Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider movingpictures.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

That is very noble, but I think there is no getting around that the event attendance is very limited and selling out if 45 minutes in going to wipe out the novices. You might as well embrace being the marquee pinball event of the year and work with it.
    Good luck with everything.

Usually you have a logical approach and are spot-on.
    Unfortunately, logical reasoning does not work here and parallels should not be drawn with other businesses.

PAPA exists solely due to philanthropy and a dedicated team of volunteers who strive to keep pinball alive and well.
    A 400 person pinball tournament is the furthest thing from "very limited" - in fact it is the biggest and baddest pinball event on the planet.

Quoted from frolic:

Classic business says it is underpriced if it sells that quick. The solution is to raise prices. It goes into the purse anyways, which only helps with the prestige of the event. six-figure prizes would be pretty impressive.

Again, no parallels should be drawn between PAPA and classic business; in fact, they do not even belong in the same sentence. One must simply visit the facility and meet the people involved to see how flawed your reasoning is. $175 to enter a tournament is not cheap, especially when you factor in the cost of travel. $60k in prizes is already pretty impressive.

PAPA is not a capitalist machine and never will be. It's all part of the magic and mystique that make the spring pilgrimage to Scott Township the highlight of my year - I've pledged with a pinball brother-from-another-mother to never miss a Pinburgh until I die.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider movingpictures.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expanded-field-for-pinburgh?tu=movingpictures and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.