(Topic ID: 67010)

EXCITING time to be starting this fantastic Hobby!

By ManiacMama

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Manic
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ManiacMama.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

OH my Gosh! Rediscovered pinball 2 weeks ago and the very first pinball I seen on youtube for game play was the WOZ! Then I discovered THLE is being made/Preorder (Mine is #640!) Today I Find out a remake of MM who's original Gameplay video has already got me so excited for pinball! (Trailer on youtube) Now I hope to get on the list for one of the MMR! I am hoping to pick up a LOTR very soon as my first ever pinball and a start to my collection of Epic Funness! Pinball is AMAZING and I am so excited to have rediscovered this Kick Butt FUN hobby! What a GREAT time to be starting pinball!

#4 10 years ago

LMBO Bacon of course! Going to pass on the Boobs...as a mom to 9 kids boobs just don't do it for me anymore LOL I however I can greatly appreciate the the perfectness of a complete package for epicness!

#22 10 years ago

LOL These comments Crack me up! I agree that it is expensive from what I have seen BUT indeed it is NOT the 90's anymore. What is exciting for me is the innovative bar that has been set and the variety of amazing games out there! Sucks it comes at such a high price though. My kids eyes bugged out when they seen the Gameplay of WOZ we had just randomly come across while beginning to research pins to buy. They started jumping up and down begging to get a pinball machine we dont care what it like we just want one to play on! We are a avid video gaming family but pins are very different and you can't even compare the 2. Got my 9 yr old son the X Box Starwars LE because every Kid need Starwars in thier life! Not to mention the Star Wars Lego and books that have dissplaced my son from his room! SO Naturally we MUST have Pins to "encourage" these very important values in our kids LOL My point is that there are 9 more young pinheads ( new blood) in the making now and I hope some of them develop a love for the game to learn how to fix/mod/ develop them one day and most importantly love to PLAY them! Would be a bonus if one them could do my pin maintence for me one day!

I will admit now that I will be a crappy collector because I intend to have our pins played HARD with NO thought to Game value down the road. I also am buying on Theme and FUN Factor and not what is A title or B title could care less. So I am open any suggestions for GREAT games. They key word is GAME therefor bought with "fun" money with NO expectation of invest just like all the "toys" we have. If you have kids that ride thier quads as hard as mine do then you exactly what I mean

#24 10 years ago

Craig Thank you! I found a great site with the info and history on Willimas system 11. This really gives me a better idea of how to look for what I want in games. I hope it's not to hard to get Rollergame here in BC Canada...I love the THEME as I Play Roller Derby so it already a no brainier for something I would love! I seen a few of these Titles on a site of used games/shop that about 6 hours from me. Now I know what I am looking at

#36 10 years ago

I have found Bugs bunny Birthday bash, Sliverball mania, Fireball, Joust, spaceshuttle, lost world all locally

As for the Female population...I have 5 daughters so you better get ready for a few more LOL

#40 10 years ago

The shop I found is about 6 hours away but that's local for me LOL I can't buy pins and fix them myself. No clue how they work....yet My field of expertise is in health services not electronics lol

#45 10 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions I have been watching lots of game play on youtube and thrilled to see these great games that I otherwise wouldn't have found for a while if ever. I am so excited to be able see and play some of these games in a couple weeks and start making my purchases! LOTR is my #1 priority and have room for maybe 4 or 5 if I have one in my living room. I already preordered the hobbit and looking for a couple more so when we move next year I will have the room for them for when they are "finally" delivered so no rush on those. In the meantime I am going to start searching Williams system 11's and getting a wishlist together! My kids are so excited almost as much as me

Star Trek is a game we all would enjoy. However I am not sure about preordering as I keep reading about "code" issues and "updates" what is that and why does that make or break buying a game for some?

#47 10 years ago

LOL Atomicboy I guess time will tell Once my herd of kids and their friends swarm our game room full of pins I can't see any of them being collectable to anyone down the road even if they started out that way lol With the MMR announced ( if all goes well) There might be "potential" to own some classics and not worry about the collectibility factor and getting damaged by kids playing hard. I am really excited about that!

#48 10 years ago

I am not sure how to say this with sounding like a complete a**hole. The price of pinball is EXACTLY the same 2/3 weeks ago when we decided to finally make our dream pinball family game room and bought our dream home(this month) to build it in. It did NOT detere our moving ahead with it. I understand most folks here have been around for a while and bought games when they were much cheaper but being NEW to the hobby that has 0 impact on my choices and prices I have to pay in the next 2 weeks. I am not willing to wait till the "market" changes....there is no guarantee that Myslef or anyone of my family members will be here to enjoy pinball 2 weeks from now...2 years from now...I am not waiting on something we dreamed of doing because of the "market" and how it affects MY (key word "MY") wallet. Sorry if I sound like a a**hole but we just want PLAY pinaball that all there is to it. Dont get me wrong I would LOVE to pay less!! But in the here and now when I am starting to buy games it is not a option..new OR used. So if the prices drop in the next 3,4,5,6,7 years Yippeee!!!! I will still buying up pinballs only for cheaper

ETA: After seeing gameplay and reviews I think as a NEW non biased consumer that JJP is more bang for your buck when buying new.

#49 10 years ago

Ok I didn't mean to come sounding so rude. I am just so sick and tired of people telling me WHY I want to play pinball and how much "I" am going to being paying to be doing it and that somehow should make me upset? Back out of the hobby? Put our dream Game room on hold? Cry?? So much animosity out there in pinball land!

I want to play because it is a AMAZING crazy fun family activity..No I do not want to collect. No I do not want a "Women" cave to have ladies night in every weekend. We are making a FAMILY game room with the objection of have ANY one the kids go into ANY time they want to play whatever they want with thier friends and each other. Unsupervised (gasp) I am looking fill up this great family hangout with A titles, B titles and whatever else we stumble across that will be FUN to play on.

The advice I have been getting on games has been so appreciated as that is what I was hoping to find on the site with so many knowledgable pinheads!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ManiacMama.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/exciting-time-to-be-starting-this-fantastic-hobby?tu=ManiacMama and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.