(Topic ID: 23589)

Excuse me Gary, where is new code for ACDC?

By Squall

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

I-dont-always-test-my-code-but-when-I-.jpg
    woz_club.jpg
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

I hope so. I am very excited to see all that cool stuff finally work.

#52 11 years ago

I hope there's an update this week!

#53 11 years ago

Has anyone downloaded the current file or are we all just going by the readme file if the code is new or not?

With spiderman new code would be out and the readme file was not updated

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYG:

Has anyone downloaded the current file or are we all just going by the readme file if the code is new or not?
    With spiderman new code would be out and the readme file was not updated

You can tell by the file size. If it comes up as a 55 or 54.9 MB download then it is the same old code.

#55 11 years ago

Gary said by the end of this week. Seems a bit unfair to start a bunch of threads before the time promised has occured. If not this week I would expect to see multiple threads but this is ridiculous.

#56 11 years ago

My guess is Wed. or Thurs.
    Lyman is supposed to be playing in the Pinnesota! tourney that begins Fri.
    So if not by then, maybe I get to play a PAPA++ version of the code there!
    I'll let you guys know how it is...
    -DNO-

#57 11 years ago

One person in one post said he "received a message from Gary Stern" that it would be this week at the latest. No disrespect to the poster of that message, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

When it shows up, it shows up. I enjoy the game as it is and look forward to more when it's completed.

#58 11 years ago

Just as long as there are no more updates....

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Just as long as there are no more updates....

Yea. You wouldn't want to improve things further. That would suck.

#60 11 years ago

I've heard from two different reliable sources it was to be available 3 weeks ago, then the following week, then last week....and now maybe this week.

I gave up. Game is gone.
    My iron man arrived today and ill be setting it up when i get home.

Place ya bets on code this week? Ill take your bets...haha

#61 11 years ago

Define, reliable. Seems to me your sources are quite unreliable, no?

Quoted from hassellcastle:

I've heard from two different reliable sources it was to be available 3 weeks ago, then the following week, then last week....and now maybe this week.

You wanna bet? What's your PayPal address? $50 coming your way, I'll expect $100 back if it drops by 12:01am on the 17th.

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I think lots of people are still scratching their head at he Wizard Of Oz as a theme.

It's not a bad theme. You need to get over the fact that not everybody thinks like you dude, and just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it sucks.

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

It's not a bad theme. You need to get over the fact that not everybody thinks like you dude, and just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it sucks.

I actually like it as a theme?

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrainO:

I actually like it as a theme?

Me too! I think it's an outstanding theme. When i was young, It was always a special event when WOZ came on tv. Same with Wonka and the Ten Commandments. Brings back fantastic memories. Loved all those stop motion Christmas specials too. Bring on the Heat Miser!!

#65 11 years ago

Lots of people are scratching their heads, and "sucks" is opinion and not "fact."

If I don't like something, yah, it sucks. There are tons of games that I hate that I can appreciate, like TZ. I think it sucks, but it's obviously a good game.

There isn't anything for me to get over, maybe don't take it so personally?

Quoted from PinballHelp:

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

My guess is Wed. or Thurs.
    Lyman is supposed to be playing in the Pinnesota! tourney that begins Fri.
    So if not by then, maybe I get to play a PAPA++ version of the code there!
    I'll let you guys know how it is...
    -DNO-

Yes, it will be my precious BIBLE that you will be playing on DNO ! wink wink nudge nudge

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Lots of people are scratching their heads, and "sucks" is opinion and not "fact."

I'm wondering if it's ok if I post in every thread, how much I hate celery?

#68 11 years ago

You might as well at this point.

Quoted from PinballHelp:

I'm wondering if it's ok if I post in every thread, how much I hate celery?

#69 11 years ago

I gave up. Game is gone.
    My Iron Man arrived today and ill be setting it up when i get home.

Bad Move Human !

#70 11 years ago

I feel this is the week

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Define, reliable. Seems to me your sources are quite unreliable, no?

