• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Internet-tough-guy.png
woz-iphone.jpg
woz_-iphone.jpg
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

Volunteers are good people.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Volunteers are good people.

Not when they pretend to be an employee of a company that they are not an employee of.

Or when they pretend to own a powder coating company that they do not own.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The point should have been obvious to you. I'm not surprised that you act like you have no clue though.
See my edited post for your convenience.
I don't give a crap about your w2 status. Volunteer as much time as you want. I don't care.

You are just splitting hairs with nomenclature. So I guess the mayor of NYC who does not have a salary as he is independently wealthy can't claim ownership of any of the work he has done or claim to be part of the city.

You're purposely being pointed which is just ridiculous.

#54 11 years ago

Whether he is an employee or a volunteer that is willing to lend his expertise to JJP is irrelevant. I'm just glad Alex is helping out! I'm sure his contributions will be noticed on everyone's WOZ. Alex, thank you! The pinball community could use a bunch more guys like you.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Whether he is an employee or a volunteer that is willing to lend his expertise to JJP is irrelevant. I'm just glad Alex is helping out! I'm sure his contributions will be noticed on everyone's WOZ. Alex, thank you! The pinball community could use a bunch more guys like you.

You are very welcome. It's a shame a few folks in a fit of jealousy have to try to disparage the work of others to hide their own insecurities.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You are just splitting hairs with nomenclature. So I guess the mayor of NYC who does not have a salary as he is independently wealthy can't claim ownership of any of the work he has done or claim to be part of the city.
You're purposely being pointed which is just ridiculous.

Nice try Alex. Were you offered a salary by JJP? And then decline to accept it? That's the analogy that you are making. Talk about ridiculous!

You have a tendency to hold yourself out as something that you are not quite often. Why is that?

#57 11 years ago

Rob...do you have a personal thing with Alex?..or why do you care so much?

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You are very welcome. It's a shame a few folks in a fit of jealousy have to try to disparage the work of others to hide their own insecurities.

I have zero insecurities Alex. Stop projecting. What exactly am I supposedly "jealous" of?

Grow up.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nice try Alex. Were you offered a salary by JJP? And then decline to accept it? That's the analogy that you are making. Talk about ridiculous!
You have a tendency to hold yourself out as something that you are not quite often. Why is that?

Actually yes I was. Open your mouth. Remove left foot and insert right.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I have no idea why but it appears that way. I have done exactly nothing to him. I don't respond to his posts or otherwise but he feels the need to pointedly respond to mine. It's absolutely hysterical and sad at the same time. Extremely sad that some have nothing better to do.

#61 11 years ago

RobT---You have a tendency to crap on WOZ threads, attack other posters and be generally negative. Why is that?

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Alex misleads people, but some people here, like you, don't care about that. Others, like myself, do, so we ask a few questions.

How many people here thought Alex was a paid employee of JJP until I asked the question?

Having some healthy skepticism can be a good thing, especially when someone has a history of being less than forthright. Like Alex.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I have no idea why but it appears that way. I have done exactly nothing to him. I don't respond to his posts or otherwise but he feels the need to pointedly respond to mine.

Oh, ok...it just sounded like there was some serious bad blood there.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How many people here thought Alex was a paid employee of JJP until I asked the question?

The question is...do we care...

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You give WOZ and anything remotely related to it a constant pass every single day. It's nauseating.

I don't find anything wrong with WOZ. so?

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The question is...do we care...

I know you don't Ted. You are WOZ fanboy #2.

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You give WOZ and anything remotely related to it a constant pass every single day. It's nauseating.
Alex misleads people, but some people here, like you, don't care about that. Others, like myself, do, so we ask a few questions.
Having some healthy skepticism can be a good thing, especially when someone has a history of being less than forthright.

I have zero history of being less than forthright. And I have said for 3 months I was a volunteer when jack announced on the board I was assisting. You chose not to read that. Do a search. You will find the many times I've posted it.

Open mouth, remove right foot, insert left.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I know you don't Ted. You are WOZ fanboy #2.

Fanboy? Is that what they call someone that just likes the machine?...and supports the new company? Are you a fanboy of any machine?

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How many care ? And how many are glad to get more insight into the internal workings of WOZ ?

Put me down for 1 that doesn't give a rats hindparts about if he gets paid or not. And put me down for 1 that is glad to learn more about the innards.

LTG : )

#70 11 years ago

What he said
(watch it LTG...you might be a Fanboy!)

#71 11 years ago

Does anyone else here feel this is going to go nowhere?

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

(watch it LTG...you might be a Fanboy!)

No, I'm the guy that is thankful Jack farted.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I have zero history of being less than forthright.

LOL

How's your powder coating company doing?

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Does anyone else here feel this is going to go nowhere

More worried that eventually Alex will realize it doesn't pay to try and add anything around here to help or inform others.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No, I'm the guy that is thankful Jack farted.

#76 11 years ago

Stern is a better charity gig. Gary gives pieces of cardboard to his volunteers.

#77 11 years ago

Great threat til the internet tough guy showed up.

Internet-tough-guy.pngInternet-tough-guy.png

#78 11 years ago

Can we all just agree to Drop It?

