Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mikala
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190707_130429 (resized).jpg
    DaleGun (resized).JPG
    006 (resized).JPG
    100_4310 (resized).jpg
    1947 Exhibit Supply Dale's Mauser Shooting Gallery INFORMATION AND SERVICE SHEET.pdf (PDF preview)
    98408911-C4CE-4808-91EB-72207C811B96 (resized).jpeg
    41A48AC4-5909-442F-AE05-AB1CA9A5CB85 (resized).jpeg
    Dale Gun schmatic.pdf (PDF preview)
    7209FD57-BB66-43AD-8F94-96407733E3AE (resized).jpeg
    P2163139.JPG
    P2163138.JPG
    P2163137.JPG
    P2163141.JPG
    P2163140.JPG
    P2163135.JPG
    P2163132.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

This game is now in my garage and it's been a real hoot to fix up! No score motors here! But a lot of the brains lay in the multitude of stepper motors. Wish I was keeping this game, but fixing it up for someone else. Been trying to do some research and finding out what year this game was from. Do you folks know?

The good news is everything seems to be there. A couple of switches broke, and stepper units all locked up...but other than that, pretty straight forward!

Here's some pics, before I started to work on it. That baby blue has to go!

coin op pics 001.JPGcoin op pics 001.JPG
    coin op pics 002.JPGcoin op pics 002.JPG
    coin op pics 003.JPGcoin op pics 003.JPG
    coin op pics 004.JPGcoin op pics 004.JPG
    coin op pics 005.JPGcoin op pics 005.JPG

#2 9 years ago

"Sharp Shooter" is one of the rating levels, rather than the game name.

It's typically called a "Dale Gun" or "Mauser Shooting Gallery". Dates to 1947.

#3 9 years ago

Neat. Dale Gun game. I have never owned one but always thought they were cool. There was one for sale with a nice price in MN recently.

Ah, found it.
    minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Neat. Dale Gun game. I have never owned one but always thought they were cool. There was one for sale with a nice price in MN recently.
    Ah, found it.
    minneapolis.craigslist.org link

yeah, that one's been kicking around here for a long time...

#5 9 years ago

Thanks Dirt Flippper...I changed the topic name.
    $275.00 in that condition, be tough...looks like that backglass paint is ready to fall off too.

Here's what mine was before and after.

P2163142.JPGP2163142.JPG P2163145.JPGP2163145.JPG
    #6 9 years ago

It's alive!

Everything is working pretty good. The scoring is a little off, but it will get there. This gun has some serious kick, BTW!

P2163127.JPGP2163127.JPG P2163128.JPGP2163128.JPG P2163131.JPGP2163131.JPG P2163132.JPGP2163132.JPG P2163135.JPGP2163135.JPG P2163140.JPGP2163140.JPG P2163141.JPGP2163141.JPG
    #7 9 years ago
    Quoted from jodini:

Thanks Dirt Flippper...I changed the topic name.
    $275.00 in that condition, be tough...looks like that backglass paint is ready to fall off too.
    Here's what mine was before and after.

You're right. These never seem to command a lot even in nice condition. Which is odd as I think it has quite a bit going for it. Small footprint, fairly attractive with charming gameplay. It's from 1947! With a broom handle Mauser on it! It's like a piece of functional historical art.

Shay lists the back glass on their site. But that adds another $230 to the cost of the game. I swear I have also seen the reproduction optional marquee available somewhere for sale.

Looks like you already have a great start to bringing this one back.

#8 9 years ago

Great job so far! Also Post here when it is finished:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-show-us-your-em-gun-games

Ken

#9 9 years ago

You got it EM-PINMAN!

It is surprising that this game doesn't bring in more money. But I've seen other Dale Gun games that are better looking than this one...this one has a pretty plain backglass and base.

I've repainted the base red, but I think the red is too bright, so I'm going to paint it a little darker on the red (maybe). I repainted the gun with a hammer finish and that turned out well. Hopefully get the scoring figured out tomorrow and then on to the other projects the guy gave me to work on for him. Sometimes fixing up these things, making money, and seeing a happy customer is more fun than owning them.

P2163137.JPGP2163137.JPG P2163138.JPGP2163138.JPG P2163139.JPGP2163139.JPG
    5 months later
    #10 8 years ago

Looking really nice. I just found one of these but it has no AC cord. Could you tell me where the
    AC cord hooks up or post a picture. Thanks

#11 8 years ago

Wish I could tell you. I didn't own the game, just fixed it for another guy.

2 years later
    #12 6 years ago

Does anyone have schematics for this game?? I’d love to purchace a copy, if you do!!!

