Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

Join the club. Maybe next year the registration can be in the evening so people can be home to sign up. No internet access were I work and cell phones are not allowed

#4 10 years ago

From what I read it sold out at 1:43 EST, so I imagine a lot more then 500 people joined. Maybe they can do a lottery next year otherwise I might have to call in sick on registration day

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

I can see next year that this event will sell out in 20 minutes and not 2 hours like this time. It will just keep getting worse and worse as tournment pinball gets more popular.

And if you don't have access to the internet at the time because you work or travel you are screwed.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from alichino:

I have a lot of friends who didn't get in, so I feel you on this one.
    It could destroy the event, though. Now you're getting into the triple booking each bank. If there's any kind of hold up, that pushes back the entire schedule. There's already a small issue when some of the A groups go longer than 30 minutes on each machine; generally it only pushes the times back by 10 or 15 minutes so it's no big deal. Triple booking might expand that to 45 minutes or longer, which creates some havoc with the already tight schedules.
    Bowen, who helps organize the event, makes his living working on math text books, so I'm sure he's explored a lot of set theory to get 400 players to work!

Can't they add more banks? There is plenty of room and games. Each bank of 4 games would allow 8 players if they are double booked.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expanded-field-for-pinburgh?tu=chooch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.