(Topic ID: 2364)

Exciting New Info from Jersey Jack about How to Pay for a New Wizard!!!

By Pintucky

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintucky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 13 years ago

Hey guys. Was talking with Jack today and I posed several questions about how a purchase and payment is to be made for the new Wizard of Oz Emerald City Limited Edition.

He told me: So that nobody misses out on this game at the Pre-Order price, the $250 refundable deposits must be converted to real orders within 60 days. Before that time, many more details about the game will be made known.

On March 1, 2011, Pre-Order customers can convert to be Special Order customers and be guaranteed a game for an additional payment of $1500. Full payment will not be required on 3/1/11.

I know a lot of people have been wondering about this. I hope this helps!!! I think it is encouraging, and that means a lot more people will be able to afford to jump in and say: "We're off to see the Wizard . . . ."

I'm also going to try and post this on the other thread so that no one misses it.

#7 13 years ago

Not that I'm getting priveleged information from Jack, but I have been posing a lot of questions to him lately and he is not ignoring me. When I inquired as to how I was going to be paying for this machine he outlined it to me and I told him I was going to pass this along on the forum. I have seen a LOT of questions concerning the payment process on these pages and other forum sites.

I think Jack is 'feeling his way' right now and perhaps some of these payment concepts have been spur of the moment thoughts. I know he is CONSUMED with this project and is in the process right now of obtaining an artist.

I guess I'm a gambler. Since he is trying to perhaps show Stern how pins should really be made, I have to think this one will be very special. He's surely not going to put out a crumby product and tarnish his own image. Secondly, I echo the sentiments of another poster on here in that Jack has been in business a long time and it will not be easy for him to abscond with the money. Those of us who put the big dollars in it will surely get a big dollars machine and maybe more.

I also am enjoying being a part of a 'new wave', the dawn of signficant change in the pathway and history of pinball. Stern could crash at any time. Jack's venture might crash also in a few years, but those of us who purchase a pin from him might be the last people on Earth who have bought one manufactured in the USA.

His explanation of payments is pretty clear to me. I put down $250.00 and got my name on the list as a 'tentative buyer' with no obligation. This guarantees for me, at least in this early time frame, that if orders exceed the 1,000 to be produced, I won' be bumped when it is time to commit; I will have the right to buy a pin at that second stage in March. On, or around March 1, you will have to commit or back out. You plunk down another $1,500 and you are locked in . . . and that's both ways . . . you WILL get a pin, and you CAN'T stop paying for it! No word on when you finalize things. I have asked him would he be willing to accept monthly payment plans between now and Christmas, but he has not responded.

Jack plans on releasing a lot of information within the next month. I am just guessing, but I'm thinking that by that time we might get to see some artwork or concept visuals as created by the artist.

#9 13 years ago

Coasterguy . . . thanks for the positive comment. I'm pleased that you said you are glad to be a part of this. Me too. I was beginning to think I was alone in my opinion. Yes, I'm like you . . . I like Stern pins too and have several. I am well pleased with my Avatar. Some people really put it down for having such an open playfield. But, after playing LOTR and Simpsons, I LIKE the open field. Gives me a lot of action play.

I think there is room for both of them. I hope they both succeed!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,000 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintucky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/exciting-new-info-from-jersey-jack-about-how-to-pay-for-a-new-wizard?tu=pintucky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.