#79 11 years ago

Any thread that the usual suspects chime in on usually get locked because that is their goal. The mods aren't tolerating that anymore.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

LOL
How's your powder coating company doing?

Espos is doing great! Extremely busy. Thanks for asking!

#81 11 years ago

Outta here!...Gotta go pick up cigars...

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Outta here!...Gotta go pick up cigars...

Ted what do you drink? Ill bring a bottle to the show.

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

How come you did not use that name when you first started pimping your PC ? That seems to be the problem with Alex's credibility .

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I know you don't Ted. You are WOZ fanboy #2.</blockquw

Who is fan boy #1?

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

How come you did not use that name when you first started pimping your PC ? That seems to be the problem with Alex's credibility .

I've been using it since inception. You guys chose not to read those threads in an ill fated attempt to discredit me. Nice try though.

I've even pasted links to the website and image feeds constantly.

But again your attempt at propaganda is laughable. Feel free to swing past and say HI at atown!

There will be a bunch of us hanging out.

#86 11 years ago

I personally would like it if this thread did not get locked and the discussion return to the topic so that more people can enjoy the product that we all worked so hard on.

For the record, I volunteered to produce this video for JJP as well and did not get paid. I am not an employee or representative. Just someone that wanted to help pinball.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's relevant because you referred to a product referenced earlier in this thread as not being "ours". That most clearly implies that you are an employee of JJP. Comprende?

Quoted from RobT:

Not when they pretend to be an employee of a company that they are not an employee of.

Quoted from RobT:

Jack considers Alex a full member of the JJP team. For example:

Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 07:19:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Friday, April 19th Update

In short, and again, we are going full speed ahead to make this game
be what we all envisioned it would be and Keith, Ted and Alex are not
stopping until we all say it's done!

"We"? That would imply "ours".

So what's it to YOU, RobT? Who exactly are YOU in relationship to Jack and JJP to have the authority and knowledge to impune otherwise by slandering Alex here?

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Anyone paying attention does not care!!!!

Alex is part of a PC company that does some of the BEST pinball powdercoating many have ever seen on a pinball game.

Alex is part of a pinball company that has done many great things for pinball (even though WOZ is not out the door)

I see no problem with Alex's credibility, but I think you fail to realize that those people constantly raising petty crap against him are impacting their own credibility...

Alex is contributing lots of great things to pinball >> go gander at the number of thumbs up he has gotten lately. Most people agree that Karma means nothing but thumbs up are actually a great indicator of people finding positive value in a Pinside member.

I personally really wish more of the PRO restores (Like JIM) would post some more excellent 'how to' threads to add more positive info and community to pinside!

#89 11 years ago

back on topic >> thanks for sharing the video!!!!

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I see no problem with Alex's credibility, but I think you fail to realize that those people constantly raising petty crap against him are impacting their own credibility...

As Col. Hans Landa would say, "That's a bingo !".

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Are you telling me (after all this time) that Espos is actually *your* business and that *you* are the owner? You've never said this before. A lot of misunderstandings could have been avoided if you said this before, because this is not how it came out previously.

Quoted from spfxted:

Can we all just agree to Drop It?

Yep.

And Kevin: it really is a top notch and professionally done video!

#92 11 years ago

This thread is a great example of where a "thread ban" feature would work wonders. Seriously guys, do you have to argue and derail threads all the time? I don't care who started doing what but this thread was not about Alex. If you want to discuss his w2 status or whatever, then open your own thread. Getting real annoying.

Back on topic, what a great video and high production quality indeed! Impressive stuff, and some videos from the game that I had't seen before. The fireball one is pretty cool. The game looks fast in the video, is that footage sped up or is the game faster than I have though it to be up till now?

#93 11 years ago

Thank you robin!

#94 11 years ago

Thank you Robin!! Please consider any means to stop this garbage. Thread ban sounds awesome and would only impact the predictable offenders.

Alex - continued appreciation for your work on WOZ and the tidbits of information you supply.

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

predictable offenders.

Laughable !

#96 11 years ago

No doubt you wouldn't like this feature!

#97 11 years ago

the only + to all the bs is it keep the thread near the top so I had a chance to read it!
nice job on the video Kevin. I'm looking forward to my woz!

can I be fan boy #3 : )

#98 11 years ago
Quoted from robin:

This thread is a great example of where a "thread ban" feature would work wonders. Seriously guys, do you have to argue and derail threads all the time? I don't care who started doing what but this thread was not about Alex. If you want to discuss his w2 status or whatever, then open your own thread. Getting real annoying.
Back on topic, what a great video and high production quality indeed! Impressive stuff, and some videos from the game that I had't seen before. The fireball one is pretty cool. The game looks fast in the video, is that footage sped up or is the game faster than I have though it to be up till now?

Thanks Robin. The footage of the gameplay is not sped up in any way. I am glad that people are getting excited watching the video. That was the whole point.

I would be more than happy to do the same for Stern in the future.

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ted what do you drink? Ill bring a bottle to the show.

Tequila would be real sweet! Thanks!!
er, I mean...Great video! Can I use a link for my website?

#100 11 years ago

The video is cool even if it's old.

I honestly don't care if Alex is an employee or not. I don't think Jack has employees. All I know is Jack being quiet and Alex sharing info is far better for JJP

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (OBO)
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/exclusive-jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-video/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.