#13 6 years ago

Sorry, no schematic , but here’s a pic of mine Fun little game.

7209FD57-BB66-43AD-8F94-96407733E3AE (resized).jpeg7209FD57-BB66-43AD-8F94-96407733E3AE (resized).jpeg

#14 6 years ago

I think I have a schematic. Let me check. I’m also the guy who made the Repo topper

[email protected]

#15 6 years ago

I have the schematic but its bigger than my scanner will handle so here is most of it. I'll see if I can find somewhere to make one

Dale Gun schmatic.pdfDale Gun schmatic.pdf

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Sorry, no schematic , but here’s a pic of mine Fun little game.

great looking machine!

3 weeks later
    #17 6 years ago

Here are some pics of the schematic and a typed sheet that is on the old onion skin paper explaining the operation

41A48AC4-5909-442F-AE05-AB1CA9A5CB85 (resized).jpeg41A48AC4-5909-442F-AE05-AB1CA9A5CB85 (resized).jpeg

98408911-C4CE-4808-91EB-72207C811B96 (resized).jpeg98408911-C4CE-4808-91EB-72207C811B96 (resized).jpeg

3 months later
    #18 6 years ago

1947 Dale Mauser Shooting Gallery Instructions re-typed.

1947 Exhibit Supply Dale's Mauser Shooting Gallery INFORMATION AND SERVICE SHEET.pdf1947 Exhibit Supply Dale's Mauser Shooting Gallery INFORMATION AND SERVICE SHEET.pdf

2 months later
    #19 5 years ago

So happy to find this thread! I've got one of these games, and I'm missing the forest background. Could someone make a scan of one that I could print out and install into my game? It's a little less fun shooting critters in a wooden box... Thanks!

3 months later
    #20 5 years ago

Looking for one of these cash in hand message me

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Snowyetti:

Looking for one of these cash in hand message me

There was a pricey one on Chicago Craigslist recently

#22 5 years ago

gone now i think

#23 5 years ago

In case anyone needs one....

SOLD!
    Other - For Sale
    “Brand new glass. Real mirror, screened on tempered glass. I needed glass for a couple of games I was restoring and found none were available. I had a few extra made. This is a ...”
    2018-12-18
    Racine, WI
    Archived after: 41 days
    Viewed: 83 times

#24 5 years ago

I’m tempted and I don’t even have this machine yet

1 month later
    #25 5 years ago

1949 exhibit supply silver bullets gun game . Looking for anyone who has this game. Any info would be helpful. Thanks George

100_4310 (resized).jpg100_4310 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #26 5 years ago

Hey, I'm looking for the smaller cut out part of the artwork that the animals hide behind. Does anyone have a high res scan of it, or can you make me a high res scan or nice flat well lit photo with minimal distortion? Damaged is fine, I can correct it, as long as it's high res, like a 600DPI scan. I've rebuilt arcade art before from multiple flatbed scans and merging them.

Thanks!

#27 5 years ago

you might try to contact paul reno at wisconsinpinball..he might have some cut and ready artwork for these games for sale at good price but you must ask him...do any other owners of this game need artwork animals or back artwork?

#28 5 years ago

I Need background art. I have everything else. I got one of Paul's repro glasses and it looks great.

#29 5 years ago

ok..i promise to follow up with a post after i see him sunday with info and some kind of price if available for artwork.. ...i have a backglass from this game paul gave us as gift few years ago for our arcade..im sure its the highest score possible as it has a bullet hole thru the glass

#30 5 years ago

took this off the wall for photo.looks great hanging in gun game arcade area

006 (resized).JPG006 (resized).JPG
    #31 5 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

you might try to contact paul reno at wisconsinpinball..he might have some cut and ready artwork for these games for sale at good price but you must ask him...do any other owners of this game need artwork animals or back artwork?

Thanks, I'll definitely look into that.

Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I Need background art. I have everything else. I got one of Paul's repro glasses and it looks great.

While researching the artwork I found that the background is called something like "Yosemite Valley" by Albert Bierstadt

#32 5 years ago

sorry all..last set of artwork was sold.

#33 5 years ago

Dang, bummer. Is it worth contacting him for a digital copy that I can print myself?

Thanks

#34 5 years ago

Dale Gun owners. I'm in the process of restoring a Dale Gun which survived Hurricane Sandy here on the Jersey Shore back in October of 2012. My back glass is in about 18 pieces and here is my plan on restoring the glass. First I took a picture of the backglass with all the pieces closely together. I'm now in the process of restoring the photo with photo shop. Here is a copy of my work so far. I will continue to refine the picture and once completed I'll share it with the forum. I will then print the image on Hygloss Transparency Film Acetate Sheets used for Overhead Projectors. I will then place it to the back of safety glass and see how it holds up. I'm open to other suggestions! Well, I've been putting this restoration off for seven years, time to get down the basement and get started.

DaleGun (resized).JPGDaleGun (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt_1965:

Dale Gun owners. I'm in the process of restoring a Dale Gun which survived Hurricane Sandy here on the Jersey Shore back in October of 2012. My back glass is in about 18 pieces and here is my plan on restoring the glass. First I took a picture of the backglass with all the pieces closely together. I'm now in the process of restoring the photo with photo shop. Here is a copy of my work so far. I will continue to refine the picture and once completed I'll share it with the forum. I will then print the image on Hygloss Transparency Film Acetate Sheets used for Overhead Projectors. I will then place it to the back of safety glass and see how it holds up. I'm open to other suggestions! Well, I've been putting this restoration off for seven years, time to get down the basement and get started.
    [quoted image]

I bought a new one from Paul Reno at Expo. I'm not sure if he has any left but check with him. If not I will sell you my old one which is very nice but couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a new one. Let me know if interested.

Larry

3 weeks later
    #36 5 years ago

I'm restoring the Exhibit Supply Dale Gun. Does anyone have clear close up pictures of the targets (Squirrel, owl, rabbit, etc.)? Also, if anyone needs parts, I have extra that I could share at no cost. I'd rather see the parts used rather than sit on a bench. @pinsiders @dalegun

#37 5 years ago

I need the background art if you have that or a hq scan!

6 months later
    #38 4 years ago

Hi all,

I just got a Dale Gun that needs repair.
    I wouldn't be taking it apart till this winter, but I am willing to do high resolution of artwork if I can for people.
    I am also looking for a backglass, mine is in pretty wrough shape.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjzachmann:

Hi all,
    I just got a Dale Gun that needs repair.
    I wouldn't be taking it apart till this winter, but I am willing to do high resolution of artwork if I can for people.
    I am also looking for a backglass, mine is in pretty wrough shape.

I would love a scan of the background!

Wisconsinpinball did make reproduction backglasses, I don't know if he has any left.

http://www.crowriver.com/decals/index.htm has pricing decals for your restoration.

1 month later
    #40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt_1965:

I'm restoring the Exhibit Supply Dale Gun. Does anyone have clear close up pictures of the targets (Squirrel, owl, rabbit, etc.)? Also, if anyone needs parts, I have extra that I could share at no cost. I'd rather see the parts used rather than sit on a bench. @pinsiders @dalegun

I no longer have these NOS targets but here is a picture, Hope it helps.

20190707_130429 (resized).jpg20190707_130429 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt_1965:

PM me your email and I’ll send you scans of the NOS targets. I haven’t installed them yet.

1 year later
    #42 3 years ago

I've been repairing one of these off and on for the past 4 months or so. Someone hacked this thing up big time. The shot counter stepper unit has been converted from 16 shots to 20, the 100 counter unit has been disabled completely and its lights have been moved to the hit counter. So basically you have 20 shots to hit a total of 20 targets. Unfortunately whoever did this mod was a total amateur and left it in a pretty sorry state. Incorrect wiring, splices in random places, chopped wires left hanging etc. It's been pretty fun reverse engineering the changes but it has also been fairly frustrating at points. I've got it to the point where the hit registration and scoring works fine and it steps through everything as the previous modder likely intended. In the next few weeks I'll be converting it back to factory configuration; I've got the 100s unit working again, I just need to put the lights back, install the 16 hit pin in the hit unit, and convert the 20 shots back to 16. Then it'll be onto making reproduction art and touching up the backglass. When I'm finished with the art I'll post the files here for others to use. Hopefully I'll be posting pics of the final product here in the next month or so.

11 months later
    #43 2 years ago

Just found this club and this thread. I’ve signed up and looking forward to what I can learn.

As to the Pistol Shooting Gallery, I’m in desperate need of the foreground and background scenes and would like new or copyable targets. Anyone have hints or leads? I gather from the prior posts that the reproduction backglass are no longer available. Mine is "okay" but could be replaced as well.

Thanks all

5 months later
    #44 1 year ago

I have an unrestored version of this game. Complete but would need new glass and lots to TLC to make all contacts clean and working again. Would love to find somebody that wants it instead of sending to the scrap yard. I have had it for over 30yrs and will not move it again so if you have any interest, please let me know.

#45 1 year ago

Where’s it located

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/exhibit-supply-co-sharp-shooter-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.