You wanna bet? What's your PayPal address? $50 coming your way, I'll expect $100 back if it drops by 12:01am on the 17th.

Really? I'll take that bet. Pm me for paypal

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Yea. You wouldn't want to improve things further. That would suck.

Yeah just get it right the first time.... Not too much to ask??? Or actually include the stuff that should be in the game ;P

#73 11 years ago

Obviously Stern subscribes to the old programmers adage...

I-dont-always-test-my-code-but-when-I-.jpgI-dont-always-test-my-code-but-when-I-.jpg

#74 11 years ago

I'll take that bet to hassle. I will pp 50 right now.

#75 11 years ago

I gave up. Game is gone.
    My Iron Man arrived today and ill be setting it up when i get home.

100 bucks it drops this week. Should we consider it a bet? I have some expensive sushi to pay for...

#77 11 years ago

Doh !!! Hahahaha

#78 11 years ago

Lucky for me that jalpert didn't pm me for bet

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Any money changing hands?

Waiting for Hassle to pay up!!!!

j/k

#80 11 years ago

Yah. I was expecting him to PM me, had you I would have. I was serious.

#81 11 years ago

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight nothing from hassle today.

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight nothing from hassle today.

He doesn't want to get "hassled"

#83 11 years ago

I lose. Thank god I didn't take any beats.
    Well I am looking forward to playing an updated acdc my friends house to see if selling the game was a mistake or if I still would have not liked it.

Y'all enjoy.

#85 11 years ago

The update is phenomenal. Work is going to DRAG today. So awesome to see the color changing inserts. Attract mode is gorgeous now, too.

#86 11 years ago

Still, seven months after they release the game to have documented features finally work as intended is pretty sad. It's a testimonial to how easily some in the community will pay for incomplete products. The stern fans aren't doing themselves any favors by downplaying the significance of this.

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Still, seven months after they release the game to have documented features finally work as intended is pretty sad. It's a testimonial to how easily some in the community will pay for incomplete products. The stern fans aren't doing themselves any favors by downplaying the significance of this.

Well, seeing how I just got it last Friday, I'm okay with this. Yeah, it sucks this kinda stuff happens, but what are you going to do? I mean, just don't buy NIB Sterns and you have nothing to bitch about.

I'm pretty sure most are informed of this or at least know from history this happens. I guess the good thing about it, is we live in an era where updating is quick and simple.

Basically, it is what it is. I'm not downplaying anything, but I can accept it. If someone plunks down 6-7 grand without looking in to it, so be it.

#88 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Ah yes, a WOZ fanboy trying to step on the thread. Don't complain about schedules. You don't have a leg to stand on.

#89 11 years ago

And I have had those months to play and love the game. Now it's a refresh and Makes it all that much more fun to own. Works for me!

#90 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Still, seven months after they release the game to have documented features finally work as intended is pretty sad.

Not sad ! What is sad is money tied up for 2 years and have nothing to show for it !

Get a grip.

Jim

#91 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Not sad ! What is sad is money tied up for 2 years and have nothing to show for it !
    Get a grip.
    Jim

Actually, both are pretty sad.

#92 11 years ago

PinballHelp is quite the shit talker.... Also, he has an ironic username.

Quoted from McCune:

Get a grip.

Jim

#93 11 years ago

ahhh jesus how can people make this much b.s out of two games. Never NEVER NOT EVEN IN THE CUBUTA EXPAT DAYS HAVE I SEEN SO MUCH BULL SHIT. ACDC WOZ BACK AND FORTH ARGHHHHHHHH

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

ahhh jesus how can people make this much b.s out of two games. Never NEVER NOT EVEN IN THE CUBUTA EXPAT DAYS HAVE I SEEN SO MUCH BULL SHIT. ACDC WOZ BACK AND FORTH ARGHHHHHHHH

Yeah it's a real dick train touch wreck in here.

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/excuse-me-gary-where-is-new-code-for-acdc/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.