3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 days ago by tobiasbp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180830_231453 (resized).jpg

#1 3 months ago

Hello.....

I'm wondering if the flippers on my Lucky Seven (my only pinball machine) work correctly. When the flippers are activated, they are not extended all the way. That is, I can manually push the flippers higher up (further) from the activated position. Is that expected behavior in a pinball machine?

Thanks.

#2 3 months ago

probably not, can you show a picture of the game with them in the rest position as well as activated?

There are usually a little hold near the tip of each flipper that is used to align them properly

#3 3 months ago

Activated flipper:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/RY9PYmDcu2uwXBUP6

Pushing up on the flipper (It's higher up):
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/3cxfWVMthTcYSoKu7

I realized you wanted at picture of the flippers at rest. That's the photo I did not take. Sorry. I can take another picture tomorrow if needed?

Do you mean the flippers are aligned from the top, through a hole in the playfiled?

#4 3 months ago

It's possible there's play in your flipper links, if you haven't replaced them. Lift the playfield, and then grip the plunger to hold it still, and try to wiggle the flipper. It shouldn't be able to turn much. There's a hole where the crank goes through the link that gets turned into an elongated oval over time

I don't think alignment is an issue here

#5 3 months ago

Thank you for the suggestions. I will investigate during the weekend.

1 week later
    #6 3 months ago

I can indeed wiggle the flipper while holding the plunger. The hole must be elongated as zacaj suggested. Thank you for helping out.

#7 3 months ago

On a 40 year old game like L7, you know the flippers have been rebuilt dozens of times.

Operators may have used any flipper part that was rolling around in the bottom of their tool box, just to keep the game earning. Sometimes you find Bally parts, sometimes just scrap metal parts drilled out, or coil stops from a Gotlieb .

You should completely rebuild the flippers - everything.

That way, you don't have to worry about fixing one problem, only to have a mismatched orphaned part cause another problem a few weeks from now.

Now the best of all options, is to update to the unified base Williams flipper mechs.

These are the best, most responsive flipper mechs Williams ever made, and rebuild kits will only cost you $20 USD in the future.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers/page/3#post-773606

IMG_20180830_231453 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #8 48 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Now the best of all options, is to update to the unified base Williams flipper mechs.

Sounds like a good suggestion! (I don't know how to be alerted on new posts in my threads, hence this VERY late response).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 209.99
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 159.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 6.00
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 93.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside