably the two most-iconic machines of the era. Without a doubt they are.

I must have missed the boat on that one.

JP (resized).jpg
    #22 5 months ago

SS Joker Poker is a decent machine go but if you were to place a Royal Flush EM in equal condition next to it I'd still probably pick the EM Royal Flush. It might be a little bit of a tough choice though.

Of course if you were to put it next to an EBD in equal condition it then becomes a no-brainer.

#23 5 months ago

I love EM pinball but don't see the inflated attraction for RF. Good playing game but the high prices are unwarranted.
    Excuse me if this is a pump and dump scheme, didn't mean to intefere.

#24 5 months ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I love EM pinball but don't see the inflated attraction for RF.

Me neither, but apparently we are missing out on the most iconic EM of the 1970s.

#25 5 months ago

In the 90's Amtex could have done any pin they wanted.

They chose one iconic EM and one iconic SS from the "Golden Age" of pinball.

A very tough decision but they made the same two choices I would have.

#26 5 months ago

I never heard of Amtex so they mean nothing to me.

But I did play pinball from the beginning to the end of the 70s, and Royal Flush was just an average game as were most 1970s multiplayers with long flippers, bonus ladder, and a playfield that resets after every ball. Just average.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 399.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Bent Mods
    £ 50.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 109.99
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside